Start by marking “Downpour (Weathering #1)” as Want to Read:
Downpour (Weathering #1)

Downpour (Weathering #1)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Weathering one of the fiercest storms of your life can seem almost impossible, but once you’re through it, things can be a whole lot brighter. Markus Simmons, a pre-med student who moonlights as a barista, narrates as he and his long-time crush, Clinton Stewart, learn more about themselves and what they’re willing to go through to heal and be together.

It took weeks before
140 pages
Published November 27th 2012 by Loose-Id Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Downpour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Downpour

Lauraadriana
I REALLY REALLY enjoyed this story.

What a great pair Markus and Clint were, and a what wonderful group of friends and family.

This story is narrated by Markus. Markus is senior pre-med major at UC Davis and works part time at coffee shop. Markus is SMITTEN with a beautiful, shy blond boy that comes in every single morning to the coffee shop. Once Markus works up the courage to ask him out he discovers that Clint, an American History major at the Uni is EXACTLY what he hoped for.

They fall hard and
Camille
The writing is really juvenile and terrible.
Everything is told, and in highly repetitive "I did this, I saw that" sentences.
Everything is trite, in a ménage of common m/m romance themes that are just collected here transparently and without being organic, used originally or blended seamlessly.
Everything is didactic.
It's unrealistic.

Additionally, which black man blithely laughs and flirts past the South's position in The Civil War? Ridiculous.
God, and the cavity-perfect parents? Ugh. Down to b
Candice
While I didn't love this story, it was a nice story and I did enjoy it. This story is told from Markus' part of view and I would have really liked if the author could have given us what Clint was feeling some of the time. There are some sweet moments with a little light angst thrown in which gives the story a little extra that was needed. I liked how family is not always defined by birth, but can consist of the ones that mean so much more to you and are there for you no matter what. I liked the ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Each chapter opens with a fitting quote or proverb for the chapter that follows, which I liked and it gave me an idea of what was to come.
Markus is the narrator of this story, he is a pre-med major and a senior at UC Davis.
He works as a barista in a coffee shop and has been crushing on the cute blond geek that comes in very early every morning for his coffee.
Clinton is a shy and quiet history major at UC Davis, he is having a hard time of it at the moment, but obviously enjoys his coffee and
Leah
I really don't know what the other reviewers read...I try REALLY hard not to be a book snob because harping about grammar, tense and like while missing the substance of a book really chaps my labia. I like this new author and Downpour gave me just what I needed. The storyline might not be new but reading about Markus & Clint will propel you on an emotional roller coaster. SWEET read.
MLE
Dec 17, 2012 MLE rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
Sweet, and moving. No healing penis just patience, understanding, and love. I enjoyed the connection between the characters, and the strength they both display. A really touching story.
Edina Rose
Weak 3 stars.
The characters are much better than the story and the beginning of the story is better than the rest of it. Nothing bad with the plot, just unremarkable to me.
Susan65
What a nice surprise. Nice combination of sweet and angst, without an over abundance of either one.
Heather C
Dec 14, 2012 Heather C rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Heather C by: Lauraadriana
I really liked this story. It was really sweet without too much angst, although it did touch on heavy subjects.

3.5 stars because it kinda ran out of steam in the end. The present tense writing style threw me off in the beginning, but I eventually got used to it.
Michelle
I had the privilege of being one of Bella's lucky pre-readers. DOWNPOUR is a book that'll tug on your heartstrings, and make you feel ALL THE FEELINGS. It's beautifully crafted with characters who will stick in your mind long after reading.
Linnea
I had the big honor of pre reading this.

It's still fresh in my mind, the incredible feelings you go through reading it. How attached you get to her characters. Given I've been reading stories from Bella for a long time so I was far from surprised.

It's a story well worth your time.
Lily
3.8 stars. In my opinion, this is a well written and quite emotional piece with engaging characters that drive the uncomplicated plot forward. It fit my mood nicely and represented overall a pleasant read.
Jayhjay
This review was originally published on my blog Joyfully Jay

Maybe I can’t stop the downpour, but I will always, always join you for a walk in the rain. —Albert Camus

Every day for the past year, Markus Simmons has watched the gorgeous Clinton Stewart come into the coffee shop where Markus works. The men have smiled and flirted and chatted a bit, and Markus is totally smitten, but it takes a long time for him to work up the nerve to ask Clint out. Especially when it is clear that the shy history g
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

This read very young; it's definitely a NA romance. Markus and Clinton are both 21 and in college. It's a sweet story with a low steam factor about finding love in unexpected places, accepting second chances, and learning that it's okay to lean on others. There was a large portion toward the end where the book really dragged; there's a court case, and big chunks of time are summarized. Markus's family was maybe a bit too perfect, and Clinton's a bit too evil, but I liked that this was a
Page Crusherz
I wanted to like it more than I did, but it wasn't terrible.

A few issues:

Present tense- It got to the point where it became distracting. Quickly. And stayed there.

Race: I didn't "get" the race of the MC. I know he was half black/half Asian, and while I applaud the diversity, I wanted to really feel his race as a part of his identity, but aside from a few remarks about his tan skin and Asian mother, I didn't get it. Also, blue eyes? Genetics bothered me on this one.

Overall though, it was a really
Debbie
I really enjoyed this story. Markus and Clint make a great couple when they finally find the courage to speak more than a few words to each other. I loved the secondary characters, especially Markus' good friend and roommate Jesse. This story had a little bit of everything to offer. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Joely Burkhart
Sweet story, kind of a New Adult with college students. I enjoyed the friendships a lot, but Clinton's family was a little heavily drawn. I'm glad he was at least able to reconnect with his sister.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Mandy
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance
Rated: 3.5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Elspeth
Words fail me right now, I will write a review later.
Trinity
I've had a few days to sit & think about this book.

I'm not going to lie, there were parts that gave me a very physical reaction. (view spoiler)

This was well written without being so flowery I wanted to put it down. In fact, I didn't put it down often. I read while my kids watched their morning cart
Isha
Aside from the totally unrealistic representation of Davis and UC Davis (from a perspective of a former UCD student) the story was itself was OK. The university is really good at helping students in financial crisis and the professors will do all they can to help students. That part was not really believable. Not to mention that there is public transportation in the city run by the Student Union and only the buses and university vehicles are allowed on campus. I know minor details, but it annoyi ...more
Ruth
I was enjoying it right up until poor woobie Clint turned out to have been gay bashed. too much drama all at once. I was actually rooting for Tristan, and I'm disappointed that instead of giving Clint depth, the author decided to write him as the most pitiful little victim ever. Dnf.
Jess
This is a very sweet and satisfying read which is almost to sweet at times. While I really loved this book there was just some part of me that just didnt buy the relationship. I think everything was to perfect :)

Perfect for when your in the mood for a lovely easy sweet read.

♡♥Ang ♥♡
Sweet and Healing!!!
Really really enjoyed this story ;)

Shahreen

Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • See (Ripples In The Water, #1)
  • Black Hawk Tattoo
  • How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Granby Knitting, #2)
  • Intervention
  • Aiden's Luck (Seattle Stories, #3)
  • Cataclysmic Shift (The Aloysius Tales, #3)
  • Still
  • All Bets Are Off (Mountain Boys, #1)
  • Imaginary
  • Two Lips, Indifferent Red
  • Your Biggest FAN (Greeks Invented Love #1)
  • Nail Polish and Feathers (Deep Secrets and Hope, #1)
  • Blessed Curses
  • Across the East River Bridge
  • Jack: Grime and Punishment (The Brothers Grime, #1)
  • Love Unspoken
  • Blurring the Lines (Blurring the Lines, #1)
  • Moving On
Bella Leone is an erotic romance author who discriminates against no combination of lovers. M/M, M/F, F/F, and all multiples thereof are fair game. She writes about people in like, in lust, and, ultimately, in love. Bella lives in Arizona with her husband and furry minions. When she’s not writing, she’s usually lending a helping hand to other authors or indulging in her penchant for historical &am ...more
More about Bella Leone...
Fair Puckled Happy Hour