Start by marking “Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders (Lady Justice, #11)” as Want to Read:
Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders (Lady Justice, #11)

Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders (Lady Justice #11)

Their vacation plans are soon shipwrecked by the murder of two fellow passengers.
The murders appear to be linked to a century-old legend involving a cache of gold stolen from a prospector and buried by two thieves.
Their seven day cruise is spent hunting for the gold and eluding t
Published October 18th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders

Sherry Fundin
Out of the blue, Mark Stewart received a letter in the mail from Skagway, Alaska. A. Prospector claimed to know about gold that had been stolen from his great great grandfather in 1898.

At the same time the Stewarts were preparing for their voyage, Ox and Judy De Marce, invited my wife, Maggie, and I on an Alaskan Cruise for their honeymoon. We'd only been married a year ourselves and had never been on a cruise. Sounded great.

Amy Stewart had kept the letter from A. Prospector and did some researc
Christina Jones
Oct 21, 2012 Christina Jones rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of humorous mysteries/cozies
There's something about a murder mystery aboard a ship at sea...the culprit can't escape easily; but neither can the intended victim. Writers like Agatha Christie and Ian Fleming have used this vehicle to set up plots and sub-plots to make the reader roll with the waves as they sort through events and clues. Robert Thornhill skillfully brings this setting into the world of Walt Williams as he presents us with mystery/comedy #11, LADY JUSTICE AND THE CRUISE SHIP MURDERS.

The story unfolds as Walt
 Gigi Ann
Oct 23, 2012 Gigi Ann rated it really liked it
This is the first time I've read a book by this author, Robert Thornhill, and I must say I will probably be reading more of his writing. This was a fun cozy mystery about four friends. Ox and Judy are off to Alaska on a honeymoon cruise and invite Walt and Maggie to tag along. Their vacation is anything but relaxing and all fun and games. First thing that happens they meet another couple on vacation, Amy and Mark Steward. From that point on their vacation plans are soon shipwrecked by the murder ...more
Heather
Sep 23, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I just can't figure out if Walt has good luck or bad. Is he in the right place at the wrong time or visa versa? Why should Ox & Judy have a less exciting honeymoon than Walt and Maggie had? This story was good and had the added benefit of pictures. I enjoyed the pictures and thought that they added that something special.
The side story with John, Mary, Willie & Jerry was funny.
Robert Thornhill
Oct 19, 2012 Robert Thornhill rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Anyone who has ever gone on a cruise, especially to Alaska, or is contemplating going on one, should read this book!

http://booksbybob.com/lady-justice-an... Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders (Lady Justice, #11) by Robert Thornhill
Cynthia
May 18, 2013 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Warning - do not eat or drink while reading a Robert Thornhill book - you will spew!

A funny, comedy mystery involving Walt Williams, one of Kansas City's finest, and his partner Ox, aboard a Holland Cruise ship.
James Elkins
Jan 01, 2013 James Elkins rated it liked it
Shelves: series-mystery
In the interests of full disclosure and while I don't know if it was part of a goodreads first reads giveaway, I did receive my copy of Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders from the author himself. Thank you again. Now that, that bit of business is out of the way...

If this book (the eleventh) is any indication, the Lady Justice series would do well on television. If cast correctly it could easily join the ranks of such stalwarts as Murder She Wrote, Matlock, and Murder 101. While I don't e
Grampy
May 03, 2013 Grampy rated it it was amazing
This book was reviewed by Lee Ashford for Reader's Favorite.

“Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders” by Robert Thornhill is Episode #11 of the Lady Justice series, an ongoing collection of comedy/mystery stories spawned in the creative mind of the author. In this story Walt, a Kansas City Police Department creator and member of Citizens Retired Action Patrol (C.R.A.P.), and his wife, Maggie, join Walt’s patrol partner, Ox, and his new bride, Judy, both of whom are also police officers, on an A
Gail
Nov 07, 2012 Gail rated it it was amazing
I think this was the best Walt Whitman book yet! Lots of twists and turns and an amazing read. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. Walt and Maggie go on an Alaskan cruise with Ox and Judy who are finally taking their honeymoon. They meet another couple who are going to Alaska to try and find the gold that was left from an ancestor who had buried it before he got caught. Looks like trouble follows Walt wherever he goes. They were on quite the adventure this time. I also loved ...more
Sheri
Oct 24, 2012 Sheri rated it it was amazing
Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders (Robert Thornhill)

Robert Thornhill hits the mark again in Lady Justice And The Cruise Ship Murders. Walt and Maggie accompany Ox & Judy on their honeymoon cruise it to Alaska. Once on board two people end up dead, and it looks like a case of mistaken identity. Another couples life is in danger if Walt and gang can't catch the murderer first.

Fantastic read, with a bit of Alaskan history and great photos. A must read for mystery lovers.I highly recomme
Jim
Feb 25, 2013 Jim rated it really liked it
This book was just simple, entertaining and enjoyable to read. No dragging out the 1 sentence to 1 page. Just let's get down to the story telling. Very enjoyable book. Plus you get a real idea what cruising to Alaska is like. Though going there is so much better.

Now I have to go out and buy his other books.
B J
Dec 03, 2012 B J rated it really liked it
This was the first book I won! Well written has action, romance, suspense, history, a cruise...and is about people in my age bracket. Finally an author that understands that we are not dead in mind or body... Will be looking for more books by this talented author.
Daleine
Jun 28, 2014 Daleine rated it liked it
Shelves: adults-only, mystery
Lady Justice books are for adults as the humor is a bit rough. I find the crime in the story and the mysteries fun. You know who the killers are but the fun in which they are caught is unusual. In this book the 65 policeman his younger partner and their wives take a cruise to Alaska. Their vacation becomes less then relaxing as they stumble onto a murder and the knowledge that the killers are out to kill someone else. It is fun to watch them as these couples stumble as most normal people do with ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 25, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
This was very good! I really enjoyed the plot that combined Alaskan gold rush history with Walt & Co.'s cruise.

Robert Thornhill modeled this book after a cruise that he and his wife took and I really enjoyed the pictures from his trip to get a visual for the places that Walt & Co. visited.

The most tense scene in this book and perhaps in all of Thornhill's books that I have read thus far was the scene with everyone dangling off the cliff to try to save Amy Stewart!

Cathy
Nov 15, 2013 Cathy rated it liked it
Shelves: cruise
This was a fun murder/mystery with a treasure hunt thrown in, set an Alaskan cruise and the ports they visited. The book contained some interesting Alaskan history concerning the gold rush and had some reasonably likeable characters, although I haven't read any of the other books in the series. Overall I enjoyed it and would recommend it for a lighthearted cruise read.
ChrisGA
Dec 04, 2015 ChrisGA rated it liked it
Shelves: z-ebook-2014
interesting premise with older characters--sort of a hijinks and caper book-get to the gold before the bad guys
Lori Mitchell Myers
Lori Mitchell Myers rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2013
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
May 21, 2014
Inge Thibodeaux
Inge Thibodeaux rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Vicky Mitzner
Vicky Mitzner rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Barry Lippitt
Barry Lippitt rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Paul Fussner
Paul Fussner rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Sue Alexander
Sue Alexander rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Joyce
Joyce rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2013
Cathy Doman
Cathy Doman rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Betty Macy
Betty Macy rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Heather Wenrich
Heather Wenrich rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Judith Mosconi
May 19, 2014 Judith Mosconi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Story was too simple and too predictable. Characters were uninteresting.
Sonia
Sonia rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
  • Taking the Fall
  • Perfectly Twisted (C.O.R.E. Above the Law, #1)
  • One Particular Harbour (Jake Sullivan Series, #5)
  • Kill and Run (Thorny Rose Mysteries, #1)
  • Bad Traffick (Leine Basso, #2)
  • Time of Death
  • Open Meetings (Jillian Hillcrest, #2)
  • Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1)
  • Terror Never Sleeps (Jack Gunn, #2)
  • Big Money
  • Kittens Can Kill (Pru Marlowe, #5)
  • Gone Wild (Thorn, #4)
  • The Wolf's Moon
  • Shadow of the Oak (A Sal Van Sleen Adventure)
  • Money, Family, Murder
  • A Bullet for Carlos
  • Nine Lives
  • The Awakening (Project Eve, 1)
Award-winning author, Robert Thornhill, began writing at the age of sixty-six and in six short years has penned twenty-three novels in the Lady Justice mystery/comedy series, the seven volume Rainbow Road series of chapter books for children, a cookbook and a mini-autobiography.
Lady Justice and the Sting, Lady Justice and Dr. Death, Lady Justice and the Vigilante, Lady Justice and the Candidate, L
More about Robert Thornhill...

Lady Justice (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Lady Justice Takes A C.R.A.P. City Retiree Action Patrol (Lady Justice#1)
  • Lady Justice And The Lost Tapes
  • Lady Justice Gets Lei'd (Lady Justice#3)
  • Lady Justice And The Avenging Angels (Lady Justice #4)
  • Lady Justice and the Sting
  • Lady Justice And Dr. Death (Lady Justice, #6)
  • Lady Justice And The Vigilante (Lady Justice, #7)
  • Lady Justice and the Watchers (Lady Justice #8)
  • Lady Justice and the Candidate
  • Lady Justice and the Book Club Murders (Lady Justice # 10)