Start by marking “Web of Lies” as Want to Read:
Web of Lies

Web of Lies

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
High school sweethearts, Stephanie and Lachlan, are torn apart by circumstance, bad decisions and a web of lies, leaving an unknown future for their son, Ryan. Eight years later they reconnect, but the time apart has changed them. The family had made decisions based on lies and deceit and now they must find a way to either reveal the truth or find another option. On the su ...more
Published December 2012 by Even Before Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Web of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Web of Lies

Anne Hamilton
Nov 16, 2015 Anne Hamilton rated it really liked it
Spoiler Alert!

David and Ellen are likeable parents who have lied, deceived and manipulated to have their own way in their son's future. But it's all about to come crashing down for them...

Lachlan and his former girlfriend Stephanie have based many of their life decisions on those lies. Lachlan is keen to rekindle a romance but Stephanie is not so sure. She's still grieving the loss of the baby Lachlan fathered.

But there's a twist in store for them both: baby Ryan was adopted by Lachlan's s
Dale Harcombe
Apr 02, 2013 Dale Harcombe rated it really liked it
This book is aptly named for it is not just one lie that has been woven into the fabric of this novel and the Hunt family, but so many lies. Now all of the Hunts, including Lachlan and his childhood sweetheart Stephanie, are caught in the middle and faced with a decision that could affect more lives than just their own.
Anything to do with a child and custody of a child will nearly always get and keep me reading. In this case the child is seven year old Ryan. He is the innocent party caught in t
TashNz
Nov 13, 2012 TashNz rated it liked it
Web of Lies is an emotional roller coaster of a story which follows the lives of a family when the first secret is discovered. Yes, I did say first, there are more secrets and lies to follow…

Lachlan and Stephanie are high school sweethearts. Tragic events lead to Lachlan believing Stephanie miscarried. Their son Ryan, however, is very much alive and living with Lachlan’s sister. To make matters worse Ryan believes Lachlan’s sister is his Mother.

All this is discovered in the action packed first c
Iola
Apr 17, 2013 Iola rated it really liked it
Eight years ago, teenage Lachlan Hunt was injured in a rock-climbing accident that left him unconscious for almost a year. Now aged twenty-five and financially independent, he decides to leave New York and return to his childhood home of Sydney in the hope of reconnecting with Stephanie, his former girlfriend, who had been pregnant when he had his accident.

This announcement shocks his parents, Ellen and David, as they realise they will now have confess the lies they told all those years before,
Susan Barnes
Apr 01, 2013 Susan Barnes rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
The well apt title of Web of lies describes the way deceit has silently crept into a number of relationships in this story. Lachlan and Stephanie had formed a relationship during high school but circumstances and family lies had pulled them apart with Stephanie left to deal with being pregnant and a sick guardian aunt. Eight years later, Lachlan decides to reconnect with Stephanie.

I liked the gradual process of untangling the lies and finding truth. I felt the characters dealt with their pain a
Omega Writers
Apr 01, 2013 Omega Writers rated it really liked it
From our CALEB reviewers:

Laura O’Connell’s latest novel Web of Lies is very different from her earlier book African Hearts but it is just as gripping and enticing. Laura has writing skills that draw the reader into the story and ask: What would I do in these circumstances?

Lachlan and Stephanie are teenage lovers who after one serious mistake find themselves a world apart and separated by family interference. It is a story where one lie leads to another and then another until it is very hard to d
Desere
Nov 03, 2012 Desere rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Desere:

Web of lies was one of those books that completely captured my attention from the start go! I loved how the author brought her characters back together and I completely adored how she page by page let the lies, deceit and secrets unfold to us the readers.

The book have a fabulous backdrop,and amazingly inspiring characters that will stay with me for a long time. I did however feel really sad for the character of Ryan,he is the innocent in this whole "mess" and had no choice but
Jennifer Phillips
Aug 02, 2015 Jennifer Phillips rated it really liked it
I Like the plot. I kept thinking about how I wanted the story to end. It ended satisfactorily, but not exactly as I imagined. It was easy reading.
Narelle
May 01, 2013 Narelle rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Web of Lies. I have watched this story evolve and critiqued earlier versions of the story. Laura has done a great job in tackling a complex family drama. She keeps the reader hanging until the end, turning the page to find out how the main story question is resolved. The consequences of what seemed like small lies many years ago create a massive snowball with the potential to destroy a number of family relationships.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author.
Michelle
Oct 24, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
What a tangled of twisted lies this family unravels. Though on some ways it is predictable, its a great read and intriguing to see how the characters deal with knowing the truth as they learn it.
Carol Preston
Feb 16, 2013 Carol Preston rated it liked it
Engaging Aussie drama with a good message and happy ending.
Rose Dee
Nov 24, 2013 Rose Dee rated it really liked it
Intriguing from beginning to end.
Nas Dean
Nov 16, 2012 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WEB OF LIES by author Laura O'Connell is a December 2012 release.

Highschool sweethearts Lachlan and Stephanie are separated and Lachlan is forced to go to US from Australia with his parents.

He promised Stephanie he would be back for her when he found out that she was pregnant. But he gets in an accident and is in coma for more than a year.

When he awakes, he is told that Stephanie lost her baby and for him to concentrate on his rehabilitation and education.

Years later he uncovers the secret by c
Johanna
Jun 27, 2013 Johanna rated it liked it
When I first read the review of this book I got really excited for it sounded like a typical romance novel I would love reading. Which I did and I liked the plot. However upon finishing it I feel that the story had the potential to be further developed, in characterisation and plot, so that more emotion is able to be had from the reader. I especially found this to be the case with the reconnection of Lachlan and Stephanie, whose growing relationship didn’t portray enough intimacy, and I question ...more
This was a great book. We are always told that secrets can destroy lives and this book is proof of how secrets can harm and destroy – whether we think we are telling lies for ours or someone else good. My heart goes out to Stephanie as I can tell how much she wants to have her son but also knows that he’s been living with someone else and removing him could cause problems. The whole book was an easy but very heart tugging read that I easily devoured in a couple of days.

Of course the Aussie phras
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Paula Vince
Paula Vince marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Susanne Timpani
Susanne Timpani marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Helen Lacey
Helen Lacey rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2013
RWA
RWA marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
4820121
Laura enjoys writing contemporary stories about second chances in love and life. She calls the Gold Coast home, however, her curious nature leads her on adventures to locations that surprise and delight her. Laura has a passion for telling a good story set in places where she has lived and travelled.
More about Laura O'Connell...