Start by marking “In the Shadow of Stone” as Want to Read:
In the Shadow of Stone

In the Shadow of Stone

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What would you do if you discovered that the people you trust the most are liars? That’s what Jack Fontaine confronts in this gripping novel described as “amazingly suspenseful and romantic with something unexpected at every turn”.

Jack Fontaine is summoned to the deathbed of his sister. She asks him to keep the DVD she's made for her only daughter, Jenna, safe and hidden u
Published July 28th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about In the Shadow of Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Shadow of Stone

Very enjoyable with some twists that were definitely unexpected and in one case, a little unwelcome. I had hopes that one character would get his redemption but turns out, maybe his redemption came in death? I will absolutely buy Kaufman's other book after reading this one, and hope that he writes more. Some authors seem to have a little factory, turning out book after (mediocre) book. Yet I come across a book I really enjoy and there's only one other by the author. Boo hiss!
This is a rather well-constructed story. Lots of ins-and-outs. It just wasn't my kind of story. I'm rather down on stories that revolve around homophobia. I'm also kind of negative on stories that dwell on evil and/or weak people. While it was well written, it just wasn't my kind of read.
Dec 23, 2014 Dreamer marked it as to-read-under-50-ratings  ·  review of another edition
Free today 27th Dec 2012 on
I first got acquainted with Rob Kaufman's work when I read his other novel, One Last Lie, which was brilliant and heartbreaking.
I wanted to wait with reading this book fr two reasons: the first was that I was afraid I wouldn't like In the Shadow of Stone nearly as much as One Last Lie and feel disappointed over it, and the second was that I didn't want the book to be equally great and thus sentence me to a long period of waiting till the next piece of work by Kaufman would be published. It turns
What a great story!!! Totally unpredictable and like nothing else I've ever read. It's one of those books that keeps you turning the pages because you can't figure out what's going to happen next, but you NEED TO KNOW. Excellent read from this first time author. I read he's working on another one. Stay tuned!
Also available in Kindle format This is another great book by Rob Kaufman. Twists and turns, love and deception make it a book you won't want to put down.
Vfields is fighting to be Happy!
I can't figure out why but I did not like this book. It just rubbed me the wrong way.
Jeffrey Richards
Jeffrey Richards marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Dee marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Carlos marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Marla marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Paula Adams
Paula Adams marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Jani Rich
Jani Rich marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Lawrence marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Connie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Darlene marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Claire marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Marla marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Casey marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Christine Terrell
Christine Terrell marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Jean Coldwell
Jean Coldwell marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Malinda marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Kendall marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Linda Strong
Linda Strong marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
As a child, Rob was always fascinated by the stories recited by those around him and the words used to tell them. As he got older, his need to tell his own stories grew, as did his ability to share them in exciting and captivating ways.

However, he wanted to share more than just stories. His primary desire was to create characters with whom people could relate, while at the same time bringing them
More about Rob Kaufman...