Start by marking “Storm of Sharks (Wereworld, #5)” as Want to Read:
Storm of Sharks (Wereworld, #5)

Storm of Sharks (Wereworld #5)

4.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  638 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
The epic Wereworld saga continues as Drew Ferran—werewolf, leader of people, and the rightful king of Lyssia—battles the evil Catlords who seek to oppress the kingdom. As the war’s scope widens, Drew and his allies take the fight to the high seas. But just as many terrors await them on the water as on land, with pirates and scoundrels abounding and a host of previously-unk ...more
Published May 21st 2013 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Storm of Sharks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm of Sharks

Suzan
May 18, 2013 Suzan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans
I loved this book! Can't believe the next book will be the last in the series! I've enjoyed this series so much! I love that Hector was getting a redemption in this book but Vincent has to ruin it, I do wonder if Hector will win out in the next book before it's too late and get his redemption after all.
I love a lot of the progressions in this book, couple of events/deaths I wish hadn't happened cause of how much I love the characters but I love the new alliances that have been formed for the wol
♥Jessica, ♥Lady of the Library♥
i wAS IN THE BOOKSTORE AND I SAW THIS BOOK AND I LITERALLY WAS IN TEARS BECAUSE THE SHARK IS HOLDING A SWORD
LOO KAT HIS LIL ARMS
THE EMPLOYEE BROUGHT ME A PAPER CUP OF WATER
I WAS CRYING
I WAS ON THE FLOOR
Beth
Sep 24, 2015 Beth rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better. I have never read about a character more brave, noble and honest than Drew Ferran. I still love Vega the most though and love his relationship with Casper, especially when you find out a little more of their back story. Opal is very much starting to grow on me even though her honour is kind of forced out of her by her bargain with Vega, you get that it was in her all along and I really want to find out more about her. There are way too many characters to ...more
Keven Rivera
Jan 14, 2016 Keven Rivera rated it it was amazing
Saying Storm of Sharks is an excellent book is an understatement. It's complex story is well delivered with the characters putting on a show further emphasizing their evolving character. While the story might get too dark for some it is riveting to say the least. It also continues the trend of cliffhangers that the series has been known well for. Despite this Wereworld's unbelievable ability to make you think about morality is quite impressive even for the series. The story is full of twist and ...more
Joseph
May 21, 2013 Joseph rated it really liked it
Just like the rest in this series, an awesome adventure. I'm sorry to see that the next book is the finale.
Emily
Mar 31, 2014 Emily rated it really liked it
It has been a while since I have read a book in this series so I really appreciated the character list at the beginning. I enjoyed this book but not as much as previous installments.

I recently saw a review of this series that likened it to Games of Thrones and I find I agree with that assessment. There are similarities, even though audiences are likely of different ages. Many of the events in Wereworld are dark and violent with grim outlooks. However, I still find I have hope and I believe that
William Fewox III
Apr 19, 2014 William Fewox III rated it it was amazing
So glad to see Nest of Serpents was a bump in the road.

Storm of Sharks had the series roaring back to life, back to the high it sat on at Shadow of the Hawk. It was a tad rushed, but nothing that deterred me. This review will probably be a bit short, because I honestly don't have that much criticism for it- and going too much into the stuff I like will be giving away major spoilers.

First of all, Hector's story continues to be one of the series' strongest highlights. These moments of sanity he ha
SJH (A Dream of Books)
Jul 28, 2013 SJH (A Dream of Books) rated it really liked it
This is the fifth book in the fantastic Wereworld series by Curtis Jobling and is the penultimate title. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's all over because I've loved it so much. It's going to leave a big void in my reading calendar as I always look forward to each new instalment being published.

The story picks up with Drew still fighting for Lyssia's freedom while his allies are scattered and his enemies closing in. The action packed storyline grabbed me by the throat from the openin
Cealan Wind
Mar 04, 2014 Cealan Wind rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Storm of Sharks

Great wrighting, I found myself done with book after 4 days of non-stop reading. The ending was not the best, it left me with " I kinda want to read the next " where I would have rather left with " wow, this was a great book, " I'm buying the next right away "
Keillan
Aug 26, 2015 Keillan rated it really liked it
Storm of Sharks was storming on the sea! With pirates, blindness, and lots of sea therians, this book deserves an A for Argh! This will make you feel like your a SEAfarer yourself! This was a good read!
Ethan
Sep 26, 2014 Ethan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-stuff
sharks don't rain from clouds - unless there was a typhoon or a tsunami. Count Vega is just cool. (he's on the cover and is a sharklord)
Nathan
Sep 19, 2014 Nathan rated it liked it
I really didn't like that their wasn't as much action as the other books but what is going on in the book. The plot for this book makes a little since because their fighting for a free kingdom and want people to join their side to win the war against the panthers and the lions.
Mad about
Dec 31, 2013 Mad about rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, weres, ya
Waited so long for this and there wasn't enough Vega in it as I thought there'd be but he's finally out for book 5! I knew from previous books what would happen with him and Casper but it's still nice reading about it but I wanted more.
For a YA it's quite gorey but I love the whole world and adventure Jobling has created.

Drew is definitely the deserved King but apart from fighting for what's right he doesn't take the position too seriously so watch this space with him definitely
Erin
Jan 03, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
Again, lacking some depth, but still a good read. Just nothing that had me sitting on the edge of my seat or making me want to read until the story was done. A bit of a let-down after the first 3 books were so intriguing. Fingers crossed #6 will redeem the series.
Robbi Portela
Mar 27, 2015 Robbi Portela rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book!
Chantal
Jun 30, 2013 Chantal rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Fans of this genre and this series will love this instalment, though I found the endless battles and gratuitious violence a bit much. Too much torture and war-mongering and not enough story would be my summation.
Recommended for 13+ for violence.
Zhukan08
Jan 08, 2014 Zhukan08 rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
dddddddddddddddddddddddsssssssdas
Sean
Aug 02, 2013 Sean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Another fantastic instalment in the Wereworld saga. Everything is building to what I'm sure will be an epic final book, can't wait to find out who will live and who will die! Highly recommended for fantasy lovers of all ages.
Lauren Lucas
Sep 20, 2013 Lauren Lucas rated it really liked it
I think Storm of Sharks was a great book. It had lots of energy and excitment. I wish that this series would last forever because I never want it to end. I can't wait for the sixth book!
Jay
Jun 17, 2013 Jay rated it it was amazing
I praise Curtis jobling for keeping the wereworld saga so fresh. cant wait for the last book to come out, it should answer some of the questions that were raised in the saga.
Jdtolbert2003yahoo.com
Not as good as previous books but a must read to keep up on a lot of changes leading into the last book.
Vishaal
Jan 23, 2014 Vishaal rated it it was amazing
The book was extremely thrilling and hard to put down.One of the best books in the series
Kim Heimbuch
Review coming soon once posted at its original destination.
Avery
Nov 04, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Timmy
Timmy rated it really liked it
Satchel
Satchel rated it it was amazing
Rachel Brett
Rachel Brett rated it it was amazing
Tanner Stackhouse
Tanner Stackhouse marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
  • The Nascenza Conspiracy (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #3)
  • Thomas and the Dragon Queen
  • The Pirate's Coin (Sixty-Eight Rooms, #3)
  • Caprion's Wings (The Cat's Eye Chronicles #3.5)
  • Seagulls Don't Eat Pickles (Fish Finelli, #1)
  • A Soldier's Secret: The Incredible True Story of Sarah Edmonds, Civil War Hero
  • Odessa Again
  • Robbie Forester and the Outlaws of Sherwood Street (outlaws of Sherwood Street, #1)
  • Ash Mistry and the World of Darkness (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #3)
  • The Emerald Flame (Warrior Princess #3)
  • Peter and the Kuroneko (War of Contractia, #3)
  • Story's End (Storybound, #2)
  • Dinosaurology
  • Dragon Secrets (OutCast, #2)
  • 11,000 Years Lost
  • Zombie Dawn (Changeling, #5)
  • The Spotted Dog Last Seen
  • The Seven Swords (Otherworld Chronicles, #2)
Curtis Jobling is an author and illustrator based in the UK. Working in publishing and animation he is possibly most (in)famously known as the designer of the BAFTA winning "Bob The Builder", as well as creator of CBeebies "Raa Raa the Noisy Lion" and CBBC's "Frankenstein’s Cat". Early work in animation included model and puppet painting on Wallace & Gromit’s "A Close Shave" and Tim Burton’s " ...more
More about Curtis Jobling...

Wereworld (6 books)
  • Rise of the Wolf (Wereworld, #1)
  • Rage of Lions (Wereworld, #2)
  • Shadow of the Hawk (Wereworld, #3)
  • Nest of Serpents (Wereworld, #4)
  • War of the Werelords (Wereworld, #6)