Start by marking “Dream of You (Laurel Heights, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dream of You (Laurel Heights, #5)

Dream of You (Laurel Heights #5)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  3,404 ratings  ·  165 reviews
Love sucks.

Lola Carmichael's known it since her boyfriend broke up with her the night she expected him to propose. Only with a deadline looming for her next romance novel, she better find inspiration fast.

Enter arrogant sports radio DJ Sam Touchdown Taylor. Who'd have thought a playboy ex-jock would be just what she needs to get her creative juices flowing…and her heart be
Published October 17th 2012 by Phoenix Rising Enterprises, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Dream of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream of You

LaBelleMel
Like the other Laurel Heights books, Dream of You was just as great a read. Yes, there are quite a few errors, but that wasn't a major problem for me as it doesn't change the story. Just make the corrections in your head and enjoy the book.

Lola and Sam's story was really quite cute. A bit predictable from the start given their instant connection, but really, the same can be said for most stories. The parts with Lola and her mother were very touching to read. Madison is just the cutest kid too. I
Aubrey
I'm getting a little flustered with Kate's writing because it is like she doesn't go back and read her own writing. The stories in essence are good but a little underdeveloped for my liking. In this installment Kristin and Rob's story doesn't link well with the main characters love story. I enjoyed Sam and Lola's story but I can't get over the fact that the timelines are all wrong! Like in this book Eve is only engaged to Treat when it says specifically in the books before this one they are marr ...more
Alison
Picked this up as a Kindle freebie (don't ask me why you would make book 5 a freebie and not book 1 - but go figure).

I would classify this as a classic rom-com - the sort of thing that Katherine Heigl or Sandra Bullock would star in (one of their good ones).

There were clear references in the book to couples who have starred in previous books, all the couples are loosely connected by living/working in Laurel Heights. However, I didn't feel that I needed to have read the preceding books to enjoy t
Ewa
I really like this book. Probably more than four previous.
I liked the first meeting Lola and Sam on the radio. I laughed when she began to question him, although she was an invited star.
We also have a second pair, Kristin and Rob. I had a good laugh reading how she caught him into snares. And it's not that simple, the guy is not easy.
Zoe
Probably my favourite Laurel Heights book to date. :)
Kristine
This book was in serious need of editing - words were missing, misspelled even. It was very distracting. Besides that, the story between Lola and Sam was very entertaining and I absolutely loved it. i actually skipped through Kristin's storyline (which I have never done with another book before!) because I found her to be almost stalkerish and psychotic. I couldn't stop judging her and hating every second she was in the book, so I decided to just skip her chapters all together. Overall, this was ...more
Eya
Sometimes I hate my ocd drive to finish reading what I started. Really. And this book needs two sets of stars because it really involves two very different stories. The auxiliary story - Kristin's - was smart, and funny, and engaging, and I kept wishing to be able to skip forward and read only that part of the book. Because Lola's story was the exact opposite of Kristin's - boring, vapid, and uninspired. And since that is the core story of Dream of You, I give the book the rating this story dese ...more
Kelly
This is probably the best book of the series that I've read (but that isn't exactly huge praise). I enjoyed Lola and Sam's story. There were a few parts that I didn't like. First was the whole, Sam's boss reassigning him until he finds love. One, that is totally unprofessional. Especially given that she is in essence his boss, if they hooked up and it went bad, that is on her as well as him. And as his boss, she should have known better. But instead she punishes him by taking away his radio show ...more
Sandhya
I'm going in a flow with all these books from the Laurel Heights series! I can't stop reading one book after another. And Dream of you was a book like a wonderful dream, full of happiness! I kind of loved Lola , the romance writer and Sam, he arrogant ex-jock radio host!! Even though their connection was instant, i liked how their relationship developed! And not to mention, Madison the sweet kid. She was the most entertaining and funny character in the book, we can't not love her.
The whole 3 of
Athena
I didn't like Dream Of You as much as the other books in the Laurel Heights series. First of all, the story is kind of recycled from the first in the series. The heroine has lost her mojo and needs it back, because she is on a deadline and if she doesn't meet it there will be some grave consequences.

The details are different though. This time the hero (Sam) has an ulterior motive to get into her bed and he has an adorable eleven-year-old daughter. It was all pretty clear cut. Lola and Sam hook u
Patty
So... I like the series... They are fun, fast and really romantic... You can read them in a few hours and it leaves you with a dreamy feeling inside.
This one was nice... I loved Lola and Sam... It's impossible not to relate to Lola, her breakup left her full of doubts... Who had not gone through that??
Sam was adorable...
HOWEVER.. I did not get the whole dual story here... This side story of Kristin and Rob... It made no sense and stole pages out if the story of Lola and Sam... And it made no se
Jessica
One star is for Madison alone because she is one of the cutest kids ever! Actually she can have all the stars! :) Totally loved both of the stories going on in this book (Sam and Lola's and Kristin and Rob's). It seems like Kate Perry's Laurel Heights series tells the story of at least 2 couples which makes the read easy and interesting. I do miss Freya and Greg. I sure hope they make a bigger appearance in the books to follow...
Cait
I really loved Sam and Lola's story and Madison was adorable. I didn't like Rob and Kristin's story. Firstly, because I thought that she was way over the top in a little bit of a crazed kind of way, and secondly because not enough time was spent on it so it didn't really feel like it developed. It seemed to me more a place filler in an attempt to give the book more depth/plot/something.
Staci Curtis
I have read the first five Laurel Heights books and I have to say this is my favorite so far. Kristen's character made me laugh out loud constantly...she was funny and confident and I loved it. Also having the main man (Sam) have a daughter was a nice change! Madison warmed my heart. All the books in this series are great and I recommend them but defiently this one.
Tina Nguyen
I liked it but I would have hoped not to read so many other character stories. I think that Kristin could have gotten her own story because I liked their witty banter. I've read others in this series and I thought they were okay too but reading each book hasn't made me want to read more of the characters though, which to me is a huge flaw on the authors part.
Colleen Mcbrearty
The story of Lola and Sam was good but the story of Kristin and Rob was just distracting. There are 2 separate stories going on that are completely unrelated. All of books in this series have 2 love stories happening, but at least in the previous ones the couples interacted and made the book blend.
Liz
I've liked this series by Kate Perry enough to continue to read through the series. This one was executed best by far -- I liked both characters.

There's definitely a formula to Perry's books; POVs from the main hero and heroine; and secondary story told from a single point of view. This time I think both of these work, just not together.

This is the story of Lola (Gwen's friend and the resident in the apartment above Outta My Gourd) and Sam (a former football player and now sports DJ). They meet
Gennifer
This book is part of a great series about friends and who they fall inlove with. I love this series and can't wait to read the 6 th book .
Paula  Phillips
With a name like Lola Carmichael , she had two options for a career. One to become a stripper and two to become a Romance writer. She of course chose the second option and has become a bestselling romance author and she has never had a problem writing a book until now. That's because her characters are based on people she knows and the stories are there tales. Currently ,she is supposed to be writing a book about Louise and Kevin , but it's turning out horrible as instead of proposing to her in ...more
D.B. Reynolds
I loved this story. The heat between Lola and Sam was smoking, and Kate Perry does a wonderful job of creating characters you want to love and spend time with. I loved the brief glimpses we got of Lola's "romance" about Calvin (her thinly disguised former boyfriend with the weak chin -- pretty damn funny) and Sam was hunkalicious. The slight misunderstanding between them that led to their brief estrangement was somewhat weak, but who cares? They reconciled and lived happily ever after I'm sure.
Heather andrews
Oh Lola you and your sassy mouth, "nothing's wrong with you. If I wanted someone to beat up my ex-boyfriend, you're the one I'd call." I mean they're first meet was something epic:
"I thought Sam Taylor was a woman," she said.
"I'm all male, sweetheart."
Sam oh boy he's something else, and sometimes you need your daughter to give ya a push in the right direction, "what the hell was he going to do with six copies of a romance novel? Pass them out to the boys at poker night? "Madison, forget groun
Sara Luck
I'm being generous with my 4 star rating because I usually really like Kate Perry books. This one however, was off the mark for me. Instead of dedicating this story to one couple (Lola and Sam), it flipped back and forth between Lola and Kristen. I would have rather just read more details about on couple, then read another book about the other couple. Honestly, they both had a good storyline, but both would have been better if they were expanded and more in depth.

Lola is a romance writer. She m
Darsel
I'm giving it four stars not because lola's and sam's story but because of kristin's and rob's story!! whyyyy they didnt have a book for themself? I love kristin was the one who lead them but rob tried to deny but couldnt help it but fall for her. they really should have their own bookstory. and this is the most realistic story. bcs seriously if a woman is aggresife, the man would deny her first but then missed her and wanted her! I wish I had tha confidence
Janet
I don't remember the last time I read a romance novel. Are they all this sappy? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to find my Prince Charming, have a fight, and then have a cute happy ending. What girl doesn't? I suppose I read this entire book for many of the same reasons I keep up with what's happening on Days of Our Lives. It's totally not the real world, and it's nice to escape from reality now and then with some ooey gooey love stories.
Torie
Sam (a DJ who used to be a professional football player) is a playboy who decided to take advantage of his boss, in response she removed him from his football show and put him in charge of a romance call in show. She made a deal with him, that he would get his slot and show back only if she saw him in a successful relationship. Enter Lola, Sam's first guest. They have an instant attraction and they develop a relationship. Then Lola finds out about why Sam was moved to the love show, which is def ...more
Josephine Barly
Not only are the characters great and different from each of the Laurel Heights novels, but the addition of Sam's daughter and Lola's romance career (being a writer myself) drew me even more towards the story.
Found the secondary storyline fantastic - Kristin knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go for it, and I was invested in her love life as well because I saw her as a brave but frail soul.
One of my favorite books from the series.
Dee
my first laurel heights book. i found it pleasant. radio personality (sam) sleeps with boss and shuns her future attention. boss 'demotes' him from his football program to anchor a lovelorn program. there he meets lola, a romance writer. lola writes novels based on her own love life and is currently in a slump. the book follows her relationship with sam. his daughter madison gets one star for being so damn cute with her matchmaking skills.
Ashley Clark
Love her books, love how all the characters are in all the stories( some not so much but still). At first I was a little nervous about how many characters there were in the stories and thought I was going to get them all confused but late perry does a great job at making sure you don't. I've read a few of these books out of order but now I need to read the others then maybe again in order!
Kelly
As much as I liked this story it was a little difficult for me to read as it hit a little too close to home. Like Lola, I experienced a parent diagnosed with dementia after the death of the other parent. Fortunately for me, I did not experience the dementia as fully as Lola did but I saw enough of it to feel what she was feeling in those moments.
I loved the relationships she had and how she handled them. I also loved Sam's relationship with his daughter.
reneeNaDaBomb
DREAM OF YOU

I liked that there were two female characters that found the love of their lives. Especially since the ladies both were broken hearted in their past relationships. I almost didn't like where the story was going until I recognized it was a two for one romantic story. Loved it all the way you to the end.
  • Worth the Drive (The Worth, #2)
  • Heart's Ease
  • Tell Me No Lies
  • The Great Bedroom War (Return to Redemption, #2)
  • Sisters in Love (Love in Bloom #1; Snow Sisters #1)
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
  • Offside (The Barker Triplets, #1)
  • Momentary Marriage
  • Free Agent (Mustangs Baseball, #0.5)
  • The Way You Look Tonight (The Sullivans, #9)
  • Cross My Heart (Landry, #2)
  • The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5)
  • Shameless (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • Fallen SEAL Legacy (SEAL Brotherhood, #2)
  • Perfect Summer (The Lone Stars, #1)
  • Carved In Stone (Art of Love, #1)
  • First Position
  • Resisting the Bad Boy (The CAN'T RESIST series, #1)
Kate has tangoed at midnight with a man in blue furry chaps, dueled with flaming swords in the desert, and strutted on bar tops across the world and back. She’s been kissed under the Eiffel Tower, had her butt pinched in Florence, and been serenaded in New Orleans. But she found Happy Ever After in San Francisco with her Magic Man.

Kate’s the bestselling author of the Laurel Heights Novels, as well
More about Kate Perry...

Laurel Heights (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Perfect for You (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Close to You (Laurel Heights, #2)
  • Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3)
  • Looking for You (Laurel Heights, #4)
  • Sweet on You (Laurel Heights, #6)
  • Tamed by You (Laurel Heights, #7)
  • Here with You (Laurel Heights, #8)
  • Mad About You (Laurel Heights, #9)
  • Loved by You (Laurel Heights, #10)
  • Wrapped in You  (Laurel Heights, #11)
Perfect for You (Laurel Heights, #1) Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3) Close to You (Laurel Heights, #2) Looking for You (Laurel Heights, #4) Tamed by You (Laurel Heights, #7)

“If you're able to think, then I'm not doing this right."
"You're doing okay, but you can always try harder."
"Harder I can do," he murmured against her neck, and he did just that.”
0 likes