In the Shadow of Stone

In the Shadow of Stone

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  7 reviews
As Jack Fontaine’s sister, Dana, lies dying in a cold hospital room, she pleads with him to fulfill her final wish: keep the DVD she’s made for her only daughter, Jenna, safe and give it to her in ten years, on her eighteenth birthday. “The DVD is for Jenna’s eyes only. No matter what, she should be the only one to see it,” Dana says, closing her eyes for the last time. Pu...more
Published July 28th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

Ajax1978
Very enjoyable with some twists that were definitely unexpected and in one case, a little unwelcome. I had hopes that one character would get his redemption but turns out, maybe his redemption came in death? I will absolutely buy Kaufman's other book after reading this one, and hope that he writes more. Some authors seem to have a little factory, turning out book after (mediocre) book. Yet I come across a book I really enjoy and there's only one other by the author. Boo hiss!
GymGuy
This is a rather well-constructed story. Lots of ins-and-outs. It just wasn't my kind of story. I'm rather down on stories that revolve around homophobia. I'm also kind of negative on stories that dwell on evil and/or weak people. While it was well written, it just wasn't my kind of read.
Dreamer
Dec 27, 2012 Dreamer marked it as to-read-less-than-50-ratings  ·  review of another edition
Free today 27th Dec 2012 on Amazon.co.uk
Caro
I first got acquainted with Rob Kaufman's work when I read his other novel, One Last Lie, which was brilliant and heartbreaking.
I wanted to wait with reading this book fr two reasons: the first was that I was afraid I wouldn't like In the Shadow of Stone nearly as much as One Last Lie and feel disappointed over it, and the second was that I didn't want the book to be equally great and thus sentence me to a long period of waiting till the next piece of work by Kaufman would be published. It turns...more
Bianca
What a great story!!! Totally unpredictable and like nothing else I've ever read. It's one of those books that keeps you turning the pages because you can't figure out what's going to happen next, but you NEED TO KNOW. Excellent read from this first time author. I read he's working on another one. Stay tuned!
Dan
Also available in Kindle format This is another great book by Rob Kaufman. Twists and turns, love and deception make it a book you won't want to put down.
Vfields is happy!
I can't figure out why but I did not like this book. It just rubbed me the wrong way.
Smith Barney
Smith Barney marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Rusty Schaeffer
Rusty Schaeffer marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Ery
Ery added it
May 18, 2014
Angi
Angi marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Kate Aaron
Kate Aaron marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
grumpyoldbird
grumpyoldbird marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Cdmr9816
Cdmr9816 marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Mammarella
Mammarella marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Jason Huffman-black
Jason Huffman-black marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Blackandamber
Blackandamber marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Liz Lawson
Liz Lawson marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Bertrand Kristopher
Bertrand Kristopher marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Ann Roberts
Ann Roberts marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Tricia Ann G
Tricia Ann G marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The positive reaction to my second novel, "One Last Lie" has been amazing. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know how much my writing has impacted readers all over the world.

I've been hearing from people who tell me how much they've laughed... cried... and those who have wanted to kill Angela with their own bare hands. (Believe me, I did too!)

We had over 500 people enter the giveaway and...more
More about Rob Kaufman...
One Last Lie