The Shadowmancer Returns: The Curse of Salamander Street (Shadowmancer, #2)

The Shadowmancer Returns: The Curse of Salamander Street (Shadowmancer #2)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Shadowmancer ReturnsBy G. P. TaylorCan evil ever be destroyed? G. P. Taylor adds a higher definition to fiction in this sequel to Shadowmancer. Kate and Thomas have escaped the sorcerer Demurral and sailed to London with charismatic Jacob Crane. But trouble lies in wait when their ship is seized and they are lured into the darkest heart of the city— to a street that wi...more
Published June 10th 2008 by Realms (first published January 1st 2006)

Cathrine Bonham
It read alright it had the same Gothic atmosphere and intense action and underlying spiritual truths as Taylor's Shadowmancer but this book didn't really work for me as a continuation. It is a sequel certainly, but it doesn't really have an ending that satisfies both stories. In fact the ending is really unsatisfying as a whole. (view spoiler)...more
Susan
I was a bit disappointed by this story, I remember that I thought Shadowmancer and Wormwood were amazing and this novel did not deliver on the same level. Of course I am older now so I may have just grown away from this style.

There was some really interesting parts to the story but there was an awful lot of wordy dialogue to get through between these highlights. I genuinely think the book would have been better had it been half the length and been a fast paced adventure.
J.L. Mbewe
Dark fantasy for Christians. Plot-driven. Didn't really get connected to the characters, at the end I was like, shouldn't i be feeling something for them. The action kept you on your toes, and turning the pages, asking questions, wondering, marveling. I am glad I read Wormwood before this, it gave me an understanding what happened in London before the characters arrived.
Meggen
This sequel to "Shadowmancer" was good, but not nearly as good as the first book. This is a classic fight between good and evil (God versus the devil) type of book. There is some interesting symbolism and some very thought provoking scenes and dialog. The ending was a bit of a let down for me, however. If I could give 1/2 stars, this one would receive 3 1/2.
Kirsten
This is the sequel to Shadowmancer. However, it isn't nearly as good. It seemed not to flow as well, and the villain wasn't nearly as menacing in this one. Still a lovely world he's created. However, the atmosphere in the first one was so much more.
Lisa
I actually enjoyed this book more than the first one. To me it was more intriguing and mysterious. I had to work a lot harder to put the pieces together. It kept me turning the pages, unlike the first book.
Sally
I so wanted to enjoy this book and couldnt get myself into the story at all.

I find that Taylor is beeing too clever since the book is ment to be for older children.
Samantha Gillman
This was a good sequal to Shadowmancer although i preferred the first book the characters are good and the plot keeps twisting and turning keeping you on your toes
Kate Jarrett
An interesting story but I found it really hard to look past the glaringly obvious typos. Looks like Mr Taylor needs to get himself a new editor!
Alisa
I didn't like it very much, seemed dragged out, and not as well written as his others.
Damion
Dec 20, 2013 Damion marked it as to-read
Shelves: awesome-books
I love it
you guys need to try it
Dominique
Aug 20, 2011 Dominique is currently reading it
It's pretty exiting, but disturbing. Creepy yet cool!
Jess
Not as good as the first one.
Celine Chen
Celine Chen marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Apr 03, 2014
Adrian August
Adrian August marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Rebecka Olofsson
Rebecka Olofsson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
David
David added it
Mar 25, 2014
Harisa Lagji
Harisa Lagji marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Mal
Mal marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
  • Lord of the World (Dodo Press)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia Set (Books 1-3) #1 The Magician's Nephew, #2 The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, #3 The Horse and His Boy
  • Sirius: A Fantasy of Love and Discord
  • Sabbat Worlds Anthology (Gaunt's Ghosts)
  • The Hollowing (Mythago Wood, #4)
  • Spirits From Beyond (Ghost Finders, #4)
  • The Situation Worsens: A Box of Unfortunate Events, Books 4-6 (The Miserable Mill; The Austere Academy; The Ersatz Elevator)
  • The Book of Names (Legends of Karac Tor, #1)
  • Tell Me No Lies: Investigative Journalism and Its Triumphs
  • The Convicts (Curse of the Jolly Stone, #1)
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Birthdays
  • Ironhand (Stoneheart Trilogy, #2)
  • Cyndere's Midnight (The Auralia Thread, #2)
  • The Dirty Dozen
  • Witchfall
  • Chimaera (The Well of Echoes, #4)
  • The Wizard of Ooze (Ravenspell, #2)
  • The Land of Green Ginger
(born 1958 in Scarborough, North Yorkshire), pen-name G. P. Taylor, is the author of the best-selling novels Shadowmancer, Wormwood and Tersias. Before taking up writing full-time, he was an Anglican vicar in the village of Cloughton, North Yorkshire.
His works reflect his faith, carrying Christian messages like The Chronicles of Narnia of C.S. Lewis. He began to write his works to counter the inc...more
More about G.P. Taylor...
Shadowmancer (Shadowmancer, #1) Wormwood The First Escape (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, #1) Tersias the Oracle (Wormwood, #2) Mariah Mundi (Midas Box)