Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)

Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  882 ratings  ·  113 reviews
Christmas in July at the zoo is the last place single parents Eric Riley and Marissa Wilder expect to find love. Thanks to some mistletoe mischief in the form of their two young daughters and Santa, they discover mistletoe rules were not made to be broken.

74% of the material is actually the story; the rest is samples from other books in the series.
Published September 15th 2012 by Stacey Joy Netzel (first published November 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe Mischief

Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This is one of those reads that are perfect for a moment of downtime. It's a sweet, cute and short read that left a smile on my face.
While it is a short read the author does a great job at giving the characters some depth as well as some background to help flesh them out. In the end you have characters who feel human and are not subjected to the cookie-cutter routine. They have a genuine reaction to each other and due to some misunderstanding they even have a bit of aversion, but it was sweet t...more
Kristin
This is a short story about two divorcee's who meet at their child's field trip to the zoo. At first Marissa's first impression of Eric is not good. Due to his tardiness, she was coerced into chaperoning her daughters field trip instead of heading to work. To make matters worse, the man is blatantly flirting with her when she knows his wife is at home pregnant with another child. However, we all know the saying about assumptions.

This was a cute Christmas in July story. Not a whole heck of a lot...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...
This is not a review!

Yep, another Christmas themed story. Grab it while it's free and be ready for next Christmas' reading challenges!

Christmas recipe for love—combine a matchmaking Santa, lots of mistletoe, one iron-clad rule, fated hearts; mix and stir. The Riley siblings don't stand a chance.

Mistletoe Mischief

Linda
Sweet romantic novella ; divorced mother of6 year old Heather , Marissa Wilder finds herself roped into chaperoning her daughter and her freind Reese at the school field trip to the zoo, celebrating Christmas in July , because parents failed to show up as promised. To spite being in work clothes and high heels she and the girls are having a good time, when reesespots her father Eric Riley , one of the no show parents . Eric and Marissa may have an instant attraction to each ther but first impres...more
Alan Nayes
I read this author's last romance, the bestselling LOST IN ITALY, and thoroughly enjoyed it so decided to try one of her other romances, MISTLETOE MISCHIEF. Afterall, it is that time of year, right. I wasn't disappointed and this is from a reader who doesn't read all that many romances. But I loved the ending in LOST IN ITALY so figured she'd write a great ending here. Yes, she has those satisfying endings down! MISTLETOE MISCHIEF is about two divorced single parents who meet during a trip to th...more
Holly Montrose
Feb 23, 2014 Holly Montrose rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of Christmas Romance, Holiday Romance, Romance Novels, Romance Books, Contemporary Romance,
Mistletoe Mischief by Stacey Joy Netzel is a cute wee novella that gives you a little festive romance – at the zoo in July! And I'm all about cramming as much Christmas into the year as I possibly can.

Right from the start, ex-army paramedic, Eric, is simply irresistible. He's handsome, funny, cheeky...and sexy. He's also a doting dad and recently divorced and longs to see more of his daughter, Reese.

Marissa is a single mom, and fine with it being just her and her daughter, Heather. And then Mr....more
Danae Ringsby
Marissa is a single mother of one who wasn't supposed to be at school today with her daughter but due to her sister being on vacation she was the one to take her to school. Figures that the day she is supposed to go into work in heels is the day that the parent volunteers don't show up for the school field trip. In an attempt to educate Heather and Reese on the animals at the Zoo Marissa meets Reese's dad Eric. The attraction between the two of them was like a massive wild fire right off the bat...more
Susan
Nice little Christmas in July novella. Single parent Marissa unexpectedly ends up chaperoning her daughter's class trip to the zoo when some of the other parents don't show up. Part way through the trip another girl's dad shows up, late. Marissa is attracted to him, but believes he is still married to Reece's mother and is put off by his flirting. Eric is also attracted to Marissa and would like to get to know her better. He is confused by her cold attitude toward him.

Both Marissa and Eric have...more
Rhonda
Oct 23, 2012 Rhonda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a fun romantic read!
Mistletoe Mischief is the first book in this series involving the Riley siblings by Stacey Joy Netzel. I just finished reading it and can't wait for the next. This was a fast fun romance. Ms. Netzel managed to make me care about these characters from the beginning. Even the child characters were well developed. The characters touched my heart and I hope they're in the other books of the series.
Amelia
A quick, short Christmassy read that cuts to the chase. The main characters - Marissa and Eric - are adorable together. I wish there was more of their kids in it cos they sounded equally adorable.
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

Mistletoe Mischief is a super short story. It starts off with Marissa at the zoo with her daughter and her class. She was substituting last minute and as the story opens Eric shows up late to be a chaperon. Marissa and Eric's daughters are friends and so they all hang out all day. Marissa is attracted to Eric, but she has a lot of hang up and projects her ex's shortcomings onto him. She is so wishy washy. One minute she is all he is great! The next he is the worst!...more
Judy
Mistletoe Mischief by Stacey Joy Netzel
Romancing Wisconsin Series Book 1
Marissa Wilder loves her daughter, Heather. That love has her at the zoo instead of work today and since it was last minute because of a few no show chaperones she isn’t exactly dressed in zoo apparel. Especially not her high heeled sandals. When one of the chaperones wanders up late she can only compare him to her ex-husband. Even so, she can’t seem to keep her eyes off the handsome man.

Eric Riley would love to have his da...more
Silverana
Mistletoe Mischief opens immediately to the meeting of the main characters, Eric and Marissa. There is an instant, strong reaction between the two along with the wrong impression of each other's marital status. Although one of them quickly realizes the truth, the other continues to get the wrong idea about the personality and the reasons behind the other character's actions. They are continuously put together during the field trip of their daughters at the zoo. The mistletoe is a recurring objec...more
Lisa
Being from Wisconsin myself, when I came across a new series called Romancing Wisconsin I knew it was something I had to check out.

Mistletoe Mischief was a fun twist on the traditional holiday read; the story took place in the summer while the zoo was celebrating Christmas in July. This story still had the feeling of a holiday romance, but there was the added bonus of a campfire and smores which I personally think make any story better...and now I'm craving some. (Think I can dig through the sn...more
Heidi
What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon then to curl up with a short romance that is sugar sweet. The author introduces us to characters that are human with human short comings and emotional hang ups. Where people jump to conclusions and judge people without first walking in their shoes. But once misunderstandings are cleared up and some mistletoe is brought in.. anything can happen!

Marissa, a single mom is roped into chaperoning her daughter's day camp trip when three other parents are no s...more
Rachel

Original review featured here on The One With Rachel's book

Marissa is chaperoning her daughter Heather's class trip to the zoo when she meets Eric, father the Heather's friend Reece: Hello, instant attraction!! Add in some meddling from both Reece and Heather, as well as Santa (also known at Butch), and some well placed mistletoe, and it looks like the zoo visit is just the start of their relationship.
I thought it was a really nicely written, vaguely Christmassy novella (but the Christmassy part...more
Jo-Anne
Mistletoe Mischief is a short, fun read that is about the zoo having a "Christmas in July" day. It could really be read at any time, not just at Christmas.

Marissa was dropping her daughter, Heather, off for a day camp trip to the zoo when she found out that some of the chaperoning parents did not show up. She agreed to go on the trip even though she wasn't dressed for it, in order to not let her daughter down. One of the no-show parents arrives late and Marissa is pretty angry at him because she...more
Tabi34
This was a fun read. I bought the Holiday package - so I have three more to go. It wasn't too sappy as far as romance books go. And it's been awhile since I read one. I forgot how fast you can read these.

Although, I'm not a native of Wisconsin, I've spent plenty of time there. I don't know whether the small city of Pulaski is real or not nor do I need too. It sounds like a charming place to live. In this book, we find out the city has a zoo and that's where are two protagonists meet. It's Chris...more
Kim
Cute story, I just wished there was more to it. There wasn't really any character development that got us from point A to B. I would have liked to see this as a full length novel so we could see the romance develop between Eric and Marissa. (Especially because the interactions between them and their daughters are utterly adorable)
Tam B.
I felt a bit deprived with this book as it was a short and I didn't realise it. I got it as a free read so I'm not feeling outraged over money spent. I'm disappointed because the author created this great meeting and follow up to get the couple on their way to a HEA and then skipped a middle to give us an epilogue featuring the HEA.

The author can obviously write well and I really think should consider going back to these stories and fleshing them out to a full length novel. The couple in this bo...more
Bea
This was a cute little short story about two divorced parents who meet via their daughters and are instantly attracted to each other. Misunderstandings rapidly ensue, which last more than halfway through the story. It's not my favorite trope but Netzel manages it well. All of the characters are enjoyable and the story moves along quickly. Too quickly for me, I didn't like how fast things went and I'd have liked the story better without the epilogue. The story doesn't actually occur in December;...more
Janice Pauc
not a lot of wisconsin in this book. another good it was free book since would not been worth any money. will skim thru the other books that came in this series. maybe they will be better.
Pooja Anand
A quick, sweet read. Though with few editorial errors, it was a quick read that brought a smile on my face. The reactions of the characters seem to be natural.
Pam H
Mar 05, 2014 Pam H rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Pam by: Bookbub
Shelves: hes-hot, amazon, love-him, 1x
Cute story with a single mom, Marissa, who takes her daughter, Heather, to a summer camp outing only to get roped into chaperoning because of other parents no-showing. Eric Riley shows up as one of said parents who happens to be the father of Reese who is Heather's new best friend. He feels an instant attraction but she is giving mixed signals due to her history with her ex. With a little help from Santa, the outing turns into more than a "Christmas in July" event.
Appearance of his brother Mark...more
Maria Bonano
I liked very much the drama and the characters. Hopefully will keep in the series.
Michelle
Fast paced....woo it was fast...cute story.
Caro
I really enjoyed reading this. I was smiling, laughing, a little warmer, and feeling sweet during the whole book. I loved the Santa input and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I loved the characters and the plot. This was well written and pulled me in. I couldn't wait to see what the girls, Santa or Eric had up their sleeves. A fun Christmas romance that's sweet and humorous and short enough for a good snuggle-up read during a busy season. Enjoy!
Rosemary
Fast read. Very lighthearted
Kristi
A fun Christmas-in-July holiday short. If you are looking for snow and other traditional cold-weather holiday delights one would expect of Wisconsin, this one isn't for you. Though the epilogue is set around the holidays. But if a mischievous Mr. and Mrs. Claus working their magic in July sounds up your alley you likely won't be disappointed by anything other than the sort length of this story.
Ashley
3.5 stars. Very cute novella of two divorced parents meeting at a school field trip for their daughters. The entire story takes place across one day, "Christmas in July" at the zoo. A good epilogue advances the plot ahead to the actual Christmas season, while setting up characters for the the next two novellas in the series. Enjoyed it for what it is - a short but sweet romance.
Book Giveaways: Win a Christmas romance books by Stacey Joy Netzel 1 5 Dec 10, 2012 03:03AM
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Silver Bells
  • Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)
  • Holiday Kisses
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Bah, Humbug! (A Christmas Street, #1)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Secret Santa (Bluegrass Series, #3.5)
  • Ice Gods
  • All I Want for Christmas is You (Fate with a Helping Hand, #1)
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas, #3)
  • The Navy Seal's Promise
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • Enchanted
  • Married By Christmas
Wisconsin native Stacey Joy Netzel fell in love with books at a young age, so for her the graduation to writing them was natural. A member of Romance Writers of America (RWA) and Wisconsin Romance Writers (WisRWA), she credits her parents for encouraging her dreams of becoming a published author, as well as the very talented friends she’s made in WisRWA since joining in 2004. Her Christmas antholo...more
More about Stacey Joy Netzel...
Lost In Italy (Italy Intrigue, #1) A Fair to Remember (Welcome to Redemption, #2) Holding Out For a Hero More Than a Kiss Grounds for Change (Welcome to Redemption, #4)