Start by marking “Someone Is Killing the Gay Boys of Verona ” as Want to Read:
Someone Is Killing the Gay Boys of Verona

Someone Is Killing the Gay Boys of Verona (Gay Youth Chronicles #13)

Someone is killing the gay boys of Verona, Indiana, and only one gay youth stands in the way. He finds himself pitted against powerful foes, but finds allies in places he did not expect.

Sixteen-year-old Sean sets out on a quest that takes him into the supernatural and beyond. A haunted mansion, gay ghosts, a cult of hate, and a hundred year old ax murder all await Sean a
Published March 1st 2000 by Writers Club Press

To ask other readers questions about Someone Is Killing the Gay Boys of Verona, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone Is Killing the Gay Boys of Verona

TheFountainPenDiva
This was my first Mark Roeder book, chosen for the YA Saves reading challenge, but I'm interested enough to want to read the entire series.

One part spine-tingling murder mystery/ghost story, one part preachy. That preachiness aspect seemed so out of character for a teenage gay male, which is sad because Sean, the protagonist, is such a wonderful character. He's like any typical teenage boy obsessed with sex (in his case his own), his self-esteem and just high school life in general. He's out but
Andrew
May 27, 2017 Andrew rated it it was amazing
good read
Anita Rivera
Jan 24, 2013 Anita Rivera rated it it was ok
I've read quite a few books by Roeder and this is one that I enjoyed but probably wouldn't recommend to many others. It's definitely a time killer and nothing more. The struggling gay youth angle got really old in this one.

I DID enjoy when the climax finally came around though. It was a twist I slowly saw coming and I enjoyed putting the pieces together.

I think his writing gets a little repetitive but yet again, I think his books are meant to tell a story that helps YA GLBT youth hope and the
Robert
Aug 26, 2013 Robert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
End of the original trilogy, it rounds out the story of Mark and Taylor as well as that of Ethan and Nathan. It also establishes the supernatural element. It is a mystery with a very surprising ending that satisfied my desire to know what happened to a peripheral, but critical character from the whoe 1980's series. Roeder walks a careful line around the whole life after life issue and gives an answer that is true to his vision.
Ida
Feb 19, 2012 Ida rated it did not like it
Shelves: trash-can
Roeder wanted too much in one single book. There is a wild mixture of love, sexuality, detectives, supernatural phenomenas... Sometimes less is more. Secondly, the introduction of new characthers is awful, since it is obvious from the second they are added what their part of the book they will have.
Hannah Jefferson
Sep 22, 2013 Hannah Jefferson rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent, suspenseful book. I do not normally enjoy stories about the supernatural but I couldn't put this down! A boy who can talk to ghosts, a century-old crime, and other elements make for an excellent thriller with a minimum of romance.
Olivia
Nov 23, 2010 Olivia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, ya-lit
I loved the suspense that this book had. And the glimpses into the past were great. I hope to see more of them in the next book.

I always seem to figure out the bad guy the chapter before it's stated. Something I find amusing.
I'ma Reader
May 24, 2012 I'ma Reader rated it it was amazing
I got to see Mark & Taylor again, so I loved it, and the fact that they're happy was the icing on the cake.
Jamilla Geter
Jamilla Geter rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
DeWanda
DeWanda rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2011
KR
KR rated it really liked it
May 26, 2012
Malachi
Malachi rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Heriberto Barrera
Heriberto Barrera rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Omowunmi Ayoola
Omowunmi Ayoola rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2017
Nickey
Nickey rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Remster
Remster rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2010
Cassandra Harkness
Cassandra Harkness rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2013
Heydave
Heydave rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Jayson James
Jayson James rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Rg Hubbard
Rg Hubbard rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2008
Jaded1
Jaded1 rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Ivan Morataya
Ivan Morataya rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Ken Clark
Ken Clark rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2008
Lonnie Kelco
Lonnie Kelco rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2012
Annekem
Annekem rated it really liked it
May 29, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Drama Queers!
  • Vintage: A Ghost Story
  • Common Sons (Common Threads in the Life, #1)
  • The Mariposa Club
  • Finding Our Way (Finding Our Way, #1)
  • A Really Nice Prom Mess
  • Teenage Rewrite
  • One Boy's Shadow
  • Double Feature: Attack of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies/Bride of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies (Russel Middlebrook, #3)
  • Senior Year (Surviving Elite High, #2)
  • I'm Your Man
  • Desert Sons (Desert Sons, #1)
  • Abandoned (Little Boy Lost, #2)
  • Awake
  • Evolution (Masks #2)
  • This High School Has Closets
  • The Cat in the Cradle (Loka Legends, #1)
  • Not Letting Go (Not Letting Go, #1)
Mark A. Roeder grew up in southern Indiana - near a small town similar to those that appear in his novels.
More about Mark A. Roeder...

Gay Youth Chronicles (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Outfield Menace (Gay Youth Chronicles #1)
  • Snow Angel
  • The Nudo Twins
  • The Soccer Field Is Empty (Gay Youth Chronicles, #3)
  • Ugly