Start by marking “The Shadowmancer Returns: The Curse of Salamander Street (Shadowmancer, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Shadowmancer Returns: The Curse of Salamander Street (Shadowmancer, #2)

The Shadowmancer Returns: The Curse of Salamander Street (Shadowmancer #2)

The Shadowmancer ReturnsBy G. P. TaylorCan evil ever be destroyed? G. P. Taylor adds a higher definition to fiction in this sequel to Shadowmancer. Kate and Thomas have escaped the sorcerer Demurral and sailed to London with charismatic Jacob Crane. But trouble lies in wait when their ship is seized and they are lured into the darkest heart of the city— to a street that wi ...more
Published June 10th 2008 by Realms (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Shadowmancer Returns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadowmancer Returns

Cathrine Bonham
It read alright it had the same Gothic atmosphere and intense action and underlying spiritual truths as Taylor's Shadowmancer but this book didn't really work for me as a continuation. It is a sequel certainly, but it doesn't really have an ending that satisfies both stories. In fact the ending is really unsatisfying as a whole. (view spoiler) ...more
Susan
I was a bit disappointed by this story, I remember that I thought Shadowmancer and Wormwood were amazing and this novel did not deliver on the same level. Of course I am older now so I may have just grown away from this style.

There was some really interesting parts to the story but there was an awful lot of wordy dialogue to get through between these highlights. I genuinely think the book would have been better had it been half the length and been a fast paced adventure.
Meggen
Dec 11, 2009 Meggen rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction-ya
This sequel to "Shadowmancer" was good, but not nearly as good as the first book. This is a classic fight between good and evil (God versus the devil) type of book. There is some interesting symbolism and some very thought provoking scenes and dialog. The ending was a bit of a let down for me, however. If I could give 1/2 stars, this one would receive 3 1/2.
J.L. Mbewe
Oct 06, 2015 J.L. Mbewe rated it liked it
Dark fantasy for Christians. Plot-driven. Didn't really get connected to the characters, at the end I was like, shouldn't I be feeling something for them. The action kept you on your toes, and turning the pages, asking questions, wondering, marveling. I am glad I read Wormwood before this, it gave me an understanding what happened in London before the characters arrived.
Kirsten *Don't Be A Grinch*
This is the sequel to Shadowmancer. However, it isn't nearly as good. It seemed not to flow as well, and the villain wasn't nearly as menacing in this one. Still a lovely world he's created. However, the atmosphere in the first one was so much more.
Lisa
Aug 07, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed this book more than the first one. To me it was more intriguing and mysterious. I had to work a lot harder to put the pieces together. It kept me turning the pages, unlike the first book.
Rachael Clayton
Aug 28, 2016 Rachael Clayton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Samantha
Aug 11, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
This was a good sequal to Shadowmancer although i preferred the first book the characters are good and the plot keeps twisting and turning keeping you on your toes
Kate Jarrett
An interesting story but I found it really hard to look past the glaringly obvious typos. Looks like Mr Taylor needs to get himself a new editor!
Sally
I so wanted to enjoy this book and couldnt get myself into the story at all.

I find that Taylor is beeing too clever since the book is ment to be for older children.
Philip
Philip rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2014
Manta Ray
Manta Ray rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2013
ЈJ
ЈJ rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Oran
Oran rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2008
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2008
John
John rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2008
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2011
William Robinson
William Robinson rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2015
David
David rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
courtenay williams
courtenay williams rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Henry
Henry rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2015
Mary Seaton
Mary Seaton rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2012
Natasa
Natasa rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2010
R Lithgow.
R Lithgow. rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Cary
Cary rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Amit Nair
Amit Nair rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2013
Tara
Tara rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Voyage of the Snake Lady (Moon Riders, #2)
  • Hope of the Gospel
  • The Dark Foundations (The Lamb Among the Stars, #3)
  • The Gospel in Ten Words
  • The Chickens of Atlantis and Other Foul and Filthy Fiends
  • Fire Caste
  • Harvest (Hyddenworld, #3)
  • Hulder (Kire #1)
  • Good Goats: Healing Our Image of God
  • Beyond the Wall of Time (The Broken Man, #3)
  • The Book of Names (Legends of Karac Tor, #1)
  • The Broken Kings (The Merlin Codex, Book 3)
  • De Fire og Han Som Gjør Galt Verre - Fortsettelsen
  • Savage City (Romanitas, #3)
  • The Kingdom of Light (Dante Alighieri, #3)
  • Down Among the Dead Men (Forest Kingdom, #3)
  • Sabbat Worlds
  • Words to Live By: A Guide for the Merely Christian
(born 1958 in Scarborough, North Yorkshire), pen-name G. P. Taylor, is the author of the best-selling novels Shadowmancer, Wormwood and Tersias. Before taking up writing full-time, he was an Anglican vicar in the village of Cloughton, North Yorkshire.
His works reflect his faith, carrying Christian messages like The Chronicles of Narnia of C.S. Lewis. He began to write his works to counter the inc
More about G.P. Taylor...

Shadowmancer (2 books)
  • Shadowmancer (Shadowmancer, #1)