Start by marking “Happy and Merry: Seven Heartwarming Holiday Essays” as Want to Read:
Happy and Merry: Seven Heartwarming Holiday Essays

Happy and Merry: Seven Heartwarming Holiday Essays

Just in time for Christmas comes a collection of the very best holiday essays from the bestselling Mother/Daughter writing duo. Whether their shopping for matching reindeer dog sweaters or having second helpings of egg nogg, Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella will keep you warm with their humor and heart. So give yourself some holiday cheer in the midst of all the sh ...more
Published October 26th 2012 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Happy and Merry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy and Merry

Carol
Nov 12, 2015 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I admit it - I judged this one based on the cover. It was cute and Christmassy and the library had the audio available for download, so I picked it up. I thought it'd be a fun, light short listen. It was short, but I think I just must not connect well with the authors. This is the only thing I've read by the mother-daughter team, and I don't think I'll be searching out more. Other reviewers apparently love them and this short collection of re-printed essays- I am definitely in the minority.

I gue
Nancy
Sep 02, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it
After reading Have a Nice Guilt Trip I went looking at Lisa and Francesca’s book listings and realized that somehow I had skipped one. Not sure how that had happened I quickly located to small book and quickly downloaded it.

Guess what?

At 28 pages, it is a republication of prior essays written by Lisa and Francesca in their on-going book series and Chick Wit column for the Philadelphia Inquirer.

At first, I was a little bothered that this was a complete reprint of what I had already read, until
Carol
Aug 24, 2015 Carol rated it liked it
How delightful. Mom and daughter give seven vignettes of things that happened to them at the holiday season. I thoroughly enjoyed it as it was in their voices with a lot of fun and joy. Surprisingly short, but boy I enjoyed it. Kinda gets me in the spirit.
Linda Ackelson
Apr 02, 2013 Linda Ackelson rated it really liked it
As always Lisa and Francesca share the funny parts of their lives. Always excited to read any of her books.
Diana Qureshi
Dec 29, 2013 Diana Qureshi rated it it was amazing
This is a small collection of Holiday essays by Lisa Scottoline and her daughter Francesca. The essays appear in previous books by this dynamic mother daughter duo!
mzaffi
Aug 13, 2016 mzaffi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
The stories are funny and heartwarming, but some are duplicates from earlier books. Disappointing to say the least.
Sandy
Dec 15, 2014 Sandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Way too short!

This book says it has 7 holiday stories and it's probably only 25 pages long. What a waste of money!
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Diane Fraser
Diane Fraser rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Karen Miller
Karen Miller rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Elaine McNeely
Elaine McNeely rated it really liked it
May 07, 2014
Tricia
Tricia rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
N
N rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Chris Crawford
Chris Crawford rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Lorraine
Lorraine rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Sherri
Sherri rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Nicole Oliver
Nicole Oliver rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Lori Bain
Lori Bain rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Jeanne Plymette
Jeanne Plymette rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Best of Miranda
  • I Hate It When Exercise Is the Answer: A Fitness Program for the Soul
  • Cake Icing, Butt Budder & Tea Lids
  • Love, Loss and What I Wore
  • Secret Santa
  • The World of PostSecret
  • Choir of Angels: Shirley, Goodness and Mercy\Those Christmas Angels\Where Angels Go
  • The Best Three Hours Of The Week
  • Cognition
  • Nest in the Wind: Adventures in Anthropology on a Tropical Island
  • Keeping Christmas
  • A Little Book of Christmas
  • Home for Christmas (Shelter Bay, #6.6)
  • To Catch a Cheat (The Great Greene Heist, #2)
  • Let it Snow! Season's Readings for a Super-Cool Yule!
  • Nooses Give
  • Access to Asia: Your Multicultural Guide to Building Trust, Inspiring Respect, and Creating Long-Lasting Business Relationships
  • A Basket Brigade Christmas: Three Women, Three Love Stories, One Country Divided
20258
Lisa Scottoline is the New York Times bestselling author and Edgar award-winning author of 28 novels, including her latest, ONE PERFECT LIE, which releases in April 2017. Her previous emotional thriller, MOST WANTED, has been optioned for a TV series. Lisa also co-authors a bestselling series of humorous memoir with her daughter, Francesca Serritella, which is based on their weekly Philadelphia In ...more
More about Lisa Scottoline...