Start by marking “Zoo: The Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Zoo: The Graphic Novel

James Patterson

Zoo: The Graphic Novel

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  310 ratings  ·  41 reviews
The latest graphic novel by renowned author James Patterson leaps off the page and goes straight for the jugular!
Animals the world over are setting their sights on fresh prey - man. Only biologist Jackson Oz has recognized the patterns in an escalating chain of violent attacks by animals against mankind, and these incidents are just the prelude to something far, far more
ebook
Published November 20th 2012 by Yen Press (first published November 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zoo

Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
Wow!
I totally surprised by this graphic novel. It captured the story very well. I probably won't go to a Zoo anytime soon. :)
Mary
I was very disappointed in this book more because of the nudity. The acceptance that stealing an animal from a lab is okay.
Stuart
Fast paced enjoyable read, but reminiscent of other global environmental disaster films and novels. An updated version of "The Day of the Animals".
Jacquline
Cale
This is a very different apocalypse story. A scientist researching animal attacks discovers a tipping point is coming and does his best to head it off, to no avail. The story moves quickly, a bit talk-heavy but very interesting. It ties science, politics, and a bit of romance into one strong story about a world devolving into chaos. The ending is not some fairy tale, but feels like it's true to how things would really play out. There's still hope, but it's humanity that is ultimately its own wor ...more
Artur Coelho
Devo confessar que chegar ao fim deste Zoo foi tarefa árdua. Partindo de uma premissa apocalíptica com algo de absurdo, mas não completamente descabida nas ficções especulativas,descamba numa narrativa entediante, moralista e estereotipada. Fica-se com a sensação que se alguma atenção foi dada à estrutura narrativa tudo o resto, o conteúdo do livro, foi um largo encher de chouriços.

E que ameaça apocalíptica é essa que ameaça o destino manifesto da humanidade? Animais. Todos, do mais orgulhoso le
I absolutely loved this book. Patterson has never really written anything this gritty before. The opening chapters were fabulous. I loved the descriptions of the animals changing into violent creatures. I found the main character of OZ was a little weak and his relationship with Chloe, well lets just say that she could have helped him more since he saved her life. Then the book fast forwards to 5 years later and the world is in absolute chaos being attacked by all animals. It was genius how OZ f ...more
Brenda Asterino
I love books about biotech possibilities and I love it when it is based on facts. More people should read these. I did think the ending was a little weak but maybe that was to reflect the possibility of it not being the end. Worth the read and the pondering.
C.J. Davis
I really enjoyed this graphic novel. It was a fresh take on the apocalypse. The illustrations were captivating, especially the "when animals attack" ones. I cared for the main character and the message was not too preachy.
Mel
This was an interesting adaptation into a graphic novel but overall the drawings were weak and contrasted the complexity of the story. I never read the book and I don't plan to now.
Sarah Hoffman
Fun twist on the end of the world story. Animals begin to attack human (upsetting the food chain) and Oz fights for years to make the story public knowledge. Love the ending.
Paula Spencer
I haven't read the graphic novel but I have read the regular novel. It was a very good and believable story. I will definitely try the graphic version!
Kris Laabs malmberg
I know this book is a little out there but I really enjoyed. Not sure all the science jargon is correct or real but it worked on me. I found myself thinking this could be real!
Donna Bruno
A bit hokey at times but the premise of the story is interesting and in some ways, could be realistic
Kristy
I'm not the biggest fan of graphic novels, but once in awhile one will catch my eye. This one looked interesting, kinda like watching a killer animal movie. I wasn't disapointed either. I found it entertaining and believable, and when the cause of all the animal attacks came to light I thought it interesting and a different spin on usual animal mutations that are in these kind of stories. (Hint: it's not a virus.)

Content Rating: PG-13 LSV ... (L) Some language, including two uses of God's name.
Dianna
Jun 28, 2013 Dianna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: animal lovers, suspense lovers.
Recommended to Dianna by: My mom
Can animals wipe out civialization as we know it??
That is the main question through out this book.
It is a suspenseful and enjoyable book to read.
The only part I was disappointed in was about 3/4th the way thru' and it took a unexpected turn. I though "oh great. this is going to go down hill from here." But,surprising it didn't! It just got better, it tied the first part of the book to the last part of the book together nicely.
If you ever wondered if animals can wipe out civialization, then read
Lyricsninja
i personally found Zoo to be a fun little read with a nice background message (which i wont reiterate due to a giant spoiler alert). but lets make it simple - humans are destroying the planet, and some of the many things we are doing cause the animals to act aggressively to the point of savagery. can we change quickly enough to stop from being wiped off the planet? the only real knock i have is once you hit a certain point, the writing is fast-tracked and careens a little out of control. aka hug ...more
Stewart Tame
Environmental disaster novel of a slightly different sort. A bit too pessimistic for my liking and the justification for the events happening seems a little too far-fetched for my liking. Overall, not bad, but there are much better thrillers out there. I've not read any of Patterson's books and, honestly, this graphic novel doesn't exactly make me eager for more of them.
Terry Biehl
The concept for the book in itself is an interesting one. However I was disappointed with the actual writing and phrasing of the book. It felt like a continual stream of metaphors. The main character was not very likeable in fact I really didn't connect with any of the characters.

I was hoping for much more, but it did pass the time.
Erin Newton
I haven't read the actual Patterson novel that this graphic novel is based but I the graphic novel had lots of adventure, science stuff that wasn't overtly sci-fi, likable characters, and a really interesting plot. I enjoyed the artwork, too. The ending didn't really give any closure, perhaps there is a sequel in the works?
Jane Russo
Different then Patterson's typical crime novel, this is more like his young adult books. Not bad, I liked the concept. Typical ending for his books.

I liked the change from his crime novels which honestly are beginning to sound all the same.
Audrey
I have to admit it took me a while to get into it as it isn't your typical James Patterson style. But the more I read, the more I got interested in the topic at hand. Kind of scary, but also seems very plausible. I really enjoyed it in the end.
Mandie
after reading the actually story and then finding the graphic book it actually made more sense when a)you read and just visualise b) the read the graphic and really see what happened. made The Zoo one of my favourites of james pattersons.
Jackie Hayter
Gripping, so far. Very Wilbur Smith, with a hint of Steven King. I wonder where it is going?

3.5 A good escapist read for a lazy Saturday. Very different to his usual books. A little Stephen King-ish.
Carol
Very hard book to get into. Although I did finish reading because I paid for it, I did not enjoy it. Going to stick with Patterson's Alex Cross, Michael Bennett and Linsey Boxer series.
Kecia Beltz
This is the first graphic novel I've ever read! Only scored as such as I liked the novel much better. So many details are left out in a graphic novel, or this one at least.
Armando
The illustrations are very good but sometimes i got confussed because there was so much going on, I also like graphic novels in color, this is black and white.
Mark Eanes
Interesting premise of worst case scenario environmental catastrophe that kept up a good pace. However, the dialogue was weak and the science was often way off.
Jim
A decent graphic novel, but the story was rather common and drawings weaker than normal (I guess they didn't want the goriness to overpower the reader).
Lisa
This was a great book with an interesting concept. Took a chance on Patterson, graphic novel style. It was a good call.
  • The Best of Ray Bradbury
  • Version 43
  • Shadow of the Queen (Once Upon a Time, #2)
  • Breeder
  • The Bird Box
  • Henni
  • The Visitors: SEASON ONE (Episodes 1-5) (The shocking YA dystopian serial)
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 3
  • The City of Ember: The Graphic Novel
  • Travels of Thelonious (Fog Mound)
  • Malcolm X: A Graphic Biography
  • The Opal Deception: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • Too Good to Be True: The Colossal Book of Urban Legends
  • The Lazarus Pit
  • True Blood, Volume 2: Tainted Love
  • Frankenstein The Graphic Novel: Original Text
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Batgirl, Vol. 1:  Silent Running
Offical US Site
Offical UK Site
Offical James Patterson Young Adult Site
Offical Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series

The subject of a Time magazine feature called, "The Man Who Can't Miss," James Patterson is the bestselling author of the past year, bar none, with more than 16 million books sold in North America alone. In 2007, one of every fifteen hardcover fiction books sold was a Patter
More about James Patterson...
Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross, #2) 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1) The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas