Original Prayer

Original Prayer

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The Prayer of Jesus, or the Lord's Prayer, is among Christianity's most beloved teachings, a daily devotion practiced by Christians everywhere. If we could travel back in time to the ancient Holy Land-and witness Jesus himself speaking and meditating upon these words-what would we learn? On Original Prayer, acclaimed teacher and author Neil Douglas-Klotz, Ph.D., immerses u...more
Audio CD
Published May 1st 2005 by Sounds True (first published January 1st 2000)

Emily
Apr 23, 2008 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone open
Recommended to Emily by: Me
I looove this beautiful beautiful inspiring (literally, as in living, breeeeathing)set. I wish that many more people would come to this harmony of understandings. Timeless. Wise, warm,and fun! TY for writing and recording this...:OD "I think I'm in love!" GREAT. I tell people about this one.
Elizabeth Perry
Very thought provoking and illuminating with plenty to keep you going back to. I must read or listen to audio book, my preferred for this title, for anyone who is spiritual.
Audrey N
Audrey N marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Ben Furia Means
Ben Furia Means marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Deborah Tostanoski
Deborah Tostanoski marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Mike
Mike added it
Sep 14, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2011
Magic Penny
Magic Penny marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2011
Mark Buckley
Mark Buckley marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2009
Mark Buckley
Mark Buckley marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2009
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2009
Hakima
Hakima added it
May 17, 2008
Neil Douglas-Klotz grew up in a multicultural family. His grandparents (on both sides) were refugees from Europe with German, Jewish, Russian, and Polish blood in their veins. They followed their track to the ethnic neighbourhoods of Chicago, where his parents met and married.
Klotz was raised by Christian parents who were both devout and freethinking. They brought into his early life the impulse t...more
More about Neil Douglas-Klotz...
The Sufi Book of Life: 99 Pathways of the Heart for the Modern Dervish Prayers of the Cosmos: Reflections on the Original Meaning of Jesus's Words The Hidden Gospel: Decoding the Spiritual Message of the Aramaic Jesus Blessings of the Cosmos: Benedictions from the Aramaic Words of Jesus (Book & CD) The Genesis Meditations: A Shared Practice of Peace for Christians, Jews, and Muslims