Start by marking “Tia's Folly (The Path to Destiny, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tia's Folly  (The Path to Destiny, #1)

Read Book

Tia's Folly (The Path to Destiny #1)

Tia is the oldest Druid apprentice...ever. Unable to advance her rank until she learns to speak to the Gods, she is shocked when the Gods appoint her as the leader of the peace talks.

Promised to another, she struggles to understand why she finds herself drawn to the most feared man alive: the Phoenix Warlord.

Determined to do the right thing, Tia leads herself down a path o
Published July 25th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Tia's Folly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tia's Folly

Jamie
Feb 11, 2013 Jamie rated it liked it
Recommended to Jamie by: ARR Author
Shelves: z-2013-reads
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I did enjoy the read, but found there were a few small glitches that pulled me out of my reading zone, you know, that place were the words sort of disappear and all you see is your own personal movie in your head.

I am a lover of fantasy. The more magical and mystical the better. I felt that author Elly Helcl did a good job of making her magical world seem realistic. I almost completely bought into all of her characters and I was certainly able to feel the
Elly Helcl
Sep 25, 2013 Elly Helcl added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am not going to review or star this book....Why? Because I wrote it...

HOWEVER, that silly button that is on my page every single day is driving me nuts!!! This is the only way to make it go away!!!

So, hopefully that horrid button that has been taunting me will disappear now.
Bella Jeanisse
Apr 27, 2013 Bella Jeanisse rated it really liked it
The book surprised me. I was confused in the beginning, but soon understood why that was necessary. The story went a bit fast, but it allowed the time to span. A destiny does not happen in one day. I would have liked more developed with the characters, but there were enough of them to understand why that would be complicated.

The violence and adult situations were not as I expected, but they were written well and muted when they needed to be.

I do wish she had seen the greened eyed man again.

I wil
Anna Kļaviņa
Tia's Folly is first book in The Path to Destiny series. The second book Najia's Sacrifice follows Tia's foster daughter's Najia's fate.

Set in the magical world that is torn by war, Tia,a Druid, is chosen by the Gods to held a truce talk. In this story Druids are humanoid race and not the priestly class in old Britain.

* WTF moment "I tried to stop before he had taken my maidenhead, but I think he was past the point of being able to stop."
Men are physically able to stop at any point during sex
Jonel Boyko
Apr 27, 2013 Jonel Boyko rated it it was ok
This was a quite well edited and very unique novel. It flows nicely from one section to another. The author also makes minute changes in her writing style to differentiate between the multiple moods and tones that one feels while reading this novel. This really accentuates various events and characters. Helcl also produces some phenomenal descriptions. I can picture this world without even trying it was laid out so well for me.

The cast of characters in this novel is quite diverse. There were ma
Tony Parsons
Nov 11, 2014 Tony Parsons rated it it was amazing
The Gods have chosen Tia (Druid, apprentice) to correct the mistakes made before she was born & end the 500 yr. war & bring peace. She is the very 1st Druid woman to be ask to undertake such an enormous task.

Both Tia's parents were deceased. She was raised by Elder Uren.

Roland (Druid) accompanied Tia on her journey.

Upon arrival Tia & Roland are greeted by Trolls, the Falkeries, Drows, Gnomes & Satyr. Soon after the Phoenix (allies). Their Warlord stood out amongst all the group
Roxanne Packard
May 12, 2013 Roxanne Packard rated it it was amazing
The reason I love this book is because Tia reacts they way I'm sure most people would react when told that despite being engaged, the only way a major bad guy will even consider agreeing to make peace is if she agrees to be his: She refuses! And yet, her actions repeatedly have consequences that she could never have foreseen. Her folly is that even though she is repeatedly told what her destiny is, she stubbornly refuses to follow it and holds out hope that her choices will work out. The ...more
Adam Rossco
Adam Rossco rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
KG
KG rated it did not like it
Aug 04, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Blanca
Blanca is currently reading it
Nov 04, 2012
Chani
Chani marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Karma♥Bites ^.~
Karma♥Bites ^.~ marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
F. B.
F. B. marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Kana
Kana marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Almeta
Almeta marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Katy
Katy added it
J.R. Kiefer
J.R. Kiefer marked it as to-read
Becki
Becki marked it as to-read
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Maia
Maia added it
May 24, 2013
DeAnna
DeAnna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Alina
Alina marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
grumpyoldbird
grumpyoldbird marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Jaki
Jaki marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Doreen
Doreen added it
May 08, 2015
Adelina
Adelina marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Pigletto
Pigletto marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2016
Elly Helcl is a stay at home mom who lives in Blaine, Minnesota with her husband, two young daughters and three cats. When she isn’t writing you can usually find her curled up reading a book or cross-stitching.

Elly first developed a passion or writing in the fourth grade when she was taught how to write haiku’s. Since then, she has branched out into writing poems and books.

She has done some weird
More about Elly Helcl...

The Path to Destiny (3 books)
  • Najia's Sacrifice (The Path to Destiny, #2)
  • Aria's Redemption (The Path to Destiny, #3)