Start by marking “Chasing Shadows (Shadow #2)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Shadows (Shadow #2)

Chasing Shadows (Shadow #2)

Warning: Spoilers for Seeing Shadows, Book #1 of the Shadow Series, are contained in the description below. Chasing Shadows is a direct continuation of Seeing Shadows.

Caitlin Kile is on the run. Her life was shattered in one terrifying night, and now every decision she makes is a decision between life and death.

The only thing she knows for sure is that she's tired of being
Published October 17th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published October 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Shadows

Kellie Maddox-Ward
Feb 06, 2013 Kellie Maddox-Ward rated it really liked it
WOW.. Just WOW…

I honestly don’t know how to write this without giving the whole thing away.

While we still have the love story between Caitlin and Simon.
Things start to get rolling between Marcus and Jenny as well as Sarah and Grant.

But this is definitely WAAAAYYYYYY more Paranormal based.

Plot twists galore.

The ending?!
GAH
THE ENDING!
It just clicked into place! All the things that were said in the first book, and the start of this book…
It just… all makes sense now….
And of course…

Left wi
Tehani Lauer
Nov 23, 2012 Tehani Lauer rated it it was amazing
What the frack!!! That ending!!! OMG!!!
Okay too many exclamation points I know but that's how these books make me feel. I love them! This author is awesome! I started with Love Left Behind (which I really enjoyed too) then read the excerpt in the back of the book for Seeing Shadows and was instantly sucked in. Can't wait to read the next one! No seriously, I NEED IT NOW! Heehee :))
Amy
Oct 18, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Purchased the book last night, and could not go to sleep until I was able to finish it. Great continuation into Caitlin's life. The twists and turns in the plot were unexpected, but they were exciting and made the sleepless night very worthwhile.

If you enjoyed the first book, you will love this one as well. S.H. Kolee is going on my short list of new authors to watch for!
Ashley
Oct 22, 2012 Ashley rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, and the first one too. I only had one problem. Can you say major cliff hanger?! I don't like to be cut off right on the middle of the action! I want an ending... And answers to all of my questions! Even though I am somewhat frustrated, I will still wait patiently (or not!) for the next book. That's coming out soon.....right?
Sabrina
Nov 05, 2012 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
This book is a continuation of Seeing Shadows and I loved it more than the 1st. It is full of on the edge of your seat suspense at times and keeps you wanting to read.I read it in 1 day and now am dealing with the effects of the cliffhanger. So excited for the next book to come out and finish the story of Simon and Caitlin.
Katie-marie
Holy Mother of God!! I am on the edge of my seat. I am so proud of Caitlin for finally being brave, accepting help from others, and trusting others. Go kick some butt girl! The ending is killing me! Talk about a cliff hanger. I want to know what happens and I want to know now God dang it.
Jappi
I'm kind of disappointed how the first part of this book started. Actually, make that a third of the whole book. I don't know. It just seems that it didn't go well but in fact, it perfectly fits the story. Maybe it’s because of some certain scenes that I dislike. But the rest of Chasing Shadows was superb! There may have been a huge cliffhanger again and a very shocking revelation, but guys, it'll be worth the time to read. ;)

Chasing Shadows photo kissstand_zps5dcd1658.gif

Anyways, I love the blooming relationship of Caitlin and Simon. They
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

Wow, I don’t really know what to say, this book had many twist and turns I was not expecting at all. The biggest twist to me had to do with Simon, but I do not want to mention what that is. The suspense was something for sure. I didn’t know what was going to happen.

I am going to make this short, so not to spoil anything. I will say, it was very exciting, very suspenseful, and I was able to understand the whole shadows thing a bit better. I like how Caitlin grew up some more in this book, but sti
Shannon
Oct 30, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
Originally posted at Bungalow Books

Initial Thoughts:
I was given a free copy of Chasing Shadows by the author for review. You can find my review of Seeing Shadows (Book #1 of the Shadow Series) here. The ending of the first had a big cliffhanger and I couldn't wait to find out what happened in book two.

The Pros:
Talk about suspense! I finished this book in a night because I couldn't stop reading until I knew what happened.

Caitlin is not one of the typical "too stupid to live" heroines. She is de
Emily
Nov 17, 2012 Emily rated it it was ok
Good concept, and the book does have some surprising twists and turns. I enjoy thr fantasy of the story, a good switch in fantasy from all the vampire/werewolf stories that are everywhere. However the fact that Caitlin is always slow to reacting is annoying. After quite a few near death experiences, and her alleged strength as a seer one would think that she would be quick to use her energy against the vargoders. She is slow to understand when she is no longer in the presence of a human vs shado ...more
Erica Alyson
Shelves: favorite-books
Johanna
May 25, 2015 Johanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
First of all, why is the end always such a cliffhanger ??? It was difficult after the first book, but it's even worse after the second...
So, we are moving forward with Caitlin and Simon. Simon is getting weirder and weirder.
Everything is moving very fast, and we are learning a lot more about the visions.
I am a bit disappointed that the other characters (Sarah, Grants, Marcus...) are pretty Mia from the book.
Other than this, the book was great, I literally couldn't put it down...
ToddAn
Oct 18, 2012 ToddAn rated it liked it
To sum it up in one word: frustrating!!! The ending is just awful. I was so disappointed in Chasing Shadows. However, I feel so invested now that I've read the first two books. I just want to know how it ends. This unshakable inquisition is the reason this is a 3 star instead of the 2 stars I initially rated.
Romaine
The 'vardogers-are-almost-everyone' story is very confusing. And now there aren't particularly any Seer in sight except for the lonely protagonist because the vardogers have practically persuaded every paranormal being to join them. Now Simon's allegiance is questionable, Caitlin's mother's death is questionable...everything is qestinable and incredulous. -_-
Tracy
HOLY MOLELY!! I never saw it coming. Caitlin an Simon pull at your heart string.
This second book is so action packed..so many unforeseen twists an turns you almost get whip lash!

I can't wait for book three !!!
Serena
Oct 30, 2012 Serena rated it it was amazing
Wow this book has so many surprizes and twist..it is amazing! Way to leave it off in a horrible cliffhanger. Great read and cant wait for the third book to be put out. This series is a totally different freshing storyline that captures you right away..and creepy!
Kaza
Jan 30, 2013 Kaza rated it liked it
Oi
Nov 01, 2012 Oi rated it really liked it
Great follow up. The middle was slow and hard to get through because the "battle" seemed to end too easily, so I expected some unexpected twist. And the twist was what I suspected and so much more. It was worth the read and I can't wait for the next installment.
Keelie
Nov 20, 2012 Keelie rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this series, constantly wondering which way she will be going next, this book left me floored & wanting to know so much more... Oh my I loved this book!! Can't wait for March 5th book 3
Diana
Dec 26, 2012 Diana rated it it was amazing
i love this series never thought i read a book about quite like this but it was beautifully written im hooked s.h. kolee has got me hooked i am so ready for the 3rd i need simon
Nicole Oehlers
Nov 10, 2012 Nicole Oehlers rated it really liked it
Wait what! I have to wait for the third book. Super twisty I am hooked and can't wait for the third!
Kimberly Elrod
Nov 05, 2012 Kimberly Elrod rated it it was amazing
When is the next book to the shadow series coming out? Does anyone know cause omg I am going crazy waiting for this book!!!
Paulasantos
shocking and unexpected! Loved! A bond unbroken! <3
Melissa
Oct 25, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
I liked this book, it took a few twists and turns. The one thing I absolutely hated was it just ended, leaving me feeling like I was missing something.
Rhonda
Jun 19, 2015 Rhonda rated it liked it
While I liked the story, I didn't get into it as much as the first book. But I do need to finish the story. That ending was a bit evil.
Jennifer Pope
Jan 07, 2013 Jennifer Pope rated it really liked it
Can't wait until March to see how it ends!
Nikki
Nov 03, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing
OMG loved this nothing like what I usually read, do many twist and turns, does anyone know if there will be another one?
Victoria
Oct 22, 2012 Victoria rated it liked it
The series definitely got better with book 2. There were quite a few surprising twists and turns.

Damn cliffhanger.
Elena Carlo
Nov 08, 2012 Elena Carlo rated it it was amazing
Oh, I couldn't stop crying! I really hope Simon makes a comeback in part 3. "A bond unbroken can be a curse" I'm completely speechless!
  • Secret
  • Betrayed (The Pirate, #2)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Messed up
  • The Triple Goddess (Afterlife Saga #3)
  • Love Unmatched (Unexpected, #2)
  • Easter's Lilly
  • Enlightened (Red Flags, #2)
  • Mrs Jones (Tommy Connell Mystery #1)
  • Daddy
  • Love Lines (Love Lines, #1)
  • Flirting with Chaos (Crazy in Love, #1)
  • Saving Grace (Mad World, #2)
  • The Last Girl
  • Demon at My Door (Demon at My Door, #1)
  • Plausibility
  • Nothing Else Matters (Sam Casey Mystery, #2)
  • Death Rejoices (The Marnie Baranuik Files #2)

Shadow (3 books)
  • Seeing Shadows (Shadow, #1)
  • Hunting Shadows (Shadow #3)