Start by marking “The Batman Strikes, Volume 3: Duty Calls” as Want to Read:
The Batman Strikes, Volume 3: Duty Calls

The Batman Strikes, Volume 3: Duty Calls (The Batman Strikes #3; issues 11-14 and 16-18)

VILLAINS BEWARE!

No matter how powerful of diabolical the threat, Gotham City's Dark Knight Detective and his unflappable sidekick Batgirl stand ready to foil all of crime's best-laid plans! Not convinced? See for yourself inside this very volume as the Joker, Bane, the Penguin, Catwoman, the Riddler, Clayface and Poison Ivy all take on the Batman and the Girl Wonder in the
Published September 12th 2007 by DC Comics (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Batman Strikes, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Batman Strikes, Volume 3

Cait
Jan 14, 2009 Cait rated it liked it
Recommends it for: completists and fans of the TV show
This book seems to suffer from a sharp drop in quality compared to the first two -- very odd, considering that it appears to be the same creative team!

The first two collections of The Batman Strikes, Crime Time and In Darkest Knight, are both manga-sized and slender; they collect five issues each. This collection, Duty Calls, is a trade paperback collecting seven issues, and it seems like the "usual" size for a comic book trade paperback. I don't know what size the individual issues were printed
Scott Lee
Aug 25, 2012 Scott Lee rated it it was ok
Been a comics guy for years. LOVE Batman. But this was just further evidence of the extraordinary awesomeness of Paul Dini in Batman the Animated Series, the cartoon that not only appealed to kids it nailed Batman as a character that has rarely been equaled even in the comics. This was just kinda sad by comparison.
Ashley Kempkes
Jul 19, 2012 Ashley Kempkes rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Batman fans
I liked that we get to see young Batgirl and Ivy--even if it does seem a little strange to me--seing them so young I mean. I love that the "Joker" get's to ride Batman's car--halarious! Over all it was well written with a good artist as well. It just wasn't my favorite Batman comic.
Tim Sheppard
Mar 28, 2012 Tim Sheppard rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Good quality Batman for kids. I grew up on the Batman tv shows, and have been reading all I can about him. This doesn't seem to be all that revolutionary or groundbreaking, but it works for some good Batman fun, and is appropriate for little ones.
Gavin
Jul 21, 2013 Gavin rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Batman for Kids, based on the newer animated fare, not quite the quality of the Paul Dini series. Serves a purpose, but nothing I'd read again or recommend.
Brian
Mar 24, 2011 Brian rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, kids
another version of Batman...part of the kid-friendly line from DC comics. various characters and origins are updated.
Alissandra D.
Mar 16, 2012 Alissandra D. rated it really liked it
Shelves: awsome
I LOVE BATMAN!!!!!
Erikat
Jun 24, 2012 Erikat rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK.
Christen
Christen rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
George Poulakis
George Poulakis rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Aria Eve
Aria Eve rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2010
Devin Mclaughlin
Devin Mclaughlin rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2016
Deranged Pegasus
Deranged Pegasus rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2014
Ryan Monson
Ryan Monson rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2017
Dave Anderson
Dave Anderson rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2011
Craig
Craig rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2017
Erin
Erin rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2012
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2012
Wendell
Wendell rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Douglas
Douglas rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Richard Gombert
Richard Gombert rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
May 20, 2011
Carter
Carter rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2008
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Christopher Ouellette
Christopher Ouellette rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2010
Harrison Cooper
Harrison Cooper rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013