Start by marking “The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride” as Want to Read:
The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride

The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  338 ratings  ·  34 reviews
He bought her with cold, hard cash, but can she stop him from stealing her heart?

Blackmailed to marry against his will, Ricardo Almanza needs a wife before he’s thirty, and time is running out. A notorious playboy, marriage is the last thing he wants, but his stepmother’s sexy, debt-ridden personal assistant is the perfect solution. He makes her a business deal she can’t r
Kindle Edition
Published October 14th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (Indulgence) (first published October 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride

Kathryn
Helen Marshall needs to raise a large sum of money and fast if she's to have any chance of saving her parents' farm back in England. Working as a gopher to the Contesa in Ibiza town isn't going to get her there but marrying her stepson just might and he's ready to make Helen an offer she wants to refuse, if it wouldn't solve all her problems with a cool £1million for a mere three-month-long "marriage of convenience". Wilful, headstrong and used to getting his own, playboy Riccardo Almanza doesn' ...more
Melissa Maxwell
Helen and Ricardo's story is one with many ups and downs. Helen enters the marriage with good intentions to save her family's farm. Ricardo enters to win a bet. Real feelings develop but when someone from both there past sets sights to destroy what they have. I loved the book and will read more from the author.
Evie
An enemies-to-lovers fairy tale...

Ricardo Almanza is a most sought after Spanish playboy who happens to need a wife ASAP. He needs someone who is willing to handle the situation in a business like manner, and he promises to pay her back handsomely. The thing is, he can't strike a deal like this with just anyone. He needs assurance all will be treated confidentially, while to the eyes of the world they look as the most besotted couple. He is running out of time and hasn't found anyone to fit the
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by: JoAnne
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was a quick and easy chick lit romance that I was able to devour in one sitting. There was romance, hot and steamy love scenes, family and employees that are like family but really no friends to speak of. There was the unexpected happily ever after that took many twists and turns to reach. There was some closure but I felt it needed a little bit more story rather than leave it up to my imagination on
Linda Sims
PREDICTABLE BUT CUTE

Helen enters into a marriage of convenience with her employers stepson Ricardo. He needs to get married to regain a family possession, while Helen needs the money for personal reasons.

He's the biggest playboy of the western world, although that's not readily apparent in this story. Helen is an English young woman trying to make her way in the world. They are as different as chalk and cheese, his is a life of hedonistic pleasures and big business deals, while she's a farmers d
Teresa
Oh, I do like stories where they pretend to be a couple wishing it were real - a marriage of convenience.

Rachel has a wonderful way with words. Lovely, colourful descriptions of the beautiful places in this book make you believe you're in the exotic location of these Spanish islands.

And I love her sex scenes! Hot and with two fiery characters, you can't help but love.

Helen is no softy, and Ricardo is the strong Alpha male we love to read - but don't worry, Helen can handle him.

Kyndra Natasha
IT WAS JUST OKAY. SOMETHING WAS MISSING IN THE FORMULA. I DIDN'T FEEL ANY EMOTIONAL TIES TO THE CHARACTERS OR UNDERSTAND WHY, HOW OR WHEN THEY DECIDED IT WAS LOVE....ONE MINUTE THEY HAD A BUSINESS ARRANGMENT TO MARRY, THEN THEY HAD SEX AND THEN THEY WERE IN LOVE......NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE BETWEEN ANY OF THESE EVENTS THAT WOULD MAKE YOU GO "OH...I GET IT....."
smexys_sidekick (Tori-Smexybooks)
Sexy, intense, harlequin-esque love story. Both MCs are prickly, prideful, and prone to jumping to conclusions. Smoking hot love scenes and a lovely enemies to lovers plot. I do wish it hadn't ended so abruptly though.
Heidi McLaughlin
Been caught stealing – that is what came to mind when I started reading The Spanish Billionaire’s Hired Bride because that is how Ricardo Almanza met Helen Marshall – he thought she was stealing, which lead me to believe she was a high society thief and this uber rich man was going to get sucked into her devious web.

Nope.

Helen is his stepmother’s girl Thursday – or cocktail maker who quickly catches the eye of the dapper Almanza. When he offers Helen a ride home to her ghetto apartment an idea t
Gaele
A marriage born out of a contract: she needs the money and he needs to win a bet, what could go wrong? With a whirlwind courtship, complete with contracts, lawyers and lots of hasty jumping to conclusions about intentions and situations, Rachel Lyndhurst has managed to create two very likable characters despite their obvious misguided impressions of one another. Despite those personal character quirks that made this reader want to slap them upside the head more than once, the author has created ...more
Doris O'Connor
I really enjoyed this story, but I felt cheated at times. There were a couple of instances where I felt the author could have dug deeper with the emotions, and the ending left me wanting some more closure.

But having, said, this book has some fabulous descriptions, beautiful locations, hot sex, and an alpha hero to die for.

The heroine is feisty, yet vulnerable, just as I like them, so all in all, a great read!
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
Damn! Ricardo is one hot self made billionaire, I really liked it.. read it in one sitting because I just had to see what was going to happen between them. I would have given it a 5* rating if we got a epilogue at the end :( but sadly there wasn't.. I wanna know if there was a 'special' reason in the end for not being able to fit her ring? or was it as Helen said because of her eating?!
Tia
Wasn't a bad novel, the villain was super creepy and definitely mentally disturbed. I wish the heroine had a bit more self esteem and stuck up for herself. I would of punched the villain in the face when she went on about how she hooked up with the hero, which turned out to be a lie.
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
3.5 stars.

OK so this book is a little corny and yep it's predictable but sometimes we all love a romance exactly like that. It's an easy quick read, so don't expect twists and turns, just expect money and romance and you won't be disappointed.
JoAnne
To read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com click on the link below:

Shelly
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started reading this story but I’ll you what I got.

Because of a bet, billionaire playboy Ricardo Almanza has six months left to find a wife before he turns 30. Poor farm girl and student Helen Marshall is in Spain on an archeology dig and working for Ricardo stepmother as her girl Thursday (‘like girl Friday but faster’). In desperate need of money, a lot of money, Helen sells herself to Ricardo in order to help her parents with their debt. After coming to a
Nikki Brandyberry
After I finished reading this book I was slightly at odds with myself. I found it to be an enjoyable read but I wasn’t attached to either character in the end, making it hard to write a review. When I love a book I want to sing to the heavens and tell everyone about it. When I hate the book….well I want to tell everyone about it heh.

I found both characters of Helen and Ricardo to be very strong willed. Ricardo being used to people doing what he wants simply because of who he is and Helen having
Laura Elizabeth
I really am consideirngg a 3.5 star rating here! First, its not all that predictable and I appreciate that so much I could provide 2 stars off the gate! The storyline is pretty original and cute, and it’s a good read. I also like that the story/ characters evolve into love and it isn’t just some insta-love situation. They really fall, and you see it.

But I do want to complain about the author’s editor, if they have one, because sometimes it isn’t clear who’s talking. ….That could be a program is
Jessie
predictable but enjoyed it :-)

lovely read .. made me smile and laugh quite a few times
a.ka
i just love love stories! yes, i'm addict. just loved it. :))
Elaine Robertson
Predictable but nice piece of escapism.
Kara
Ugh, it would've been great if she really got pregnant at the end, I mean she's always hungry, and all! But then, liked everything, albeit the last part where both of them are saying everything got a little awkward, for me though. I mean, I was like, "were they just standing and???" It's silly of me, but really liked everything. ;)

And another was, I really thought the author was from Spain with all those setting and knowledge about the country.
Meetu
Okayish book. Not terribly exciting but if there's nothing else to do and not much other choice this would work.
Rhonda
I love marriage of convenience stories. This was one of my favorites. I loved how problems kept popping up where they shouldn't. I also love how they worked themselves out. :)
Christina Montminy
was okay.....I was wishing the end would've been a little better than it was but all in all it was an okay book.
Niobe13 *wants to read all day*
Having read the premise almost or should I say "totally" lets you know the flow of the story and how it will probably end. Funny thing is I like the predictability of it.
Kristine
I've read a lot of stories like this one but I did enjoy reading it. :)
  • Blackmailed by the Italian Billionaire
  • A Vengeful Affair
  • Taming the Tycoon
  • The Boss and Her Billionaire
  • Faking It
  • Kiss and Make Up
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Contract for Marriage
  • Winning the Boss's Heart (Entangled Indulgence, #1)
  • Tempting Acquisitions  (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #1)
  • Tempted by Trouble (Entangled Indulgence)
  • Not The Marrying Kind
  • Flirting to Win (Flirting To Win, #1-3)
  • Operation Cinderella (Suddenly Cinderella, #1)
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • The Reluctant Wife (Entangled Indulgence)
  • Italian Affair (Affair, #2)
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
Rachel lives on the South Coast of England with her partner, two children and a silver Bengal cat.
More about Rachel Lyndhurst...
Kidnapped by the Greek Billionaire Blackmailed by the Billionaire Brewer (Passion Creek) Sicilian Engagement (Entangled Indulgence) The Devil to Pay Storm's Heart