Start by marking “Fierce Peace” as Want to Read:
Fierce Peace

Fierce Peace

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Jessica Snow lost her father when she was only five years old.
Two years later, on a lovely and pleasant May afternoon in the local mall, she leaves her mother, Mary Snow, chatting on her cell phone. Jessica dashes off to purchase a surprise gift of Mother's Day flowers at a store not thirty feet away.

She is gone for seven minutes.

When she returns, her mother has disappeare
Published September 2012 by Sense of Wonder Press

To ask other readers questions about Fierce Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fierce Peace

Cayt Landis
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

I really wanted to like this book but it just didn't do anything for me. I had a hard time finishing it simply because I was not drawn into the characters or the story. The plot is about a young girl and her widowed mother whom are separated and tormented by evil entities. There is also a subplot about a governmental conspiracy, which I actually found more interesting than the main storyline.

There were few things I enjoyed about this book. The telling of t
Katherine
I really enjoyed this book! It’s suspenseful and scary but it’s also a story about survival and a hope for something better. Henryson brings the characters to life and you really care about them. The novel starts with a normal little girl who becomes aware of strange, dangerous people in every-day, “safe” places. And they are definitely aware of her. They always seem to know where she is, where she’s going, and what her weaknesses are. Who are they and why her? Maybe she’s not so “normal” after ...more
Rachel
First, I would like to say thank you to the author and to Goodreads for my copy of "Fierce Peace" which I received through Goodreads First-Reads giveaways.

This is definitely a book not to be "judged by its cover". Normally I wouldn't have picked up this book so I'm thankful to Goodreads First-Reads giveaways for giving me the chance to broaden my literary horizons.

"Fierce Peace" is a story about Jessica Snow and her mother Mary and the battle of "good and evil" that suddenly surrounds them and
Burma Turner
Wow! I won this book in a Goodreads firstreads giveaway. I loved this book. Dean Henryson is now one of my favorite authors!. This is a very well-written suspense novel. The characters are well developed, you really care what happens to them. This is one of those books that when you're not reading it, you're thinking about it and can't wait to continue reading. The cover of this book had nothing to do with what the story was about. I can't wait to see what Dean Henryson's next novel will be. Thi ...more
Dean Henryson
Nov 09, 2012 Dean Henryson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I've read this book about 200 times. And each time, I enjoyed it. I put my blood, sweat, and tears into it, so that others could sit back, relax, and enjoy it as well. It's fast paced because those are the kind of books I like to read. It's got some hair-pulling twists because that's what I like. And it has good people in it, not just bad ones. So climb aboard and get ready for a thrilling ride.

Dean Henryson
Michael
I won a copy of Fierce Peace off of Good Reads but I'm not reviewing it because I feel as if I should out of some obligation. I'm reviewing it because once I opened the envelope and sat down to read it I was hooked.

Dan Henryson has written an engrossing novel with a complex plot that slowly makes sense as the book nears its conclusion. There's a classic Dean Koontz feel throughout and Dean Henryson has certainly used that influence to create something unique and addicting.

You have three main
Karen
*Received a copy of Fierce Peace from a Goodreads giveaway.

Okay, the cover calls this book "a novel of terror". So, my question is where was the terror? I didn't find anything in this book to be terrifying whatsoever. Until I got to the end the book rated high up on the weirdness scale. When I learned the reasons behind the "weird" it wasn't very satisfying. The story was interesting at parts but then would start to drag on and not seem to lead anywhere. I found towards the end that Jessica see
Evgeny
First things first: I need to mention I received this book in Goodreads giveaways.

A seven-year-old girl Jessica suddenly starts seeing dead people. Shortly after this, some of these dead people try to kidnap her a little later. Thus an endless terror starts for Jessica and her mother, Mary. To make matters worse, there is a serial killer with supernatural powers on the loose. Besieged from all sides, their only help is a man who lost his family a long time ago.

On the positive side, the author
Sasha
I have received this book through goodreads first read. I truly enjoyed this book . It was a very Refreshing read. It is fast paced , suspenseful and scary... It had a surprise twist, very good charters that come to life. You begin to look at them as if they were people that lived next door to you. They totally bring you in. It has a wonderful plot. I really liked the way the plot weaved into a truly wonderful story. This book is hard to put down and I highly recommend it to anyone.
First Reads Giveaway
I may be kind of a wimp, but this really was scary! As a mom it's very difficult to read about bad things happening to a sweet little kid.
All of the threads came together very suddenly at the end- I would have liked the author to throw me a bone once in a while so I could feel more involved with the mystery instead of just a witness to a baffling series of events.
Laura Mcgee
Seven year old Jessica starts seeing dead people, whom soon try to kidnap her. Quite terrifying and maddening for Jessica and the reader alike. This book is very suspenseful and has an amazing twist at the end! This is an edge of your seat thrill ride that is VERY hard to put down. I definitely recommend this book.
I won this through the First reads program on Goodreads, thank you!
Patricia Bergman
I received this free from Goodreads giveaway.

This is a tough review for me. On one hand, I liked the book, on the other hand it left me drained. I would recommend this book with a caveat. If you like strange and somewhat scary horror, you would enjoy it. I was a little disappointed with the conclusion.
Parvin
Got caught up in the second subplot that overlays the main plot. Really enjoyed this and wanted more. Spoilers**I love the governmental/secret project aspect of the book and the struggle the project leader has with his commitment to the project** Overall, very well written and great characterization.
Sophia Darling
I received this book from the give-a-ways from this website and I couldn't be happier.

It was a really creepy, yet fun read. I have to admit though, it took me a little longer to read because it gave me weird nightmares, so I had to stop reading. It was awesome.
James
Refreshing read. It had surprise twists, but a good solid character and plot evolution. He reminded me a little bit of Dean Koontz in his early years. Yet different. I want to see his next book, if that's coming out soon…
Emma
When I first started reading this book, I thought: This is too scary, I don't like it, but then I got hooked and could not put the book away.
Echo
Nov 26, 2012 Echo marked it as to-read
Won in Goodreads First Reads giveaway contest. Received on Mon, Dec 31 2012. TO REVIEW.
SNP
SNP marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Hhkk Jui
Hhkk Jui marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Max Ban
Max Ban marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Kenya
Kenya marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Sabrina Green
Sabrina Green marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Damiano Cilenti
Damiano Cilenti marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Kim Rox
Kim Rox marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Kerry Anderson
Kerry Anderson marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Clara Madej
Clara Madej marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Paranormal and Ho...: New release: FIERCE PEACE 3 51 Jan 08, 2013 06:41PM
  • Lost Angel Walkabout: One Traveler's Tales
  • Burned Bridges (The Crossing #1)
  • Pale Horses (Jade de Jong, #4)
  • The Northern Star: The Beginning
  • Touch of Fate
  • American Ghoul
  • The Devil You Know
  • The Watcher
  • The Wanderers
  • Dark Heirloom (An Ema Marx Novel, #1)
  • L'imperatore del mondo vol.1: Il filantropo
  • A Kiss from Krampus
  • Pure Healing (Pure Ones, #1)
  • Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)
  • The Sword of Angels (The Bronze Knight, #3)
  • Dark Discoveries - Issue #28
  • The Celestial Selenite Scry (The Moon God Trilogy, #1)
  • When the Turaco Calls
6203925
My latest horror/thriller novel has just been released, IMAGINARY DARKNESS. Check it out at Amazon.com. My popular novel, A LOVE IN DARKNESS, is also still available.

I was born and raised in California. I was a physics major in undergrad until I learned that my heart was more with people than equations. I provide counseling to families and children in Los Angeles County. I also worked as a foster
More about Dean Henryson...
A LOVE IN DARKNESS Girl Fighting Exposed Imaginary Darkness Be Yourself