Start by marking “Knitter in His Natural Habitat (Granby Knitting, #3)” as Want to Read:
Knitter in His Natural Habitat (Granby Knitting, #3)

Knitter in His Natural Habitat (Granby Knitting #3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  884 ratings  ·  131 reviews
Stanley’s life took a left turn at a knitting shop and hit a dead end. The closest thing he’s had to a relationship breaks things off to date a “nice boy,” and none of the pretty young things in Boulder’s limited gay scene do it for Stanley. He needs to reevaluate whether working as a floor designer for a series of craft stores is really where he wants to be.

Then Stanley d
Published November 14th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Knitter in His Natural Habitat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitter in His Natural Habitat

Blame It on the Mistletoe by Eli EastonSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerUnwrapping Hank by Eli EastonThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottLet It Snow by Heidi Cullinan
M/M CHRISTMAS Books
22nd out of 146 books — 178 voters
Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
237th out of 609 books — 1,427 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I liked the fourth book in the fabulous knitting series but my arch nemesis, evil insta-love, decided to make an appearance. *shakes fist in air, screams curses!*

Stanley was awesome. I have a soft spot for aging twinks and Stanley, with his bubble butt and hair plugs, really worked for me. I loved his attitude and the way that Johnny liked him for who he was. Johnny was also great, the ex-mob with a heart of gold.

What I didn't like was how they jumped to lovey-dovey-forever in a hot
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm totally hooked on this town and these men!

Have I mentioned I don't knit? Or sew? Or have any interest in yarn? I COULD probably find a needle in a haystack, *if* my life depended on it.

But this series is dreamy. Which is not to say that it's easy. The first book (Craw and Ben) was, but the the last one (Jeremy and Aiden) and this one, not so much. We see a tentative HEA for Jeremy and Aiden in the previous book in the series, but we also know Jeremy's past is waiting, and Johnny is part of
Eleftheria

Admittedly, the romance didn't do much for me here. I loved Johnny and Stanley seperately, they were amazing characters but I didn't buy the insta love. It all felt too much too soon.

But I did like this book for three reasons:

-The sense of family. Not the one you were born with, but the one you found along the way. It took me back to the Promises series.
-Jeremy and Aidan. I loved them even more in this book.
-Well...hot men in wool...

Meep
Nov 23, 2012 Meep rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yarn obsessives!
The relationship is all deep life changing conversations from the first date which goes beyond chick-with-dick and into WTF territory. I liked Stanley but don't see what attracted Johnny except a bubble butt mentioned enough times to qualify for a drinking game and promised sluttyness.

The side characters are a return of past characters and new sidekicks that are interchangeable Ariadne/Alice, both coo at the sweetie and dissect his 'love' life. (view spoiler)
AmyI
I adore Amy Lane. And I love the Granby Knitting series. But this book just did NOT do it for me. I didn’t find Stanley to be a likeable character. At all. Combine that with the insta-love going on with Stanley and Johnny, and this just wasn’t the book for me.

I will definitely read the next book in the series because it seems to focus on Aiden and Jeremy :)
Rhys Ford
I'm going to be forthright and declare ahead of time that anyone who knows me is aware of my special love for Amy. That being said, I love a lot of people...and even pets. I have a cairn terrorist whom I love very much but sometimes rolls around in owl horf he finds in the backyard. My point? I can love someone or something and still be rather disappointed in their behaviour.

Amy, however, does not disappoint.

I've never been a fan of bitchy, flighty men in my literature but Amy makes Stanley lov
Kaje Harper
I really liked Stanley and his journey to figure out who he was meant to be, especially because he didn't have to become a hero to be a good guy. He's a self-described "aging slutty bottom" who decides his life isn't working, and takes a look at the parts that are good in search of a way to make it better. He takes up the zen of knitting, and the comfort of friends and the family you choose rather than the one you are born to.

I enjoyed Stanley's realization that he'd imbued a purely sexual relat
Heller
I wasn't sure going into this if I was going to like Stanley, Craw's bathroom hookup from The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters, but I did...so very much. He is so bitchy and snarky but so extremely loyal and sweet. I loved him and I laughed out loud more than once at the things he said and thought.

Stanley is at loose ends. His hookups with Craw have ended since Ben came into the picture and he's not a club guy anymore. In a fit of wine induced pity he decides to learn how to kni
Bookish❧Gwen❦
Intresting...

Amy lane took a character that I did not think I wanted to read about...know about...or even really think about....and may me love him.

This book, I liked!
Serena Yates
In the same tradition as the first two books in this series, 'Knitter in his Natural Habitat' is more than a love story between two men who are each trying to deal with their pasts as well as their newfound love. It is also the story of Stanley coming to terms with what he really wants from life, and a partner, and Johnny finally getting what he's always wanted: a man to love who loves him back. And, of course, it is about knitting and the almost miraculous benefits attributed to it. I was immed ...more
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

I admit, I was a bit worried to read this book. I loved Stanley in the past books (or at least, I knew I would once we got to know him better), but I loved How to Raise an Honest Rabbit so, so, so much, along with Jeremy, that I wasn't sure if this book could live up to my feelings about that one. In a way it did, but in some ways it didn't.

Stanley is an old party boy -- or at least, that's how he feels. Never has he had a real relationship, just quick fucks
Tailtiu
2,5* upgrade for the cute cover
I totaly agree with Meep's review here. In my opinion there's no real connection between the MCs and the showdown with Jeremy is unbelievable and over the top.
Sandra
A good solid read from Ms. Lane. I think book #3, How to Raise an Honest Rabbit, is still my favorite of this series, but I enjoyed this one. Not super steamy but nice relationship development, if a bit fast. More of getting to know Stanley than the two of them together. That was okay, since it made it more the story of Stanley maturing and finding love, although I would have liked to get to know Johnny better. Although book #1, The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters, was meh for m ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I adore Amy Lane's stories. I always feel a connection with her characters and what they go through to the point that I end up crying over them nonstop. Unfortunately, I struggled with this one.

It was hard for me to connect with Stanley because I felt like his character was forced.... or maybe I should say the story felt forced? Regardless, he wasn't a genuine character to me, if that makes any sense, so it was hard for me to even like him. His personality is shifty - one moment sweet and nice,
Amanda
I LOVED The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters and I had very high hopes for How to Raise an Honest Rabbit, which BTW was good, but I wasn't as in love as I was with the first book. Then this. I just...I don't know what to say. IMO the storyline was not up to par with her other stories (view spoiler).

I didn't con
DaisyGirl
3.5 Stars

In this latest installment of the Knitting series, we revisit with Stanley Shulze who is working as a floor designer for a series of craft stores in Boulder, Colorado. After Craw breaks off their deliveries-with-benefits relationship, Stanley begins to reevaluate his life. As part of this self-assessment process, Stanley takes up knitting. Although he's not living the stuff of his dreams (i.e., to be a big time art dealer), he realizes that he's forged a comfy life for himself. He has (
AnnaLund
For my honest and true view of this book, please read …MORE

Goodreads TOS-compliant review (I think, let me know when they tell us what the rules are):

"The book I just read is about two (or three) lovely people, written in beautiful language, by a very good and prolific author. I liked it very, very much.
It is for sale on Amazon.”

DISCLAIMER: My reviews now all have this pretty face, so that all and everyone on Goodreads can stay happy and beatific. I’ll let you know if I change my mind. See the
Leta Blake
Editing issues but fun as hell read for me.
Audrey
I wasn't sure if I was going to like Stanley as a narrator, but I actually enjoyed this story, which is 100% from Stanley's POV. He took a little getting used to, but in the end the story and his narration touched me. I was thrilled to have Gianni get his HEA, and the fact that it was with Stanley, who had been so ill-used in the past, just made it feel that much more appropriate. Also, once again, Jeremy damn near breaks my heart in this one. Great addition to the Knitting series. :)
Thorny
I adore Stanley! I really adore Stanley and Johnny! I think this is my favorite of the series. Seriously still adoring Stanley. And I may want to knit now...(view spoiler)
Shannon
I liked this book as much, if not more, than the others in the knitting series and that may be because we got to visit everyone we've already met and it made me ball baby. I like to ball baby as long as no one dies. Loved Stanley's manslut ways and Johnny's staid calmness. Really sweet story with a bit more violence than the previous stories.
Lee Brazil
Jeremy is still my favorite character in this series, but now Stanley is a close second. He displays a loyalty that is astounding. Imagine what it is to feel alone for so long and then wake up one day to realize that you had FRIENDS all that time and just didn't know it?

pbj
I love this series in a kind of vague squishy way. These aren't my die hard favorite books or characters, but there's something really wonderful about how Amy Lane has turned knitting into an a metaphor for life. These books always make me go looking for knitting needles with the idea that If knitting can fix the MC's, it can fix my life too.
This installment is a little too cliché for me, but still sweet. Mobster in WITSEC meets aging club boy and love ensues. Spoiler Warning: This book does get
Pete W
Ms. Lane had masterfully wrote the tale of Stanley, the snarky, bitchy little side dish that Crawford broke off their little arrangement with for Ben in the first book. Stanley did not gave us a good first impression there but here we get to know him a whole lot better and I think most people will agreed that he is endearing and strikingly realistic.

Stanley began to reassess his life after Crawford broke their arrangement to pursue Ben sending him back to club scene and empty romp in the backroo
Christy Loves 2 Read
I'm starting to wonder whether its possible for Amy Lane to write anything that is less than 4 out of 5 stars. This 4th book in the Knitting Series was more than what I thought it would be. First off, the author has continued to have the other characters in the area appear in and out of the successive books and, frankly, I LOVE THAT! It feels like family. You fall in love with these people and when the book is done you still want to know "what happens next"? So, here the author gave us more of t ...more
Valerie *MM Romance Junkie*
I absolutely love Amy Lane's books. She makes me laugh and cry within the same books! I wasn't sure about Stanley when I first read about him in the fist book in this series. Now? I adore him. He deserved his HEA. The things that all of the men in this series went through... The relationships of all of the friends (they made their own family) are strong and true.
Sunne Manello
Oh...I'm in love...with a "ageing slutty bottom".

This one is definitely my favorite of the three books. I can't tell you why, probably because Stanley is soooo ..... human. He is funny, quirky, sensitive and realistic, he is caring, a bit selfish and honest. I love him. I want to adopt him.

I actually expected a bit more danger and angst but it was good, it was even better because the most important part was Stanley's development and his love with Johnny.

I adore that there are moments when Amy L

I love this series but for some reason couldn't really connect with this one. Johnny was ok but just didn't care for the other guy.

ETA Stanley! I couldn't even remember his name so I had to stop and look it up.
Lauren
Adorable. I absolutely love this entire series. While I'll admit that Knitter in His Natural Habitat isn't my favourite of the series, I still thoroughly enjoyed reading it and fell in love with Stanley and Johnny. I'd actually expected not to like this one because I hadn't really warmed to Stanley when he was part of Craw's story. But, in the end, I found it really difficult not to fall in love with him. It was nice to see Jeremy and Aiden again, even if it wasn't under the best of circumstance ...more
Dreamspinner Press: Knitter in His Natural Habitat by Amy Lane 2 16 Nov 14, 2012 07:12AM
  • Second Hand (Tucker Springs, #2)
  • One True Thing (One Thing, #2)
  • Junk  (The Bristol Collection #1)
  • Cost of Repairs (Cost of Repairs, #1)
  • Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding (Coda Books, #6; Strawberries for Dessert, #2)
  • Slam!
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3)
  • Still
  • Shy
  • But My Boyfriend Is (Florida Books, #4)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
  • I Spy Something Christmas (I Spy, #3)
  • Aiden's Luck (Seattle Stories, #3)
  • Bad Idea (Itch #1)
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • Covet Thy Neighbor (Tucker Springs, #4)
  • Scrap Metal
151973
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail u ...more
More about Amy Lane...

Granby Knitting (6 books)
  • The Winter Courtship Rituals of Fur-Bearing Critters (Granby Knitting, #1)
  • Super Sock Man (Johnnies, #0.5)
  • How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Granby Knitting, #2)
  • Blackbird Knitting in a Bunny's Lair (Granby Knitting #4)
  • The Granby Knitting Menagerie
Keeping Promise Rock (Promises, #1) The Locker Room Clear Water Talker (Talker, #1) Chase in Shadow (Johnnies, #1)

“The scarf could go on and on and on and on, and it could be the harlot-red banner of shame that wrapped him up and kept him warm when the nights grew lonely and cold.” 7 likes
“Funny, how some of the most important people of your life can be dismissed as inconsequential, just because you believe the bullshit they've spent their entire lives selling.” 0 likes