Start by marking “Avengers vs. X-Men: X-Men Legacy” as Want to Read:
Avengers vs. X-Men: X-Men Legacy

Avengers vs. X-Men: X-Men Legacy (X-Men, Volume II #55)

Avengers She-Hulk, Falcon and Moon Knight are tasked with securing the Jean Grey School — but Rogue and her team of X-Men aren’t too happy about it!

Then, as the war between the Avengers and the X-Men rages on, Frenzy’s past is revealed — and Rogue confronts hers head-on as she battles Ms. Marvel in a clash that will leave one woman with a changed allegiance!

Plus: Trapped
Published April 30th 2013 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Avengers vs. X-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers vs. X-Men

Derek
I have mixed Feelings about his volume. Some bits of it were genius, some were pretty derivative and mediocre. I mean, the fight between with the Avengers? and then the splitting of the Phoenix spirit into five? Rogue's arbitrator role in the alien fighting between the Vray and those critter like hive-minders? All of it could be... more intense, or less predictable.
Overall, I think the best part of it all was Rogue finally getting her shit together, finally taking steps to gain her own independ
Shannon Appelcline
May 07, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
At War (266-267). The lead story is a little annoying for how massively stupid the Avengers are in not realizing they’re going to cause problems. However it’s a really nice look at Rogue’s characters, carried off well through the two issues [7/10].

Frenzy (268). I wasn’t too enthused by the start of this issue, but as we got deeper into Joanne’s backstory and character as the story went on, I became enthralled. I loved how both Carey and Gage have dealt with Frenzy, and fear she’s going to get lo
Mike
Jan 08, 2013 Mike rated it it was ok
My review will be spotty as I'm reading this interleaved with the rest of the Avengers vs. X-Men event books.

Ah Mr. Gage, it's comforting to see you so consistent. Dialogue is stilted and ham fisted, sounds like nothing people would actually say to each other. Gotta admit though, it's fun seeing level-headed Rogue throw down once in a while A especially with She-Hulk.

The plot here is what you typically get when the mainline event comics don't give these second-class books (that's right, now that
Maddsurgeon
Mar 20, 2014 Maddsurgeon rated it liked it
Like that this run focuses mainly on Rogue, who's one of my favorite X-Men. Gage gets her complexity and her charm, and most of the plot seems to fit right into the overarching theme of the big crossover. There's also a great deal of humor, which is always welcome.

What seems awkward and out of place is a few issues where Rogue is sent to another dimension (by the Phoenix-Force-possessed Magik) and has to solve a big crisis there that is fairly predictable, and doesn't have a lot to do with the m
Ryan
Jul 23, 2013 Ryan rated it liked it
Shelves: justok
I need to review this quick because in about a week I will have forgotten what it was about. Nothing too terribly interesting happens. There are three main parts. The first part is the A Vs. X tie-in. It's actually the best. There are some cool superhero fights and some characters from the Jean Grey School. The second part is terrible. A small child could have written it while playing with toys in the bathtub. There are two alien races that no one could ever care about, and Rogue. They talk and ...more
Jeff Harris
Nov 28, 2015 Jeff Harris rated it liked it
Shelves: x-men, graphic-novels
This is the X-Men Legacy point-of-view to what was happening during Avengers vs. X-Men. The part that included Rogue's team facing off with She-Hulk, Moon Knight, and Falcon was entertaining enough, and it definitely made sense who was responsible for instigating the actual physical portions of the confrontation. The middle portion of this graphic novel was a solo adventure by Rogue on another planet or in another dimension or something... really, it wasn't all that inspired, and Mike Carey did ...more
Chris Lemmerman
This volume of X-Men Legacy starts very strongly, and ends very strongly. It's the middle that lets it down. The first story has the Avengers come to the Jean Grey School and cause trouble, before Rogue gets involved in the conflict in her own special way. It's when she ends up in another dimension that the story drags for three issues in the middle, and becomes a slog to read. The volume ends well however with the final two issues dealing with Rogue's journey coming full circle and her ...more
Aaron Swensen
Jun 21, 2013 Aaron Swensen rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Most of the book was a miss, except for "Planet Rogue" issues #271-273. It was sort like a Planet Hulk type of situation. Fun read. The AvX issues sucked (#266-270), and the last part of the book, issues #274 & 275 were a nice little wrap up to the series with Rogue as the leader. If I were to collect this, I would only collect #271-273, though the last 2 issue are meant to conclude the happenings in #264 and #265. Issue #270 sets up why Rogue is where she is, but isn't at all necessary to ...more
Fraser Sherman
Nov 07, 2015 Fraser Sherman rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
2.5 stars. Graphic novels tied in to big events usually flop for me when read out of sequence, post-event. This one is frequently confusing (a lot of events are happening in other books but impacting this one) but as the focus is Rogue's personal arc—her history as a criminal, her present status as a hero—it works reasonably well. However the three issues where Rogue gets sucked into an alien world for sword-and-planet adventures are depressingly generic, and serve purely to pad out the length.
***Dave Hill
Jun 10, 2013 ***Dave Hill rated it liked it
Shelves: illustrated
I dropped out of a lot of X-titles, including Legacy, in the past few years, as they began to resume being soap operas as overwrought as anything Chris Claremont ever did in his later years. As a result, though, I missed this particular run, during the AvX saga, focused on Rogue and her relationship with Ms Marvel. It's overall good character-building stuff, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Well done.
Alex Sarll
Gage is nobody's idea of comics' greatest writer, but he's usually entertaining enough. And even the worst crossovers (one of which this surely was) can generate fun stories out of the focus-grouped limelight, in marginal books such as this. But aside from one rather sweet issue wrapping up Rogue's relationship with Magneto, this is woeful - it opens with some rote hero versus hero smackdowns, before moving on to a Planet Hulk retread laden with creaky subtext.
JJ
Jul 03, 2013 JJ rated it liked it
Ah Rogue how I love you. So Rogue beats the crap out of the She Hulk. Do you really need another reason to read this? If you don't know what is going on with the whole division of the Phoenix Force or Wolverine and Beast getting pissed then you might be a tad bit lost. This collection jumps around a lot in the second half but is still awesome. Dialogue is a bit basic and you don't get a ton of great wit but maybe that is because Beast is only on two pages and never speaks.
Amélie
Jan 05, 2014 Amélie rated it really liked it
It's an excellent conclusion to the series, and a much better take on AVX than the original AVX itself (in my opinion). I loved Frenzy's story, it really fitted well there. The main storyline featuring Rogue was also a great one, I really liked the whole metaphor thing going on, usually these kind of stories don't convince me but somehow this one did.

Now I really have to find what comes next...
Jase
Jul 03, 2013 Jase rated it it was ok
The art wasn't great and the story only tied in partially to the AvX series. Overall, I skimmed it mostly and came up with it was boring. I really hate Rogue and she wasn't bad in this arc but I still won't pick up anything soon with her in it.
Jenna
Aug 12, 2014 Jenna rated it liked it
Kind of surprised that the Avengers would act as they did, but I suppose this is in a time of war and strain, etc. Felt there was too much of a jump that didn't cover the Phoenix saga, so I still need to find the right book to find out what happens exactly!
Renata
Sep 02, 2014 Renata rated it really liked it
I haven't read all of AvX and I probably don't care enough to read all of it tbh, but this volume made enough sense on its own that I enjoyed it a lot. It's Rogue-centric, and it's Rogue at her best--funny, tough, and just. I especially loved her with Ms. Marvel.
Laurel
Sep 10, 2013 Laurel rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel-comics
This was a decent book, but not excellent. Rogue repeats herself far too much and the storyline in a few arcs is way to predictable. However, I enjoyed Rogue and Magneto as well as Rogue taking on a team of Avengers. I can understand her feelings. The art was good enough superhero art.
Frans Karlsson
Aug 10, 2016 Frans Karlsson rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-xmen
A tie-in to AvX. Rogue is sent away to another world by Magik when she sees how evil she is becoming. Magneto and Rogue also decide what to do about their relationship.
Mike Keskeys
Mike Keskeys rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Marcin Budziński
Marcin Budziński rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Jolinda Powell
Jolinda Powell rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Garrett Roney
Garrett Roney rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Bernard
Bernard rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2013
Jonas Magnusson
Jonas Magnusson rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2015
Polis Stavrou
Polis Stavrou rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2013
David Borgström
David Borgström rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2016
  • X-Men: Battle of the Atom
  • Uncanny X-Men: The Extremists
  • Wolverine and the X-Men, Volume 3
  • X-Men Legacy, Volume 1: Prodigal
Chris Gage is a writer for comic books and television.
More about Christos Gage...

X-Men, Volume II (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • X-Men: Mutant Genesis