Homeless at Christmas

Homeless at Christmas (Let It Snow 2012)

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Lonely office worker Neil wanders around Manchester in the last-minute Christmas rush when he spots Kai soliciting for money. Neil wants company, Kai wants money, both love the sex--can they find common ground?

Lonely office worker Neil finishes at work for three days. Wandering around Manchester in the last-minute Christmas crush, he spots Kai soliciting for money. After b...more
Published December 9th 2012 by Silver Publishing (first published December 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Homeless at Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homeless at Christmas

Ami

It's a very short story about an office worker who picks up a homeless man -- and you know, they get it ooooon (SEXY TIMES!), and well, the homeless man ends up staying more than he should.

It's one of Blackwell's warm and fuzzy stories. Not quite satisfying due to the length. But since it's Christmas's story, I can forgive her for it ^^. Besides the sex scene is pretty HOT!
Serena Yates
A short, sweet story about a lonely office worker, who doesn’t want to spend Christmas on his own, and a homeless man, who isn’t looking for a roof over his head, but glad to accept when it is offered. Both men are initially miserable and alone, not really looking for someone. But, as regularly happens in fairy tales, and occasionally in real life, once these two find each other, there is a spark of something more.

Neil isn’t really into the "charity thing", but he does buy the homeless guy he fi...more
Ije the Devourer of Books

I am not normally critical in my reviews but this did not work for me at all:

Neil find a homeless guy Kai
Neil buys Kai a sandwich
Neil takes Kai home
Very lonnnnnnnnnggggggg sex scene (most of the story is one of two sex scenes)
Next day Kai starts to leave
Neil breaks down
Kai stays and then never leaves, ta da!!! HEA and that's it.

Where is the story? I found it disappointing.
Tami (synchro from BL)
Very short story about a christmas one-night stand turns into a relationship. It was fairly well written, although it wasn't a real story, more a scene. Neil, 40 and office worker, picks up a homeless, but beautiful guy/rentboy on christmas eve. They have hot sex and don't separate afterwards - voila: HEA.
Alina
I loved it :)
Short, but hot and sweet and I'd really liked the story to be a bit longer, just to see more of Neil and Kai's developing relationship. But the kinda abrupt HEA's still sweet and maybe that way the story looks more like a Christmas tale...
Edina Rose
Hot, slightly dirty sex. Hot. Made me forget there was no real plot.
Tam
This review can be found at Brief Encounters Reviews.

I had mixed feelings about this story, mainly the ending which was very abrupt. It starts with Neil avoiding going home because now that his mother has passed, he really has no family and a lonely holiday has no appeal. He comes across a young homeless man begging outside the grocery store, so he offers to buy him a sandwich, rather than give him money. The young man agrees, and when Neil returns, on impulse he invites the man home with him.

Na...more
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
3 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Neil is all alone at Christmas, walking home from work he decides to pop into a shop for a couple of items and buy’s a beggar some food, in the end he invites the beggar home just so he will have some company. Kai will do what he has to too survive living on the streets, taking the offer of a roof over his head for the night, both men alleviate a need in the other but will it last longer than Christmas?

Scarlet...more
Gabbi

I love books written by Scarlet Blackwell. She writes angst wonderfully and usually mixes it with just enough sweetness and romance in her stories that really balances it out. I admit I was excited to read Homeless at Christmas because I’ve come to expect a well-written and well-rounded story from her. Unfortunately for me, I was disappointed in this book.

The story starts off strong. Neil is a forty year old man who is lonely. He works an office job, has no...more
Lucy
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

Told in first person by Neil, an office worker with nothing to do for Christmas and no one to spend it with, we go with him as he meets Kai. Kai is a 25-year-old, begging outside a shop. Very lonely Neil doesn’t want to give money, but buys Kai a sandwich, then makes the invitation for Kai to come home with him. It’s Christmas eve and Neil is so very lonely.

Kai isn’t usually a rent boy but he does what he has to. He never really explains the hows and whys of h...more
Lee
I think I'm liking Ms. Blackwell more and more everyday.

I reallllllly liked this book. Loneliness doesn't have to ruin us, and I love the idea of falling in love with someone you would never think could be your love.

I love the idea of hope... this story gave me that.

Bravo.
Shaz
I would have loved this to have been longer. I felt I was missing so much out of this story because there was nothing about either MC's past...why they both were in the positions they were in. And to be perfectly honest, the story would have made so much more sense with that background information.

But it was still a very hot little tale overall.

Tutu
A good story, but very short. If you expect something very sweet this is not for you. It mainly focuses on the sex scene. I would have preferred it to be as clinical and detached as it started, with just a mention of a HFN. The sweetness at the end and the last paragraph did not really work in my opinion, but still, a good quick read.
Shannon
This would have gotten a higher rating if we could have had just a tiny bit of history for Neil or Kai. Something, anything. Why was Neil alone? Why was Kai living on the streets? Nothing. Very sweet story though. Neil sees Kai, homeless, outside the store, buys him some food and takes him home. And he never leaves.
kasjo_peja
PWP. It started fairly well, with snapshots from Manchester city. I used to live there and remember the city with a bit of nostalgia. Later however it was only sex, sex and sex. The forced, abrupt HEA delivered in last sentence made me so annoyed that I lowered the rating from 2 stars to 1.
Susinok
Neil is a lonely office worker who takes feeds a homeless man and takes him home so that he doesn't have to spend the holiday by himself.

This could have been so much better, but all it boiled down to was a hot night in the sack, and not much conversation or connection.
Mandi
2.5-3 stars. Would of definitely gotten a higher rating if it were just a tad bit longer. No history on either character and then the story just ends. I would of liked to read a little bit more about them.
Katy Beth Mckee
Neil is lonely and on impulse invites homeless Kai home for the holidays. It was an interesting story but felt I wanted a bit more information to feel them connecting and not just getting it on.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Lucy
Genre: M/M Holiday
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
~SexyBookWorm~
I would love to read more about these characters....
TracyG.
Sep 28, 2013 TracyG. rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
A nice short story
Sara Covolo
Sara Covolo marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Black Rose
Black Rose marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Scarlet writes erotic romance.

Scarlet would rather stick pins in her eyes than go on Facebook but now sees the necessary evil of it. Please join her there for useless writing-related ramblings and hot men musings and ease her in gently. Bah.
More about Scarlet Blackwell...
Rescue Me Inferno And So Is Love Just Desserts (Table for Two, #1) Into the Light (Clear Water Creek Chronicles, #1)