Revealed (House of Night, #11)
read excerpt* *Different edition

Revealed (House of Night #11)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  9,413 ratings  ·  1,021 reviews
The spellbinding eleventh and penultimate installment in the #1 New York Times bestselling vampyre series

Drastically altered after her fall at the end of Hidden, Neferet is now more dangerous than ever—and her quest for vengeance will wreak havoc on humans, as well as Zoey and her friends. Chaos is loosed in Tulsa and the House of Night is blamed. Can Zoey stop Neferet in...more
Published October 15th 2013 by Atom (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revealed

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
239th out of 2,476 books — 12,489 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothGame. Set. Match. by Jennifer IacopelliClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Elite by Kiera CassThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2013
7th out of 500 books — 218 voters

More lists with this book...

Mitch
Ok, I'll confess, there's just something masochistically gratifying about watching a previously terrible series death spiral into something with which mere words alone cannot do justice. At this point, it's common knowledge House of Night has never been good, what with its vapid writing, pathetic plotting, and super special heroine who comes with a way too unhealthy dose of double standards and hypocrisy, but with these last few entries, I honestly don't think the Casts even care anymore about t...more
Amanda
May 10, 2014 Amanda added it
Shelves: i-own, series
**Update finally bought It took me long enough lol 20% of at Target

I hate reading comments where people are all like "we want the main character to die", "the series needs to end" seriously yeah you have a right to your own opinions but sheesh if you hate or dislike, loath, the series DON'T READ THEM then!!! I don't care that you don't like it, I do. I may agree on some aspects but I still realize others like them.
Samantha
The most entertaining part of this series has always been and will always be the reactions of twelve year old girls who complain about us "haters" and demand that we stop reading their series if we don't like it.

(view spoiler)...more
Inge
Le spoiler alert

I think I’m getting too old for House of Night. That, and the fact that there has been no obvious plot for the last couple books. This is the penultimate instalment and I still feel, as I have been feeling for several books, that the story could have easily been told in 6 books instead of 12. Yet, the authors keep milking this stuff for all it’s worth, and I, being a daft cow, keep reading it. Because I want to know how it ends. Oh, how I desperately wish for it to end right now....more
Ta§chima Cullen
Jul 01, 2013 Ta§chima Cullen marked it as to-read
House... of... Night... Sounds vaguely familiar...

description

WAIT A HOT SECOND, THIS SERIES IS STILL GOING ON? SERIOUSLY? Can I get a collective eye roll?

Steph And Dani {A Walk on Words}
Oh there's only going to be 12 books not 15? Why is it that I feel absolutely no relief?

Once upon a time, I loved House of Night. Say, for the first two books maybe. I feel like after that its just been a downward spiral. Broken down:

Books 1+2 = LOVE!

Books 3+4 = Liked and hoping it'll get back to the quality of the first few books

Book 5 = UHHHHH OK *crosses fingers :/*...

Book 6-10 = Is it just me or have I been reading the same story with the words rearranged 5 times?

I've lost hope ok? I just...more
Cassidy
Jan 11, 2013 Cassidy marked it as to-read
Yeah, I understand people want this series to end. Yeah, I was one of them in the beginning. Yeah, the first couple books weren't so great, BUT the plot was strong, solid, which helped. The writing has become less annoying and childish and that makes a book better in quality. It doesn't matter how many books are in the story as long there is a solid plot line that isn't completely random. Can't people just enjoy a story because it's a story and not because it should end?
In my opinion, stories ne...more
Cas
Post Reading
Nope, not doing this. Alright just this little point: Neferet's past was revealed...which already was in her novella. [Basically, the novella was a waste of time.]
On another note, Zoey was Zoey, only with more "meanness". *rolls eyes*

All in all: 1 out of 5 stars. It was a filler like the last one and the action happened in the last few chapters, like any other HON novel.

Pre Reading
I have already read books 1-10...so I might as well finish Revealed and...Redeemed, was it?

Though, I am...more
♏argot  (The Bookworm Experiment)
This review also appears on my blog, The Bookworm Experiment.

Rating: 2 stars

I know this is random and has nothing to do with the actual plot, but still... What's up with these covers? :P

Hidden: Zoey's face is, for the first time, fully revealed.

Revealed: Zoey's face (or is that Neferet's?) is hidden.

My thoughts about the series

I'm not sure if I should even bother writing a review for this, since I'll probably end up just ranting, but I guess I could say a little something about what happened in...more
Patricia BookExhibitionism

Why.

* * *

I've finished this.. monstrosity. And.. I just don't know what to say? Because, those books? They don't change. They continue to suck so badly, nothing I could say hasn't been said before. (Most likely by me, too.)

There was one single improvement: No True Blood reference that messed up the timeline. Only problem? Instead we got a Django Unchained mention that did the job just as well.

Even worse, now not only Zoey refers to all her classmates and friends as "kids" and "the children", St...more
Keysha
May 25, 2013 Keysha marked it as to-read
Okay so you all know what. I dont want to read all your complaining about how the series just needs to end. It is a great series with a greaat plot and it takes a great author to keep a series with this much action going for this many books. This was the series that got me into reading. And I am still a fan to this day. P.C. Cast is an amazing writer and even if you havent been a fan of the rest of the series, dont trash the book beforeit even comes out. Thats just tude and makes you all seem ex...more
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
2.5 ★'s

My Thoughts:

✦ This didn't read like a next to last book. I really was thinking things would start wrapping up!

✦ "Gihugic" - really?

✦ More deaths...why am I surprised? And the part with Dallas? Shocking!

✦ Aurox drunk was just a little bit funny.

description

✦ To be fair, I do enjoy the characters...I just wish things would move along. It just seems like the same ol', same ol' and nothing is progressing. Bad guys are NEVER defeated and Zoey cannot be with just ONE guy.

✦ I'm dying to know how this w...more
Hayden Casey
This great cover is hiding awfully mediocre words.

The series could've progressed easily from the last book, HIDDEN, to the next, REDEEMED, without this in between. I'm crossing my fingers that PC discovers herself before she screws up the last installment in the series, because I've invested far too much of my time in this franchise to leave disappointed.
Aisling
Oct 23, 2012 Aisling marked it as to-read
Oh for Pete's sake, is this the last FUCKING one yet??
Stacia (out of inspiration)
Everyone else has abandoned ship. Yet here I am.

2.5 stars. I don't even have an "in my defense" argument. I know these books suck hard for so many reasons - whether it's the lame speak, the immature behavior, the characters who fail to use their brains, or horrific stereotypes being reinforced..

BUT I still think the adventures are fun. This is why I keep reading.

AND the writing has mellowed out quite a bit. The "eye roll to page count" ratio has dropped significantly over the past couple of boo...more
KShade
Can't wait until this book comes out! Hidden was amazing. I don't get why people hate on this series so much, but I love it, myself. I cannot wait. Was there anyone else doing some serious what-the-hell-ing throughout Hidden, when it came to Erin and Nicole and not to mention when Neferet looked in the mirror. Neferet's Curse is going to be fascinating.
Natalia
I really want the continuation. I have read this series twice because I stopped somewhere on book 8 for too long and when I decided to come back to it I had to refresh my memory. The series is not repetitive. And is amazingly creative although I wish the goddess would intervene more. Nevertheless those who are complaining obviously don't like the series enough and/or are lazy readers. I wish almost all book series lasted this long.
Lorna
Oct 24, 2012 Lorna marked it as to-read
For me i used to LOVE this series and count down the days it came out. Now I just cant wait for it to be over. Seems to be dragging on. Maybe this one will bring me some hope for the series.
Wafou6
Mar 07, 2013 Wafou6 marked it as to-read
Ok so I'm one of those readers that love to read series novels, and I have many..i stopped reading for a while even though the next book of whatever series i have have been already out, but the first one i went to buy when I decided to read again was the house of night because it was my all-time favorite and i love the story itself that i get anxious to have the next book as soon as I'm finished reading the current one (i know I'm not the only one ;)) The authors allow the series to grow along w...more
Yasaman
Aug 13, 2014 Yasaman marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
When I started reading this series, I didn't want it to end. Never. Now I think it's okay and I'm happy that there are two more books about Zoey and her friends. I will miss them and I hope you find a good end where you think: "Ok. I think this is an ending and I can go on with my real life." without hanging on the story and crying that it's over. Your fans trust in your talent! I am sure you will find a good ending, so everyone is happy. :)
Greatings from Germany. Oh and I have a signature of yo...more
Randa
I don't ever want this series to end! I don't understand why everyone wants this to be the last book. This is such a great series, cute characters, love and mystery and mythology all wrapped into one. Of course I'm excited to see how it ends, but I don't want that to happen for a LONG time.
Chloe
Oct 09, 2013 Chloe marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Nobody.
WARNING: 'May' contain ranting related to what is known as the House of Night series.

The House of Night is releasing another book? *hides*

*peers from hiding place* Oh, it's the eleventh one? Meaning only another one after this? Best news I've heard all day! *jumps out*

Not joking.

The House of Night, for me, started out as a great series. The first one being the best, and then it still being quite good, until it reached Untamed. Untamed was good, but for me, that was when things went downhill. Slo...more
Monica Flatley
I kind of lost my love for the series around Tempted, but I actually enjoyed the last one.
I just hope that Zoey realizes how great she and Stark are together, and won't ruin it because of Aurox/Heath. Honestly, I never really liked Heath all that much, and I feel like if Zoey and Stark don't end up together, I will have continued the series for nothing. Because that's honestly my only reason for continuing... Well, that and Damien, because I love him :D
But everyone else is saying that this seri...more
Andrea Lin
Nov 11, 2012 Andrea Lin marked it as to-read
Shelves: vampires
I love this series a lot... and i can't wait to read this book, but i hate that they keep dragging on and on and on... seriously... this is reaching my limit. and to think there is a 12 book. Not to be mean or anything, I really want to read it, I seriously think this series is freaking awesome, but i just can't stand it. Just end it already!!!
Sofie Hansen
Please keep these amazing books coming, they are the Best books ever written, i absolutely adore the carectors and i just want the books to keep coming until the Day i die! I hate however that there is going to be made movies over the books, i Think it Will ruin the charm of the carectors and places a bit. Btw i can't stand neferet, please kill her already, i utterly hate her.
COVER REVEAL...OF 'REVEALED'.

Isn't it just beautiful?
WHY, REVEALED? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO DAMN PRETTY? -superficial-
Lex (Fastidious Reader)
This is the second to the last book, right?! Yes!!! The end is near! >:D
Charli
So many people complain that this series is waaay to long. But I bet if you asked them there would be a series they have read where they wishes it was longer. That there was more to the story, they probably have ideas in which the author could make it longer. P.C Cast and Kristin Cast have made a beautiful series that can open the eyes of many. They talk about a goddess not many think about and the very possibility of goddesses. They make us want to believe in magic, in something that is amazing...more
Alejandra (Lost at Hogwarts)
Haven't even read Hidden yet but I know I'm going to love this one! I really like this series and I'm not sure why so many people hate it. Sure, Zoey is a slut but you have to take into consideration the other characters (Stevie Rae & Rephaim)!
Catherine Ford
This book exceeded my expectations. Yes, it was worse than I expected it to be! From the prologue I was annoyed, because the prologue was the epilogue of Hidden, with a bit more detail and a part tacked onto the end. The book itself was badly written, badly executed, and just plain bad unfortunately. There was no plot to the book, the dialogue was horrible, the character development was non existant. I am tired of Zoey always been stuck in a love triangle, which serves no point at all.

I really...more
Who else really likes Kalona? 4 16 Aug 26, 2014 09:42AM
Stark or Aurox/Heath 12 53 Aug 12, 2014 03:10PM
Guilty Pleasure Read 6 30 Jun 01, 2014 09:37AM
<3 House of Ni...: reading buddy???? 4 21 Apr 22, 2014 09:25AM
Who hopes Neferet wins? 19 54 Apr 18, 2014 02:32PM
Zoey 13 43 Mar 25, 2014 06:13AM
shoot yourself in the foot... 10 51 Mar 24, 2014 04:30AM
  • Thirst No. 5: The Sacred Veil (Thirst, #5)
  • Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14)
  • Horizon (The Soul Seekers, #4)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)
  • Strange Fate (Night World, #10)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
  • Snakeroot (Nightshade Legacy, #1)
  • The Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
  • Forsaken (The Fallen, #4)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • Full Moon Kisses (Full Moon, #3)
  • Illusion (Chronicles of Nick, #5)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
P.C. Cast was born in the Midwestern United States, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. With her tour in the USAF completed, she taught high school for 15 years before retirin...more
More about P.C. Cast...
Marked (House of Night #1) Betrayed (House of Night #2) Untamed (House of Night #4) Chosen (House of Night #3) Hunted (House of Night, #5)

“People suck. They do stupid things and they're not nice. The end.” 9 likes
“Daughter, that's life: messy, confusing, heartbreaking, but wonderful.” 8 likes