Start by marking “Drive Me To Distraction” as Want to Read:
Drive Me To Distraction

Drive Me To Distraction

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Sometimes life or death decisions are easy. Alex Radford has a choice – borrow the money to treat her mother’s rare and aggressive cancer from sleazy moneylender Hamish MacCameron. Or do nothing and watch her die.

MacCameron has an agenda. He wants Alex in his bed, and he wants her to help him exact revenge on his sworn enemy, Robert Dryden. He is only too happy to lend her
ebook, 1, 340 pages
Published November 1st 2012 by Momentum

To ask other readers questions about Drive Me To Distraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drive Me To Distraction

Alexandra
This was a surprise, it was free on amazon and I like fast cars..so why not!

I would describe this as a romantic suspense/action, although the love story is there it's fairly subtle..it's much more about the plot, the attempted sabotage and blackmail that's going on!! There's A LOT going on!

This is a fast read, I needed to keep going and find out what happened next, the writing was good and kept me hooked till the end. I enjoyed reading a story set in the UK for a change, there are so many books
Shereen Poultney
Alex wants to drive Formula 1 but boy does she get an adventure in return! Gripping from the first sentence, I was laughing half the time and then sitting on edge in suspense the other half! Caitlyn Nicholas wow's with another superb book!
Sami
A great adventure with a dash of romance. The female formula one driver heroine was a new twist and the details about the racing world make you feel like you're right there. Great story.
Veronica Foale
I read this in one fell swoop and enjoyed every second of it.
Sonya Heaney
Feb 03, 2013 Sonya Heaney marked it as to-read
This book has Formula One in it. That’s all I need to know.
Kathy Stewart
Going by the racy title (sorry – I couldn’t resist that pun), you would be forgiven for thinking this book was an erotic novel, but one look at the cover should partly dispel that notion. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but having read Fifty Shades of Grey and enjoyed it, I was happy enough to see whether I really would be driven to distraction or simply driven nuts.
If you’re expecting erotica, then this book isn’t for you, but if you’re looking for an exciting read, you won’t be disappointed.
Ale
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Wasn't sure what this book was going to be like and I was pleasantly surprised by the chatty prose and believable characters.

Alex sure is a feisty girl but when you brought up on the F1 circuit amidst boys and your father wanted a boy then it is going to have an effect on you.

Rob was great, I loved his character, he had a lot on his plate and he was still an affable person and a great male without too much alpha. He had just the right mix of authority with charm and a good sense of humour.

MacCam
Alison
So I don't think the Amazon blurb does a very good job of describing the book because it refers to something that happens quite near the end as if it is the start of the story - very confusing.

So Alex is a fantastic driver and wants to drive formula 1 cars, but of course she is a girl and so no formula 1 team will give her a chance, even though she is winning every single formula 3 race she enters. At the start of the book she is giving driving lessons at a race track in performance cars - thin
Helen
This is such a good story it has a bit of everything in it blackmail extortion secrets a fiesty heroine in racing car driver Alex and a hero Rob who is trying so hard to make things right in the family business after the death of his father lots of family issues and a very nasty villain. The romance between Alex and Rob is sensual an on an off this is a story that will keep you turning the pages I really enjoyed it and highly recommend this one.
Kathy
I tried… I really did, but I just couldn't get past the choppiness of the writing and fact that I don't like any of the characters. I will be honest and say I didn't finish this book, but after 3 chapters of trying with all my might to read this book, I just couldn't do it anymore.
Dena (Batch of Books)
This book exceeded my expectations in many ways. I really really liked the characters. Rob was a wonderful guy and exactly the kind of person I would love to be friends with. Alex was complex and interesting and I really liked the way she developed over the course of the book.

To be honest, the first few pages almost scared me off. They came across as shallow and suggestive, which are two things I don't like. However, by the end of the first chapter, I was hooked.

While the story had more content
Katie
This book started off promising, but by the middle it was clear it could benefit from some editing for spelling and grammar, and F1 knowledge. That said, the plot was full of twists that kept me guessing, and made for a good mystery.
Rebecca Holder
I don't like to leave reviews based on my personal book preferences, there are books that are brilliant within their own rights and I don't like them because I just don't like them, not because they are lacking in anything. If his were the case I wouldn't leave a review and rating, however I found this book totally predictable and completely ridiculous. The characters Wernt believable, the plot line was way over the top and to be honest there wasn't one aspect that I enjoyed.

I know some of you w
Dena
It's worth a read, not sure of the ending. I just couldn't figure out why she didn't. It was not explained
Ashley
Surprised but this was a great story. Loved it.
J. Lynne
I just didn't like it. I don't really know what genre to classify it under either. I didn't have any sympathy for the characters (I didn't like them), and their actions/reactions were unbelievable.

Overall, the book was bland and boring. The characters had no life in them. It could have gone through another two rounds of editing, as well; there were some glaring mistakes that were distracting and annoying.

I liked the concept, but the execution was poor.
Dena
This book was a bit dry for me. At times I wanted to not finish it because it was slow. The girl is tough but not and super talented as a driver. She takes rob on a ride of his life and he never wants to get off. The chemistry is there and they make a good couple but sometimes she seems a bit naive and acts like an idiot.

Overall it could have been wrapped up sooner. The story was good and I enjoyed the ending.
Cathy
ok read. This was a nice story. I would consider this book a filler, meaning when your looking for something to read while waiting on another book.

She always wanted to be a race car driver. She meets Rob while he is giving driving a try. Rob, the owner of a race car company, ends up hiring her to race for them. After much scandal and trouble, it all works out in the end.
Shelly
This was free on Amazon. I expected to like this more than I did. Unfortunately, I found myself put off by the main characters right at the beginning and never could fully recover.
MadLoveBookBlog
I started reading this book and boy I couldn't put it out! I went to bed at 4am, and read as much as possible at work! Very good story, now I want to race cars!!!! OH LORD!
Mary Mckeever
It was a pretty decent book. Though a bit chatty at times I finished it in one evening. I can say I will be looking up more works by this author.
Terri
I kept reading hoping it would get better but it never did. Sometimes it was too bogged down with irrelevant details that I would just skip ahead.
Paula
This started of really good, then just seemed out of control, silly even, I read to the end, but really wasn't my cup of tea writing wise
Lburt
Fast cars, head strong girl, fame, scandal, blackmail, murder, romance what more could you ask for in a book.
Lindsay
Jan 11, 2013 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 01/11/2013

SandraE
I thought the synopsis sounded interesting and it totally lived up to expectations.
Danielle
This book was so engaging! I could not put it down and stayed up all night reading it!
Selena
good read keeps you on edge of your seat
Lindsey
Amazon freebie 1/15/13
Jan 27, 2013 Sarah marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, kindle
Free on amazon
  • Undercover Heat
  • In a Lover's Silence
  • Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance (Our Song, #3)
  • Metal Urge
  • In the Moment (Moments, #1)
  • Righteous Obsession
  • Dead Again
  • The Bad Ass Brigade
  • Curiosity Killed The Kat (Katherine Flynn, #1)
  • Branded (Retribution, #1)
  • The Good Daughter (Vista Security, #1)
  • She Belongs to Me: A Southern Romantic-Suspense Novel - Charlotte - Book One
  • The Other Brooks Boy (Texas Wildfire, #1)
  • Broken Build (Chance for Love, #1)
  • Vengeance (The Surgical Strike Unit, #1)
  • Always Dreaming of You (Always, #1)
  • Unsafe Haven
  •  Angel on Fire (Angel Investigations)
I love writing. It’s my happy place. Other happy places include my garden and my kitchen, both situated in my uninspiring 70s red brick house in suburban Sydney, Australia. I love eating. I also love my dog, my cat, my chickens, my children and my husband. Mostly. And not always in that order. Some days I spend a great deal of time suppressing the urge to strangle the lot of them. This is because ...more
More about Caitlyn Nicholas...
Secret Intentions Pursuit The Danger Game Running Scared The Danger Game (Novella)