Blank-133x176
A Court of Thorns and ...

Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  46 reviews
For Feyre, the downfall of her merchant-class family into poverty wasn’t easy, but after five years, she’s starting to get the hang of things. Hunt, and her family lives; fail to catch anything, and they starve. It doesn’t help that her two older sisters are lazy and ungrateful, or that her father hasn’t bothered to recover from his misfortune, but Feyre is managing.

All th...more
Hardcover
Expected publication: May 5th 2015 by Bloomsbury Children's

To ask other readers questions about A Court of Thorns and Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Court of Thorns and Roses

Winter by Marissa MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareHeartless by Marissa MeyerUntitled by Rick RiordanUntitled by Sarah J. Maas
YA Novels of 2015
6th out of 467 books — 1,016 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Ruby Circle by Richelle MeadUntitled by Susan Ee
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2015
6th out of 254 books — 988 voters

More lists with this book...

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
Beauty and the Beast?
The Iron Fey series?
Perfection?
HALLELUJUH MY SENORITAS! :'D
Addie R.
Aug 19, 2014 Addie R. marked it as to-read
Beauty and the Beast Retelling & Sarah J. Maas??

Mel

HOLY SWEETNESS!!

*DRAMATIC FAINT*
Sandra
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The amazing, beautiful, genius author of Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight has a new book coming out!!! And it has a title - Mortal!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not only has Sarah J.Maas written it, and it's a BRAND NEW SERIES/trilogy, but it is a FAIRYTALE-RETELLING!!!

Of what?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Can you guess? Do you know?

Beauty and the beast!

I'll let that sink in for a minute.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!

Publication date?
2015?!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You can check the synopsis by clicking here - Mortal.
P.S - Book 3 in the Throne of Glass series has a sy...more
Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}
I CANNOT EVEN...EAST OF THE SUN AND WEST OF THE MOON IS ON EOF MY FAVE FAIRYTALES BECAUSE, WELL, BECAUSE THE GIRL DOES THE KNIGHT-IN-SHINING-ARMOUR-SAVING, I'VE ALWAYS WANTED IT TO BE A DISNEY ANIMATED MOVIE BUT THIS, THIS IS FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! AND TAMLIN. WELL, I HARBOUR A INAPPROPRIATE LOVE OF ROSES, AND TAMLIN, WELL...
CAN I JUST SAY- I LOVE IT!!!! I HAD TO---(ITS INTERSPERSED BUT PEOPLE WHO KNOW IT, WILL KNOW IT;)

OBVIO, I ALREADY SHIP THEM. REAL HARD.

At first he changed all in her arms
Into...more
Vi Vi
May 18, 2013 Vi Vi marked it as to-read
A Court of Thorns and Roses.....A Song of Ice and Fire. Come on. This book can stand on its own without publishers desperately trying to steal from bigger fantasy series. It's embarrassing and the author deserves better.
Daisy
Apr 10, 2014 Daisy marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015, read-asap
A book about a beauty and a beast?

Well this will be me when I get the book

photo tumblr_m8iukt6QII1rdxaq4o1_400_zpscf8f5183.jpg

Omg 2015 hurry up!!!!!

I'll just be here until it comes out

photo images43Q1Q00X_zps6ef01cc3.jpg
Lyanna Robyn
Jun 22, 2014 Lyanna Robyn marked it as to-read
WOW WOW WOW WOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOW I NEED THIS LIKE RIGHT NOW

Want to be updated on everything Throne of Glass?
Visit the Throne of Glass fansite!
Elisabeth Wheatley
Ooh, I like the sound of this one! Girl saves the guy? Oh, yeah! Plus, it's by Sarah J. Maas. What more do I need to know?
Kilikina
Always hoped she would release this, so glad she decided too!
Cannot wait, cannot wait, cannot wait!
Valeria Andrea
The Beauty & the Beast? Well, duh, of course I know it.
I love the original story & as Disney re-tellings go, this is my favorite (Specially when they dance!!)

& Sarah Mass is writing a retelling about it(!) *insert all kinds of fandom here*

But, erm..., Tamlin?
East of the Sun, West of the Moon?

Why, yes, of course I checked those two already, since I loved Throne of Glass & love The Beauty & the Beast, I want my body to be ready for whatever this book may contain, even if it wi...more
Carla *Jen7waters*
OMG a retelling of Beauty and the Beast AND East of the Sun, West of the Moon ???

(Just no love triangle please!!)
Chyna
Jul 11, 2013 Chyna marked it as to-read
Oh my stars! Is this another awesome book written by Sarah J. Mass???? Why 2015??? I might suffer another apocalypse gaaaaah! Please make time go fasteeeeeer! OMG! I just want to say how I love Sarah J. Mass. She's the prettiest and most talented writer I have ever seen. I would so do anything for her autograph! Please visit us in the Philippines!

Please make time go faster!!!! *Relax chyna*

Breathe, Breathe, Breathe....(I die)

Is anyone having the same reaction as I am? *Breathe Chyna*

I am gonna g...more
Stella  ☢FAYZ☢ Chen
Sep 15, 2013 Stella ☢FAYZ☢ Chen marked it as to-read
A retelling of ”Beauty and the Beast,” “Tam-Lin,” and ”East of the Sun, West of the Moon,”

Sarah, you've got me. You figured out the exact story I want to read.
Carmen
Nov 18, 2012 Carmen marked it as to-read
THIS. SOUNDS. KICK. ASS. AWESOME. Fairy tales and Sarah Maas= Probably the most amazing thing I will probably ever read. I MUST, I MUST GET MY HANDS ON THIS BOOK.
Kim
May 21, 2014 Kim marked it as must-have-upcoming-release
Shelves: coverless
I don't need to read what this is about, it's by Sarah J. Maas and that's all I need to know.
Sandra
THIS IS A "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST" RETELLING

WRITTEN BY SARAH J. MAAS

MAY. 2015.

TOO. MUCH. TIME

Little
Aug 19, 2014 Little marked it as gimme-gimme-now
Is it... is it.. What I think it is?

A FUCKING RETELLING OF BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. And EAST OF THE SUN AND WEST OF THE MOON. AND A FREAKING TALIN!

Written by: Sarah J Maas. I REPEAT. SARAH J MASS.
Who, apparently, was the one who had written the Throne of Glass series. *wink* *wink*

Recipe for creating cannibalistic, vicious fangirls:

badass monsters + hot faerie king + struggling female heroine + forest + kidnapping that turns into romance + dark curse.

Stir them altogether. And simply splash them
Taha
Jul 29, 2014 Taha marked it as to-read
WOW A BEAUTY AND THE BEAST RETELLING??!! IT.GOING.TO.BE.AMAZING!!

Nemo (the Moonlight Library)
I wasn't a huge fan of Throne of Glass because Celeana didn't show any assassin skills whatsoever and was far too concerned with her own beauty, but even if Maas writes Feyre the exact same way I think I could like this.
Mary
Holy Muffins this sounds REALLY interesting! I have to read this! I mean there are Fey in this!!!!!!!!!! And it's part Beauty in the Beast retelling? AWESOME
Eddie James
Jun 16, 2014 Eddie James marked it as to-read

All that changes when a ferocious beast barges into their cottage, demanding that Feyre come live with him as payment for plucking
Claudia
Nov 19, 2013 Claudia marked it as to-read
That great moment when you find out that one of your favorite authors is planning a new series ^o^

Fari *It's too cold outside for angels to fly* ~The A Team
2015... Okay, there are twelve months and as long as it's the first or second, I'll be fine! I'll live...

Scrolls up from excited reviews... Looks at month...

Nope, I won't live...

MAY?!?! MAY?!?! You're kidding right now, right?! I hope it's sooner! It HAS to be sooner! Do these want me to die?! I highly doubt you want my death in your conscious, this is not a good idea! A good idea would be to release the book sooner! MUCH sooner! :D
Becky
Um.....2015, really?
Mallory
Aug 16, 2014 Mallory marked it as to-read
Shelves: wish-list
A re-telling of Beauty and the Beast/ East of the Sun and West of the Moon! And it's written by Sarah J. Maas! I can't wait

Lucia Santiago
Jun 21, 2014 Lucia Santiago marked it as to-read
Estoy demasiado emocionada por este libro pero mi pregunta es, ¿porque "la bestia" es guapo en este libro?
Carmen Tremblay
Jul 02, 2014 Carmen Tremblay marked it as to-read
I WANT THIS BOOK NOW BECAUSE ITS FREAKING SARAH J MAAS AND ITS MORE EPIC ADULT FANTASY !!!!
The Booklings: A Court of Thorns and Roses 10 18 Aug 16, 2014 05:49AM
The Not-So Austen...: Mortal by Sarah J. Maas 4 39 Apr 22, 2014 03:19PM
  • The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen, #1)
  • Red Queen
  • Heartless
  • The Cage (The Cage, #1)
  • The Last Time We Say Goodbye
  • Tell the Wind and Fire
  • The Stars Never Rise (Untitled Series, #1)
  • When I Wake
  • The Glass Arrow (Untitled Trilogy, #1)
  • Illuminae (Illuminae, #1)
  • Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1)
  • Crimson Bound
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
  • The Witch Hunter
  • Passenger (Untitled Series #1)
  • Monstrous
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • Blood and Salt
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Heir of Fire, Book 3, will be out in September 2014). Starting in Spring 2015, her New Adult Fantasy series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, will be published by Bloomsbury as well.

Sarah lives in Southern California, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and...more
More about Sarah J. Maas...
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1) The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.3) The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)