Start by marking “Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)

Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  1,209 ratings  ·  129 reviews
Christmas in July at the zoo is the last place single parents Eric Riley and Marissa Wilder expect to find love. Thanks to some mistletoe mischief in the form of their two young daughters and Santa, they discover mistletoe rules were not made to be broken.

74% of the material is actually the story; the rest is samples from other books in the series.
Published September 15th 2012 by Stacey Joy Netzel (first published November 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe Mischief

Alan Nayes
I read this author's last romance, the bestselling LOST IN ITALY, and thoroughly enjoyed it so decided to try one of her other romances, MISTLETOE MISCHIEF. Afterall, it is that time of year, right. I wasn't disappointed and this is from a reader who doesn't read all that many romances. But I loved the ending in LOST IN ITALY so figured she'd write a great ending here. Yes, she has those satisfying endings down! MISTLETOE MISCHIEF is about two divorced single parents who meet during a trip to th ...more
Sweet romantic novella ; divorced mother of6 year old Heather , Marissa Wilder finds herself roped into chaperoning her daughter and her freind Reese at the school field trip to the zoo, celebrating Christmas in July , because parents failed to show up as promised. To spite being in work clothes and high heels she and the girls are having a good time, when reesespots her father Eric Riley , one of the no show parents . Eric and Marissa may have an instant attraction to each ther but first impres ...more
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This is one of those reads that are perfect for a moment of downtime. It's a sweet, cute and short read that left a smile on my face.
While it is a short read the author does a great job at giving the characters some depth as well as some background to help flesh them out. In the end you have characters who feel human and are not subjected to the cookie-cutter routine. They have a genuine reaction to each other and due to some misunderstanding they even have a bit of aversion, but it was sweet t
Oct 23, 2012 Rhonda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a fun romantic read!
Mistletoe Mischief is the first book in this series involving the Riley siblings by Stacey Joy Netzel. I just finished reading it and can't wait for the next. This was a fast fun romance. Ms. Netzel managed to make me care about these characters from the beginning. Even the child characters were well developed. The characters touched my heart and I hope they're in the other books of the series.
Book Sniffers Anonymous
This is a short story about two divorcee's who meet at their child's field trip to the zoo. At first Marissa's first impression of Eric is not good. Due to his tardiness, she was coerced into chaperoning her daughters field trip instead of heading to work. To make matters worse, the man is blatantly flirting with her when she knows his wife is at home pregnant with another child. However, we all know the saying about assumptions.

This was a cute Christmas in July story. Not a whole heck of a lot
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick
This is not a review!

Yep, another Christmas themed story. Grab it while it's free and be ready for next Christmas' reading challenges!

Christmas recipe for love—combine a matchmaking Santa, lots of mistletoe, one iron-clad rule, fated hearts; mix and stir. The Riley siblings don't stand a chance.

Mistletoe Mischief

Lou LaJeunesse
This was a fun and quick read. The first of a series. It is short read but leaves you wanting to know more which is what a series should do. It is heartwaarming and amusing . This book combines Christmas the zoo and two families you cannot wait to see blend. You have a matchmaking Santa and two people who need a second chance at love. Two small girls who develop a fantastic friendship. I will definitely read the rest of the series.
Holly Montrose
Feb 23, 2014 Holly Montrose rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of Christmas Romance, Holiday Romance, Romance Novels, Romance Books, Contemporary Romance,
Mistletoe Mischief by Stacey Joy Netzel is a cute wee novella that gives you a little festive romance – at the zoo in July! And I'm all about cramming as much Christmas into the year as I possibly can.

Right from the start, ex-army paramedic, Eric, is simply irresistible. He's handsome, funny, cheeky...and sexy. He's also a doting dad and recently divorced and longs to see more of his daughter, Reese.

Marissa is a single mom, and fine with it being just her and her daughter, Heather. And then Mr.
Danae Ringsby
Marissa is a single mother of one who wasn't supposed to be at school today with her daughter but due to her sister being on vacation she was the one to take her to school. Figures that the day she is supposed to go into work in heels is the day that the parent volunteers don't show up for the school field trip. In an attempt to educate Heather and Reese on the animals at the Zoo Marissa meets Reese's dad Eric. The attraction between the two of them was like a massive wild fire right off the bat ...more
Nice little Christmas in July novella. Single parent Marissa unexpectedly ends up chaperoning her daughter's class trip to the zoo when some of the other parents don't show up. Part way through the trip another girl's dad shows up, late. Marissa is attracted to him, but believes he is still married to Reece's mother and is put off by his flirting. Eric is also attracted to Marissa and would like to get to know her better. He is confused by her cold attitude toward him.

Both Marissa and Eric have
A quick, short Christmassy read that cuts to the chase. The main characters - Marissa and Eric - are adorable together. I wish there was more of their kids in it cos they sounded equally adorable.
Sophie (Blogger)
Marissa is a single mother to a sweet little girl called Heather, with a ex-husband who couldn't care less, Marissa is left to be both a mother and father figure to her daughter. So, when she meets Eric, the father of her daughter best friend she isn't impressed at all with him.
Then again, turning up late for a school trip didn't really go in his favour either, but he is very charming and handsome everything Marissa wants but she has to put her daughter first, she promised herself she would. Th
A nice, short read! Looking forward to reading more of the series!!!

Re-read of this to catch up so I can continue the series!
A cute quick read. This is more of a Christmas in July read.
Mistletoe and Mischief is a cute novella with a twist in the holiday theme. Christmas in July at the local Zoo brings divorcee's, Eric and Marissa, together when they both chaperone their daughters field trip. This is a sweet romantic story with depth to each of the characters despite it's length. The interactions with the kids is adorable and adds to the element of sweetness. Unfortunately, it seemed that just when the story begins to evolve and draw you in, it gets wrapped up with an epilogue ...more
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

Mistletoe Mischief is a super short story. It starts off with Marissa at the zoo with her daughter and her class. She was substituting last minute and as the story opens Eric shows up late to be a chaperon. Marissa and Eric's daughters are friends and so they all hang out all day. Marissa is attracted to Eric, but she has a lot of hang up and projects her ex's shortcomings onto him. She is so wishy washy. One minute she is all he is great! The next he is the worst!

My Review:
I'm a sucker for a cute Christmas romance, this threw me just a bit since it was more of a Christmas in July that eventually goes to Christmas but it was still adorable. It also has insta-love which I am usually not a fan of, however, I really thought this book was cute. Eric and Marissa are very cute together and I kind of loved the misunderstanding they had about there relationships. They meet up at the zoo for both of their daughters class trip and with a few mishaps they are thr
Mistletoe Mischief by Stacey Joy Netzel
Romancing Wisconsin Series Book 1
Marissa Wilder loves her daughter, Heather. That love has her at the zoo instead of work today and since it was last minute because of a few no show chaperones she isn’t exactly dressed in zoo apparel. Especially not her high heeled sandals. When one of the chaperones wanders up late she can only compare him to her ex-husband. Even so, she can’t seem to keep her eyes off the handsome man.

Eric Riley would love to have his da
Mistletoe Mischief opens immediately to the meeting of the main characters, Eric and Marissa. There is an instant, strong reaction between the two along with the wrong impression of each other's marital status. Although one of them quickly realizes the truth, the other continues to get the wrong idea about the personality and the reasons behind the other character's actions. They are continuously put together during the field trip of their daughters at the zoo. The mistletoe is a recurring objec ...more
Being from Wisconsin myself, when I came across a new series called Romancing Wisconsin I knew it was something I had to check out.

Mistletoe Mischief was a fun twist on the traditional holiday read; the story took place in the summer while the zoo was celebrating Christmas in July. This story still had the feeling of a holiday romance, but there was the added bonus of a campfire and smores which I personally think make any story better...and now I'm craving some. (Think I can dig through the sn
What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon then to curl up with a short romance that is sugar sweet. The author introduces us to characters that are human with human short comings and emotional hang ups. Where people jump to conclusions and judge people without first walking in their shoes. But once misunderstandings are cleared up and some mistletoe is brought in.. anything can happen!

Marissa, a single mom is roped into chaperoning her daughter's day camp trip when three other parents are no s

Original review featured here on The One With Rachel's book

Marissa is chaperoning her daughter Heather's class trip to the zoo when she meets Eric, father the Heather's friend Reece: Hello, instant attraction!! Add in some meddling from both Reece and Heather, as well as Santa (also known at Butch), and some well placed mistletoe, and it looks like the zoo visit is just the start of their relationship.
I thought it was a really nicely written, vaguely Christmassy novella (but the Christmassy part
Mistletoe Mischief is a short, fun read that is about the zoo having a "Christmas in July" day. It could really be read at any time, not just at Christmas.

Marissa was dropping her daughter, Heather, off for a day camp trip to the zoo when she found out that some of the chaperoning parents did not show up. She agreed to go on the trip even though she wasn't dressed for it, in order to not let her daughter down. One of the no-show parents arrives late and Marissa is pretty angry at him because she
Stephanie Powell
This was a short and sweet story of second chance love. Even though it was July it still put you in the Christmas spirit. Both characters love there daughters and have horrible ex's but are they truly ready to move on. And give love another chance life works in mysterious ways and sometimes your brought together for reasons you will never know. I will be reading the rest of this series can't wait.
This was a fun read. I bought the Holiday package - so I have three more to go. It wasn't too sappy as far as romance books go. And it's been awhile since I read one. I forgot how fast you can read these.

Although, I'm not a native of Wisconsin, I've spent plenty of time there. I don't know whether the small city of Pulaski is real or not nor do I need too. It sounds like a charming place to live. In this book, we find out the city has a zoo and that's where are two protagonists meet. It's Chris
Cute story, I just wished there was more to it. There wasn't really any character development that got us from point A to B. I would have liked to see this as a full length novel so we could see the romance develop between Eric and Marissa. (Especially because the interactions between them and their daughters are utterly adorable)
Tam B.
I felt a bit deprived with this book as it was a short and I didn't realise it. I got it as a free read so I'm not feeling outraged over money spent. I'm disappointed because the author created this great meeting and follow up to get the couple on their way to a HEA and then skipped a middle to give us an epilogue featuring the HEA.

The author can obviously write well and I really think should consider going back to these stories and fleshing them out to a full length novel. The couple in this bo
Patricia C Robbins
Romance Wins Again

I always love a story with just enough suspense to keep me on the edge of my seat and a happy ending to keep my dreams alive. This is such an offering. I'd love to read more of the Financing Wisconsin series.
Sharon Lathrop

This was an enjoyable, easy read. It moved right along and kept them reader interested. At times this story was even humorous. I think this author has other good books ,like this that I plan to check out.
Book Giveaways: Win a Christmas romance books by Stacey Joy Netzel 1 5 Dec 10, 2012 03:03AM
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)
  • Ice Gods
  • Jingle This!
  • Emilie's Christmas Love
  • Twelve Days
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Silver Bells
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • Save Me, Santa
  • All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1)
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas, #3)
  • The Navy Seal's Promise
Wisconsin native Stacey Joy Netzel fell in love with books at a young age, so for her the graduation to writing them was natural. A member of Romance Writers of America (RWA) and Wisconsin Romance Writers (WisRWA), she credits her parents for encouraging her dreams of becoming a published author, as well as the very talented friends she’s made in WisRWA since joining in 2004. Her Christmas antholo ...more
More about Stacey Joy Netzel...

Romancing Wisconsin (7 books)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #2)
  • Mistletoe Match-Up (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #3)
  • Autumn Wish (Romancing Wisconson, #4)
  • Autumn Bliss (Romancing Wisconsin, #5)
  • Autumn Kiss (Romancing Wisconsin, #6)
  • Spring Fling (Romancing Wisconsin #7)