Start by marking “Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink: The Complete Collection” as Want to Read:
Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink: The Complete Collection

Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink: The Complete Collection (Cherry Lips #1–2)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  188 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
From Milk Morinaga, the author of the New York Times bestselling manga Girl Friends!

When the cherry blossoms bloom it means the start of another school year—and for the girls at Sakuraki High, it signals the birth of new dreams, fears, and relationships. In “Even If We’re Not Friends,” Nana and Hitomi have been dear friends since childhood, but when Nana gets into the excl
Published June 4th 2013 by Seven Seas

To ask other readers questions about Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink

Jubilation Lee

Oh my lord, friends, if you feel like drowning in a sea of yuri drama, tears, and panty shots, then have I got a Complete Collection for you.

It’s… it’s shmoopy, for lack of a better term. There’s enough wide-eyed adorableness to keep even the most starved manga-loving romantic happy. Adorable schoolgirl uniforms! Adorable study sessions! Adorable make out scenes! So. Much. Adorableness.

Will Nana be able to date her longtime best friend without anyone finding out? Will Natsuka be able to express
Comicspectrum
Sep 06, 2013 Comicspectrum rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Rating: 4/5 – When the cherry blossoms bloom, love is in the air…

Yaoi manga (stories involving relationships between two men) have been available for some time in the mainstream Western comics market, but it has taken a considerable amount of time for its counterpart – Yuri – to make the same pilgrimage. When I was a humble manga reviewer for another website, I was given a considerable amount of yaoi manga to review. Which I did, even though it really wasn’t my cup of tea (my wife, however, love
Jaylee
Jan 31, 2016 Jaylee rated it it was amazing
My love for Milk Morinaga's work knows no bounds, and this is no exception. She writes ADORABLE yuri manga that is precious, adorable, and fills you with happy heart warm fuzzies. I was outright giggling aloud through most of the book.

The part that makes her work special, though, is that she doesn't just write cute girls in love - she writes real people in real relationships. These characters have super sweet romance, using all the tropes of manga romance, while also discussing how to make a rom
TC
Dec 21, 2015 TC rated it liked it
When I began reading this, I assumed it was a coherent story, but it quickly became clear it was instead a collection of short stories, about students at an all-girls high school, falling in love with each other and learning how to express that love. The stories are all warm, sweet, and mostly innocent.

But they're also frustrating, because they are so short. Some of the characters overlap, but their stories don't. At one point, it looks as if the first few chapters will introduce different chara
Bibliofolie
Feb 06, 2016 Bibliofolie rated it it was ok
Je n'ai pas de mots. C'est avec un avis très mitigé que je ressors de cette lecture pleine de clichés et qui m'a paru très - trop - enfantine. J'attendais quelque chose de moins mièvre, une histoire mettant en scène des personnages avec des réflexions et un cheminement intellectuel plus mature que ce soit sur le sujet de leur orientation sexuelle ou de l'Amour en général. J'ai trouvé le récit parfois éclaté du fait de passages d'une intrigue à l'autre mal marqués. Ainsi c'est un peu déroutant de ...more
NMCannon
Jul 03, 2016 NMCannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
There are other reviews that say all there is to say about this book and they are right. While GIRL FRIENDS focused on the struggle to come to terms with a non-hetero sexuality and embarking on a closeted relationship, KISSES, SIGHS, AND CHERRY BLOSSOM PINK discusses coming out, sexually prejudiced friends, experimentation, normative relationship roles, and the lure of running away. All wrapped up with sailor uniforms and pretty bows in Morinaga's adorable artwork.

AND I FREAKING LOVED EVERY MINU
Ashtray Girl
Jun 16, 2014 Ashtray Girl rated it really liked it
Cute and entertaining, definitely on the softer side of Yuri manga. Recommended (and subsequently lent to me) by a friend. It was a quick read, but I don't regret the decision.

Kat
Jul 10, 2015 Kat rated it liked it
Cute with realistic relationships and an enjoyable art style. Although 50% of the book is mismatched stories about secondary characters.
Isaiah
Aug 24, 2015 Isaiah rated it really liked it
To read a review of this manga go to https://mibookreviews.wordpress.com/

THIS WAS SO CUTE!
Kereesa
Aug 04, 2013 Kereesa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Milk/light Yuri
Recommended to Kereesa by: Jay
An adorable anthology by Milk, who I first discovered through her series Girl Friends: The Complete Collection 1. This anthology deals with a series of characters from the same school, but unconnected to the characters in Girl Friends. Its cute, fluffy, and utterly sweet. Definitely a keeper for those who love the mangakan and her style of yuri.

4/5
Courtney Hancock
Jun 11, 2016 Courtney Hancock rated it it was amazing
Adorable. I love her work.
Susy
Jan 30, 2014 Susy rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing manga! <3
Shannon J.
Nov 04, 2014 Shannon J. rated it really liked it
Shelves: yuri-manga
Good book, very much enjoyed it A mix of short stories and a ongoing romance between two girls, much like Girlfriends.

I do wish some of the shorts were continued. *lol* The Prince story was a RIOT, as was the story about the shy writer and her new girlfriend.

My only complaint would be the lack of chapter title pages & such. It can be hard to tell when one story ends and the next begins.
Miss
Jun 28, 2013 Miss rated it really liked it
wow i am spoilt

today i was chilling at the bookstore with my friend and proclaiming my woes over not knowing who writes good contemporary romance

and then i came home and read this and like

girl, whatchyu talking about??????

you get super adorable realistic stories like this and you want to talk about how hard it is to find romance?

hard out there for a greedy reader

4 stars
Sophie
Jan 30, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed this - super cute art and a super cute story with some serious moments. I especially liked the part where Nana tells Hitomi they're equals and there's no need for them to act out the traditional roles of a heterosexual relationship.

But mostly, it's a really adorable story about adorable girls in love with each other.
Rachel
Sep 05, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute manga. The bond between Nana and Hitomi was so sweet, and they really care about each other. I also really love the story "Kiss, Love, And My Prince" but I wish it had been just a little longer. Anyone who likes cute shoujo ai and yuri should read this.
Nic
Jun 19, 2015 Nic rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, nfnt
The art is so cute! Might be a 3.5, really, but I did like it. You can read my full review at No Flying No Tights.
Amber M. Kestner
Aug 01, 2014 Amber M. Kestner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved the romance in this book made you feel like you were with all the characters such a deep love story between all the friends. I would like to read more of these versions if their were more. I do highly recommend it.
Jul 26, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I can't lie. This was ungodly adorable. If you like blushy girls falling in love with other blushy girls, you'll like it. The characters - particularly Hitomi and Nana - are great. It's sweet fluff of the best kind.
Stephanie
Aug 14, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Another charming collection of yuri (lesbian) manga stories by Morinaga Milk. It's so very refreshing to read a yuri manga aimed at women and deals with actual romance as opposed to hard core 'lesbian' hentai aimed at men.
Avery
I will never get over how cute this anthology is. I love Milk Morinaga's style so much. The art is adorable, and the romance is squeal-worthy. These girls are so gay. So so gay. And I love it.
Stephanie Toogood
Oct 14, 2014 Stephanie Toogood rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another amazing Yuri by Milk Morinaga.
Loved it!
Holly Letson
Holly Letson marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Kay
Kay added it
Jul 21, 2016
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Dook
Dook rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Tyra
Tyra rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
  • Strawberry Panic, Vol. 02 (Strawberry Panic, #2)
  • Citrus, Vol. 1
  • Short-Tempered Melancholic and Other Stories
  • First Love Sisters Vol 1
  • Boy Princess, Volume 2
  • Sakuran
  • Black Rose Alice, Tome 1 (Black Rose Alice #1)
  • Genkaku Picasso, Vol. 3
  • Othello, Volume 1
  • Puella Magi Oriko Magica, Vol. 1 (Puella Magi Oriko Magica, #1)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 7 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #7)
  • Hot Gimmick, Volume 4 (Hot Gimmick Omnibus Edition, #4)
  • Candy Candy, Vol. 8 (Candy Candy, #8)

Cherry Lips (2 books)
  • Cherry Lips, Vol. 1 (Cherry Lips, #1)
  • くちびるためいきさくらいろ 2 [Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo 2]