Start by marking “One Bite Per Night (Scandals with Bite, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Bite Per Night (Scandals with Bite, #2)

One Bite Per Night (Scandals with Bite #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  45 reviews
The Dowager Countess of Morley asks Vincent Tremayne, Lord Vampire of Cornwall, to become guardian of her American granddaughter. Vincent honors the agreement and plans to get his new ward married and off his hands as soon as possible.

When Lydia Price arrives, she soon turns Vincent's gloomy castle upside-down, and he decides he wants Lydia for himself. But if Vincent can
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published August 5th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about One Bite Per Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Bite Per Night

Carmen
May 04, 2015 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Not only did she want Vincent's kisses, she wanted his heart. She did not want or need to go to London to find the man she would love and marry. She'd already found him.

This book was charming and cute, but I preferred Book One in this series, Bite Me, Your Grace.

Vincent Tremayne, Earl of Deveril, is rumored to be a madman. Reclusive and mysterious, he rarely ventures out into Society. But all that changes when 20-year-old American Lydia Price is thrown into his path. Orphaned and alone in the wo
Red Iza
Reviewed for http://theereaderjunkie.wordpress.com

Delightful, once again, I even liked it more than the first !

Angelica was a writer, now the next heroin, Lydia, is a painter. Her parents are dead, she's sent from America to England to meet a family who doesn't want her (her father ran off to marry the woman he loved, not the aristocrat he was intended to) and she finds herself among strangers, the ward of a weird man renowned to be mad...

I really liked Vincent : until he met Lydia - and even so
Joanita

What a sweet read!

I really enjoyed this book, even more than the first.

Lydia was very sweet and I really liked how she had her priorities straight with the luggage she brought with her from America – one suitcase was for her canvases, one for books, and she had another one for her gun collection. A very interesting woman.

Vincent was wonderful, and I loved how he just couldn’t ignore his attraction to Lydia, no matter how hard he tried. The romance between these two was just wonderful to

Farrah
A delightful mix of historical and paranormal romance, One Bite Per Night was a wonderful read. I really liked this book. It was a lovely romance and I really enjoyed reading it.

Lydia was a good heroine, though I'm a bit torn about her. On one hand, I liked that she was strong and independently-minded. She had a unique view on things that brought a lot of freshness to the story. On the other hand, she was waaaaay too impulsive, in a way that often had her getting into stupid (and dangerous) situ
Lover of Romance
Lydia Price, parents who have recently died, and so she goes to England to be with her closest relation, her grandmother...but when she arrives she learns that her grandmother wants nothing to do with her, but hands her over to her new guardian, Vincent Tremayne, the Lord Vampire of Cornwall. Vincent Tremayne, is a lord vampire, and with having to feed every night, enjoys the solitude of the countryside. When he first learns of Lydia he is against being her guardian, but feels obligated. When he ...more
Kathie (katmom)
HAPPY RELEASE DAY!!!

I was very happy to see the second book in the Scandals with Bite series. I read the first one, Bite Me, Your Grace, last year and enjoyed it very much. I had snarky good times while I read it. As an artist myself, I had a great time reading about Lydia's art. Could imagine her paintings very well from the descriptions offered by Ms. Ann.

Vincent agrees to take on the job as Lydia's guardian because her grandmother is horrible. She doesn't want Lydia to over-shadow her "true"
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

This is the second book in Brooklyn Ann’s Scandals with Bite series (after Bite Me, Your Grace, reviewed last week) and I liked this one better than the first. I now have high hopes for book 3, Bite at First Sight, which I have scheduled for next week.

The formula is very similar to the first book, but it has been tweaked just a bit in ways that minimize the number of misunderstandammits and make the characters fit more comfortably, at least for this reader,
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

(I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review).

When Lydia Price's parents die she is sent to England to live with her estranged grandmother, the Dowager Countess of Morley. However, the last thing the Dowager wants is her granddaughter in her life especially when her favourite granddaughter is also coming into Society. She asks and offers payment for Vincent Tremayne, Lord Vampire of Cornwall to take over guardianship. Vincent says yes to save Lydia from her own grand
Karen

I loved last years book and first in the series "Bite Me, Your Grace." It is on the list of my favorite books for 2013. This years follow up book " One Bite Per Night " does not disappoint.
After the death of her parents, Lydia Price is sent to England to live with her grandmother, a dowager countess. Unfortunately, her grandmother wants nothing to do with her as her father committed the great sin of marrying for love instead of title. She disinherited her son and he settled happily in New Orlea
Maria
The second book in the tongue-in-cheek Scandals with Bite series by Brooklyn Ann, who humorously describes her works as “supernatural smut.” But it’s so much more than that. Ann really knows how to tell a story, and a very, very romantic one at that.

Last year, I loved her original and funny Bite Me, Your Grace, but I think I loved this one even more.

Vincent is a hero to love, a beta hero with strength and admirable determination. He’s a vampire with a heart of gold, honorable, extremely kind and
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

While not veering far from the historical romance formula, ONE BITE PER NIGHT still manages to delight the reader with it’s fun heroine, brooding hero, and matchmaking side characters. This is paranormal romance at its finest, with the romance taking center stage, and the paranormal just being one aspect of the story. One may worry that with the combination of historical and paranormal romance, that Ann would do neither well, but instead, she excels at
Cindy
WOW! Can this little ex-mechanic write. I mean really tell a tale. Brooklyn, my dearest friend, has flair and then some. A regency/vampire/love story. And it works.

Orphaned in the Americas, beautiful Lydia Price heads to England to be with the family she has never before met, and will not meet if her Grandmother has anything to say about it. Disapproving of her son's marriage to a woman she did not like causes the Dowager Countess of Morley to call on the mysterious Vincent Tremayne, the Devil
Heather andrews

I loved the idea of taking a historical romance book and adding a paranormal twist to it. The idea made the book refreshing and entertaining. Vincent I loved him right off you could tell he had feelings for Lydia, "she took a deep breath and met his gaze. "My lord, did I do anything to displease you? Is that why you have not spoken to me for so long?" The hurt in her voice nearly undid him, along with the look in her eyes. Vincent was struck by such yearning it was like a blow to the chest." Som
Heather
Vampire and historical romance all in one book!

LOVE LOVE LOVE book 2 in the Scandals with Bite series. I thought the first book was good, but this one was even better. Due to not being able to put this book down I read it in less than a day!

Lydia is the American born daughter of a disowned Earl. After her parents death she is shipped off to her grandmother in England. Sadly, her grandmother does not want her (as her father caused disgrace to the family name for marrying below his status - for lo
Donna
While my taste for sexy times in books is growing, the more traditional bodice rippers have really never done it for me. I like historical fiction and I like sex but that particular time period just isn’t my forte. Worlds of the ancients, yes. Regency era propriety? No. I’m not big on the traditional romance coming out of that time either, like Austen or the Bronte sisters so really, no surprise. It’s all a yawnfest for me, despite the sex.

Until Laura found a hidden gem on NetGalley that I was i
Michele
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

One Bite Per Night has an enchanting blend of genres: historical romance and paranormal romance. I wasn’t quite sure how the two would work together at first, but author Brooklyn Ann did a great job taking the best of both worlds and giving us a new, fresh story with engaging characters.

‘Lydia would remain safe under his care, even from his own kind. His eyes narrowed as he bit his index finger, drawing blood. Especially from his own kind.’

For some, it may seem out of pl
Peggy Martin
Just One Bite?

Another fantastic story by Brooklyn Ann. This is the story of Vincent, Lord Vampire of Cornwall and Lydia his ward sent to England from America after her parents die. He introduces her to Society with the help of Angelica and her husband Ian,The Lord Vampire of London. That is when he realizes he does Not want to marry her off to someone else. He wants her for himself but how can he get her to love him when he feels like he is a Monster himself? You have to read this book it is a b
Rachel
Love Love Love it! Brooklyn Ann creates vivid heroines full of attitude and passion- the only kind of women who can match her vampire love interests! Well thought out world building that melds regency with a vampire underworld, intertwining actual figures from history nicely.
Waiting very impatiently for the third book in the series to drop next month!
kathy kemmerer
Waited awhile for this book worth the wait.

Vincent and Lydia were meant for each. He's such noble man taking care of his charges with the great compassion. Sacrifices his own needs to do what is right. A very good happy ever after. Can't for Brooklyn Ann's next book!!!!!!!
AL
I absolutely enjoyed this book. It's another well written book. Vincent and Lydia's story was nice to read. I missed the innocence of a story. And looks like Rafe have an admirer.. Lady Rosslyn. I hope their book is next.
Cherie
That was a fun read! I liked both Vincent and Lydia right away. This author is a genius when describing scenes and emotions. I was emotionally startled when Lydia's painting of a sunset was described and Vincent, being a vampire and not having seen a sunset or sunrise in centuries, was brought to tears by the depiction. The set-up for the third book is irresistible.

The hero and heroine of book one are the supporting cast. Angelica (book 1) is a writer, Lydia (book2) is a painter and together wit
Joy
This book was great. My two favorite genre's together, paranormal and historical romance. The story was great and I loved both characters.
Mary Jo Burke
Interesting way to pull true life into a vampire story. Love the sewing sisters!
Daneesha
funny, engaging, sexy! a wonderful historical paranormal. they are so rare!
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
One Bite Per Night starts out very good but somehow it gets muddled with too many scenarios like the Siddon Vampire sisters who have their own issues. The story between Lydia and her Grandmother did not quite work for me.
One Bite per night is a good story. However I do think Bite Me Your Grace Bk.1 was a lot better. Ian and Angelica are very much a part of bk 2. Its about a young lady her father was an Earl but he married below himself and went to America, and settled in New Orleans. The Yellow
Marta Cox
I am someone who enjoys reading paranormal romance so have read quite a few vampire stories but this historical based one is certainly different to others out there. It's the story of a young woman Lydia who has grown up in America but when she is left with no family travels back to England to live with her grandmother . Unfortunately her grandmother has never forgiven Lydia's father for marrying beneath him and refuses to have anything to do with Lydia. Many years ago a pact between her family ...more
Tracy T
Very good book! Review to come.

I really enjoyed this book. This is a great vampire historical romance series. I will read the third book next!
Janet Robel
Overall enjoyable! The beginning started out really good, then I lost interest more than halfway through. I just couldn't seem to pick it up after that. Lydia and Vincent had good chemistry together. I also liked the Siddons sisters as well.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 02, 2015 07:55AM
Weekly Romance: 8/17 - One Bite Per Night by Brooklyn Ann 1 2 Aug 17, 2014 07:37PM
  • Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Sons of Kane, #2)
  • In the Heat of the Bite (Regency Vampyre Trilogy, #2)
  • The Magic Between Us (Faerie, #3)
  • What a Lady Craves (The Eton Boys Trilogy, #1)
  • Fangs for Nothing (The Fangover, #2)
  • Bittersweet Magic (The Order, #2)
  • Shadowdance (Darkest London, #4)
  • A Scandal to Remember (The Reckless Brides, #5)
  • Aces Wild (Sin City Collectors #1)
  • The Vampire Viscount (Signet Regency Romance)
  • Caroline and the Duke
  • Tangled Hearts (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • Beauty's Beast
  • The Traitor (Captive Hearts, #2)
  • Trancehack (Magic Born, #1)
  • Once a Rake (The Drakes Rakes, #4)
  • A Kiss of Lies (The Disgraced Lords, #1)

Scandals with Bite (3 books)
  • Bite Me, Your Grace (Scandals with Bite, #1)
  • Bite at First Sight (Scandals with Bite, #3)
Bite Me, Your Grace (Scandals with Bite, #1) Bite at First Sight (Scandals with Bite, #3) Wrenching Fate (Brides of Prophecy, #1) Ironic Sacrifice (Brides of Prophecy, # 2) Kissing Vicious (Hearts of Metal Book 1)