Nocover-blank-133x176
A Court of Thorns and ...

Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  29 reviews
For Feyre, the downfall of her merchant-class family into poverty wasn’t easy, but after five years, she’s starting to get the hang of things. Hunt, and her family lives; fail to catch anything, and they starve. It doesn’t help that her two older sisters are lazy and ungrateful, or that her father hasn’t bothered to recover from his misfortune, but Feyre is managing.

All th...more
Hardcover
Expected publication: 2015 by Bloomsbury Children's

Winter by Marissa MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareHeartless by Marissa MeyerUntitled by Rick RiordanUntitled by Maggie Stiefvater
YA Novels of 2015
7th out of 278 books — 375 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerThe Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
Most Exciting Upcoming YA Books
60th out of 383 books — 9,689 voters

More lists with this book...

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
Beauty and the Beast?
The Iron Fey series?
Perfection?
HALLELUJUH MY SENORITAS! :'D
Addie R.
Nov 05, 2012 Addie R. marked it as to-read
Beauty and the Beast Retelling & Sarah J. Maas??

Mel

HOLY SWEETNESS!!

*DRAMATIC FAINT*
Vi Vi
May 18, 2013 Vi Vi marked it as to-read
A Court of Thorns and Roses.....A Song of Ice and Fire. Come on. This book can stand on its own without publishers desperately trying to steal from bigger fantasy series. It's embarrassing and the author deserves better.
Sandra
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The amazing, beautiful, genius author of Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight has a new book coming out!!! And it has a title - Mortal!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not only has Sarah J.Maas written it, and it's a BRAND NEW SERIES/trilogy, but it is a FAIRYTALE-RETELLING!!!

Of what?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Can you guess? Do you know?

Beauty and the beast!

I'll let that sink in for a minute.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!

Publication date?
2015?!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You can check the synopsis by clicking here - Mortal.
P.S - Book 3 in the Throne of Glass series has a sy...more
Kilikina
Always hoped she would release this, so glad she decided too!
Cannot wait, cannot wait, cannot wait!
Elisabeth Wheatley
Ooh, I like the sound of this one! Girl saves the guy? Oh, yeah! Plus, it's by Sarah J. Maas. What more do I need to know?
Valeria Andrea
The Beauty & the Beast? Well, duh, of course I know it.
I love the original story & as Disney re-tellings go, this is my favorite (Specially when they dance!!)

& Sarah Mass is writing a retelling about it(!) *insert all kinds of fandom here*

But, erm..., Tamlin?
East of the Sun, West of the Moon?

Why, yes, of course I checked those two already, since I loved Throne of Glass & love The Beauty & the Beast, I want my body to be ready for whatever this book may contain, even if it wi...more
Chyna
Jul 11, 2013 Chyna marked it as to-read
Oh my stars! Is this another awesome book written by Sarah J. Mass???? Why 2015??? I might suffer another apocalypse gaaaaah! Please make time go fasteeeeeer! OMG! I just want to say how I love Sarah J. Mass. She's the prettiest and most talented writer I have ever seen. I would so do anything for her autograph! Please visit us in the Philippines!

Please make time go faster!!!! *Relax chyna*

Breathe, Breathe, Breathe....(I die)

Is anyone having the same reaction as I am? *Breathe Chyna*

I am gonna g...more
Stella  ☢FAYZ☢ Chen
Sep 15, 2013 Stella ☢FAYZ☢ Chen marked it as to-read
A retelling of ”Beauty and the Beast,” “Tam-Lin,” and ”East of the Sun, West of the Moon,”

Sarah, you've got me. You figured out the exact story I want to read.
Carmen
Nov 18, 2012 Carmen marked it as to-read
THIS. SOUNDS. KICK. ASS. AWESOME. Fairy tales and Sarah Maas= Probably the most amazing thing I will probably ever read. I MUST, I MUST GET MY HANDS ON THIS BOOK.
Kim
Jan 08, 2014 Kim marked it as wishlist
I don't need to read what this is about, it's by Sarah J. Maas and that's all I need to know.
Daisy
Apr 10, 2014 Daisy marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015, read-asap
A book about a beauty and a beast?

Well this will be me when I get the book

photo tumblr_m8iukt6QII1rdxaq4o1_400_zpscf8f5183.jpg

Omg 2015 hurry up!!!!!

I'll just be here until it comes out

photo images43Q1Q00X_zps6ef01cc3.jpg
Nemo (the Moonlight Library)
I wasn't a huge fan of Throne of Glass because Celeana didn't show any assassin skills whatsoever and was far too concerned with her own beauty, but even if Maas writes Feyre the exact same way I think I could like this.
Mary
Holy Muffins this sounds REALLY interesting! I have to read this! I mean there are Fey in this!!!!!!!!!! And it's part Beauty in the Beast retelling? AWESOME
Claudia B.
Nov 19, 2013 Claudia B. marked it as to-read
That great moment when you find out that one of your favorite authors is planning a new series ^o^

Becky
Aug 16, 2013 Becky marked it as to-read
2015?????are you kidding?
Hmr28
Aug 26, 2013 Hmr28 marked it as to-read
Um.....2015, really?
Bipasha{is the designer of her own catastrophe}
I CANNOT EVEN...EAST OF THE SUN AND WEST OF THE MOON IS ON EOF MY FAVE FAIRYTALES BECAUSE, WELL, BECAUSE THE GIRL DOES THE KNIGHT-IN-SHINING-ARMOUR-SAVING, I'VE ALWAYS WANTED IT TO BE A DISNEY ANIMATED MOVIE BUT THIS, THIS IS FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! AND TAMLIN. WELL, I HARBOUR A INAPPROPRIATE LOVE OF ROSES, AND TAMLIN, WELL...
CAN I JUST SAY- I LOVE IT!!!! I HAD TO---(ITS INTERSPERSED BUT PEOPLE WHO KNOW IT, WILL KNOW IT;)

OBVIO, I ALREADY SHIP THEM. REAL HARD.

At first he changed all in her arms
Into...more
Melissa Hammack
Mar 22, 2014 Melissa Hammack marked it as to-read
Oh my god oh my god oh my god

I CANNOT WAIT OH MY GOD
Chloë
Feb 20, 2014 Chloë marked it as to-read
I need more of Sarah J Maas's writing in my life. 2015 will be a happy year for dual releases of ToG and this...

Also can we just take a look at the genres and blurb... Fantasy. Fairytale Re-telling. Beauty and the Beast. East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

My goodness. How is it possible for a book to sounds this good?!

Edit: 20/02/2014 still can't wait.. the need I feel for this book and the rest of the TOG series is on a whole other level compared to most other books.
Riv
Oct 30, 2013 Riv marked it as to-read
The premise sounds interesting, even though the summary sounds cliche at the same time. But Throne of Glass also had a cliche summary, and i would sell my soul to get all of those books in my hands rightthismoment.
Meli
Jun 24, 2013 Meli marked it as to-read
Oh my cod. All three of my favorite fairy tales retold in ONE BOOK. This is either going to be amazing or suck.

(All three fairy tales are themselves different retellings of the myth of Cupid and Psyche though..)
Elaney
Jun 04, 2013 Elaney marked it as to-read
Oooooh! Another retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon! Yay! *does happy dance*

Is it just me or does it seem like there have been a lot of retellings of this particular fairy tale lately?
Isabella Iversen
Nov 10, 2013 Isabella Iversen marked it as to-read
I am not sure what I think of this just yet.. We've seen this story before. But because it's Maas, I don't think we've really seen it before... HAND IT OVER!!!
Eunice Biblioceraptor
Tam-lin crossed with Beauty and the Beast with hot fey guys and chicks that hunt?
omg my body is ready
Gabrielle - Clebastian 4ever
i think the main character in this is blonde...
thats kinda gonna confuse me!

Cassie
May 18, 2013 Cassie marked it as to-read
I AM SO STOKED! I need this book. Now. <3
The Not-So Austen...: Mortal by Sarah J. Maas 3 18 Jan 05, 2014 12:23PM
  • The Orphan Queen
  • Heartless
  • The Cage (The Cage, #1)
  • Illuminae
  • Winterspell
  • Glass Arrow
  • Talon (Talon, #1)
  • The Last Time We Say Goodbye
  • The Red Queen
  • The Stars Never Rise (Untitled Series, #1)
  • Untitled (The Goldscryer Saga, #1)
  • Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club (Lady Helen #1)
  • Tell the Wind and Fire
  • Monstrous
  • The Fill-In Boyfriend
  • I Was Here
  • Blood and Salt
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1)
Sarah J. Maas lives in Southern California, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much coffee, and watches absolutely rubbish TV shows. When she's not busy writing YA fantasy novels, she can be found exploring the California coastline.

Her debut YA epic fantasy novel, THRONE OF GLASS, will b...more
More about Sarah J. Maas...
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1) The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3) The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)