Teller Of Tales

Teller Of Tales (Teller of Tales #3)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The conclusion to the trilogy of fractured fairy tale collections.
Hardcover
Published by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Teller Of Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teller Of Tales

Shonica
This book had not circulated at my library and was probably going to be withdrawn, but I thought it looked interesting so I took it home. It was wonderful! I thought it was simply collection of fairy tales retold which was really good enough for me, but it was much more. The fairy tales were told within a touching story of a storyteller and a young girl.

In the beginning while still thinking it was a cute collection of stories, I thought that the Emperor's New Clothes was cute. Rumplestiltskin.....more
Earball
Jan 23, 2008 Earball rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone. really. anyone.
Recommended to Earball by: my librarian
Stunningly well crafted book of stories. Or, rather, a novel of two people told through stories, both their own and re-written nursery tales. Layers upon layers, and brilliant writing and twists of language and meaning that had me cocking my head sideways like a dog trying to understand human language.

A marvelous example of a book that, like classic TV cartoons, manages to work for adults and (though I say this without having tested it) children. Highly recommended. I'll definitely be looking f...more
Kelly
An elderly man is ordered to stop reporting on the Emporer's degree of undress and instead write fairy tales. He doesn't know anything about writing fairy tales so enlists the help of a reluctant street-wise girl. She spends her day with him re-telling fairy tales so he can re-write them. Their everyday blends with the once upon a time. The question to ask is do the tales belong to the teller of tales or does teh teller of tales belong to the tales.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Humorous retellings of classic fairy tales told within the context of the story of an old man looking for someone to pass on his ability to hear "voices" that tell him what stories to write. Made me want to read the rest of Brookes' books of fairy tale retellings.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Apr 18, 2014
Shana
Shana marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Talie
Talie marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Tema
Tema marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Jennifer Gilbert
Jennifer Gilbert marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2012
Untold Tales A Is for AARRGH! A Telling of the Tales: Five Stories A Brush with Magic