Start by marking “For the Love of the Game” as Want to Read:
For the Love of the Game

For the Love of the Game

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  7 reviews
For 13 brilliant seasons Michael Jordan has danced the dance of excellence across the hardwood floors of basketball arenas from Barcelona and Paris to New York and Los Angeles. With a warrior's heart and an artist's grace, Jordan long ago transcended sport to become one of the 20th century's global icons.

On the court, his almost mythic flair for the spectacular prompted f
Hardcover
Published October 19th 1998

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of the Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of the Game

That Lady
He spent a little more time setting the record straight and criticizing "enemies" than I think a champion should. That disappointed me. His story and talent are still amazing.
Dwight Jones
This was a good book to me because it showed what he went threw in his life to get to where he is now. All of the trials and tribulations he went threw with different people and threw out his life.He was a very powerful person because he overcame alot of stuff that he could've let get to him and handle it his self but he didn't and that made him a better father for his kids and a better husband for his wife.
Raylyn Lee
I really enjoyed reading "For the Love of the Game". Michale Jordan has so much feeling in this book. I love how he opens the book with a dream. The type of tone in this book is warming. I love how in the book he talks about his life, family, and whole world before and after basketball. Michael Jordan talks about his plays, coaches, and teams. I really love how Michale Jordan writes aboutis feelings.
Chrissy
Aug 10, 2014 Chrissy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Basketball fans, Jordan fans, Sports fans, people interested in biographies.
This is a great book. I like how it keeps you interested visually by changing up the text types and pictures on every page. It is very short but written by MJ.
Troy Thomas
I love this book i reccomend it to any one who love basketbll
Kodee Lee
The book For the Love of the Game by Michael Jordan was one of inspirational measures. The book outlined the aspect of never quiting, and it talked about what he had to do to become the man he is today. Michael Jordan talks about his fears, dreams, and his life experiences while playing the game of professional basketball. When i first read this book i was totally inspired to never give up, as Michael Jordan does.
Tucker Lawrence
This was okay not enough words.
Erick
Erick marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Muhammad Zubair
Muhammad Zubair marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Brendan Candeloro
Brendan Candeloro marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Charles Fierro
Charles Fierro marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Daniella
Daniella marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
D Rose
D Rose marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Diego
Diego marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
EMRAH
EMRAH marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads' database with this name. See this thread for more information.

Michael Jeffrey Jordan is a retired American professional basketball player and active businessman. His biography on the National Basketball Association (NBA) website states, "By acclamation, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time." Jordan was one of
More about Michael Jordan...
Driven from Within For the Love of the Game: My Story I Can't Accept Not Trying: Michael Jordan on the Pursuit of Excellence Rare Air I'm Back!: More Rare Air