Start by marking “Raven (Delirium, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Raven (Delirium, #2.5)

Raven (Delirium #2.5)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  8,761 ratings  ·  616 reviews
This captivating story set in the world of Lauren Oliver’s New York Times bestselling Delirium series focuses on Raven, the fiery leader of a rebel group in the Wilds.

As a teenager, Raven made the split-second decision to flee across the border to the Wilds, compelled to save an abandoned newborn—a baby girl left for dead and already blue from the cold. When she and the ba
Published March 5th 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
35th out of 490 books — 955 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
284th out of 1,523 books — 10,305 voters

More lists with this book...

Alice
MAJOR spoilers in this review! Actually, I think this whole review is one big spoiler. You've been warned.

OMG WHY!?!?!?!?!

RaVeN! No. No, no, no, NO!

I love Raven so much and I was super sad about Raven's death in Requiem but this short story just heightened my feelings! I always thought Tack and Raven made a good duo, and it wasn't really a surprise to me to find out that they were actually a couple, but after this story, I ship them so hard...SO HARD!

description

And then to find out she was pregnant when sh
Shar
So, I just finished reading this. I finished reading "Requiem" before I dived into this short story, and I don't know if that was a good idea? *cries*

Anyways, on to the technical aspects of this story, Lauren Oliver captivates and gives you a different side to the tough "Raven" you're used to in Pandemonium and Requiem. You see a girl whose past is bleaker than she let on in her piece of information revealed to Lena in Pandemonium, and you see a girl who dealt with an abusive childhood all her l
Marianna Neal
Out of the three Delirium stories, Raven is definitely my favorite. Unlike a lot of Pandemonium readers, I didn’t initially fall in love with this character. She confused me and, at times, she annoyed me, but most of all I didn’t understand who she was and why. Now, however, after reading Raven, I do understand and she is one of my favorite characters.

Told from Raven’s point of view, the story flips back and forth between the time she just escaped to the Wilds and current events, particularly sa
Gaby
Raven is perfection!

It tells a wonderful story. At first, it never really occured to me to have Raven's Pov, but after reading this, I can honestly say it was perfect.

Truthfuly, there were some moments I just wanted to burst into crying (just as in any other book from Lauren Oliver). It LITERALY breaks your heart and makes you want to roll into a bundle and cry. Cry for the hardships, the failures, basically for everything they've been through. It drops a bomb involving Raven pretty early in the
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

Even though I've never particularly liked the worldbuilding, plot and characters in the Delirium series, there's something about the books that I can't get enough of. I think it's probably just one of those bad series that you can't help but be addicted to.
Anyway, I genuinely liked Raven's novella. There was quite a lot of stuff covered in such a short story - Raven's history and relationship with Tack/Blue/her parents, her role in the Resistance and the reasons why she is th
Brooke
I wish I had read this before I read Requiem. If I were to make a recommendation, I would probably say you should definitely read this in order. Then again, had I read it first I would have been really annoyed. And this is why, because there is stuff that happens in Raven's story that is not at all addressed in Requiem. And that is just so annoying to me. Why would Oliver put this stuff out there and then not do anything at all with it?
If you have not read Pandemonium, there are spoilers below,

4.5/5 stars

It's sort of interesting to read this book after Requiem (#3) considering all that happened in that book. But I am loving this ebook.

It goes back and forth between the past (when Raven first arrived in the Wilds) to the present (including parts of Pandemonium that we now see from Raven's POV).

I had read the two other novellas in the Delirium series (Hana and Annabel). But for some reason I did not get around to reading Raven before reading book 3 (Requiem).

I wish that somebody had tol
Lady
"Alone. I’d been alone my whole life.... Then he kissed me. He leaned over and just touched his lips to mine........, and I knew then that I would not be so alone anymore."

Didnt expect the ending. Nice.
Colyflawer
Son 77 pagina y son buenísimas, me las leí en menos de una hora y que puedo decir, quiero mas, nunca me gusto mucho Raven por que encontraba que era demasiado fría con Lena y que siempre ocultaba algo y bueno ahora se los por que y quiero a Raven, en serio y llore con su historia, llore con su vida, llore por su amor y por todo lo que vive.

Tack siempre fue el que mas ayudo a Lena y siempre le daba claves para que ella saliera adelante, antes lo quería pero ahora lo amo.

El final de Raven y Tack e
Michele at A Belle's Tales
I’m always a stickler for reading books in order -- including their novellas -- but it was really hard to keep myself from diving into Requiem first. Especially because Raven wasn’t exactly one of my favorite characters. I’ve said it before, but so many times it’s true: the book you expect to like the least will end up being the one you love the most. Raven was my favorite of the novellas from The Delirium Series. I have a whole new opinion of this head-strong, fiery character; and her relations ...more
Oksana
‘Raven’ is yet another short novel inside of the ‘Delirium’ series by Lauren Oliver, and this one tells a background story of Raven, one of the prominent characters of the second book ‘Pandemonium’.

Anyone who is familiar with the series knows, that these books are about a Dystopian futuristic world, where love and any affections are considered a disease preventing the society’s proper functioning. So every citizen at the age of 18 has to undergo a cure to get rid of the virus called Amor Deliria
Lena Warner
{INCLUDES SPOILERS FROM REQUIEM}
This is definitely my favourite novella by Lauren Oliver!

I never liked Raven as a character. She was mean and moody, ya know.
But I loved reading about Raven. About her dreams, running off together with Tack. Having lots of children. Her first child would be called Blue.

But she NEVER GOT THE CHANCE! (brb let me just cry in a corner)

The ending. Just.
Why does Lauren Oliver always choose to kill us with her endings?

She was gonna have a baby!

Asdfghjkl.

Another thing I l
Carol [Goodreads addict]
This was a very short little novella about Raven concentrating on two events. First, she talks about when she first went to the wilds with the brand new baby she had found, Blue. We had first heard about her finding the baby when she told Lena about it but this time she is talking about her life right after she crossed into the Wilds. Then, she is talking about the day she and Tack save Lena and Julian from the surgical center when Lena had gone to rescue Julian. Up until now I was sort of on th ...more
Carie
I enjoyed this look from Raven’s POV. It explained some things I was wondering about, gave more insight into her thoughts/feelings, and provided more details on Raven and Tack’s relationship. And, I liked the exciting revelations :) One thing I would have liked to know that wasn’t in this novella is why on earth (view spoiler) ...more
Makii
Es dificil leer esta historia cuando uno sabe como termina todo en Requiem y todas las cosas que suceden.
Pero también, nos permite conocer mas del pasado y la historia de vida de un personaje importante como es Raven. Su historia familiar, su amor por Blue, la lucha con la resistencia y su amor por Tack.
Me duele mas después de leer esto.
i.
I must confess I don't usually read the novellas that are sometimes part of a saga, I don't find them interesting . So far the only exception I have made is this saga, Delirium has captivated me and the novellas are just as good as the books, which is not the case most of the times.

Lauren Oliver manages to develop the characters that have appeared on her novels and make them more understandable .Her previous novellas Hana and Annabel are a must , it is not possible to know the motivations of the
Char
Words fail me so...

description

PS. I was listening to this song when I reached the end of the novella.
So yeah. That did not help.
Ivanny Fuller
QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Ahora odio más el final de Requiem.
Steph
Raven? As in one of the few redeeming parts of Pandemonium? Count me in.
Katy
Eh, I had no feelings for this novella - one way or the other.
Danielle (is feeling overwhelmed)
Updated:
And it's really over...if I thought Requiem was going to leave me with PTSD then Raven may have just tipped me over the edge. I am bereft. This world, this amazing wonderfully crafted world Ms Oliver has chosen to share with us is over.

This story was my favourite of all the novellas and quite possibly is higher than Requiem! The story of Raven and Tack, a quiet unassuming love, no wild declarations, no breathless pleas of "I can't live without you" just pure, deep, mature love.

The event
K
I really enjoyed this novella. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Raven was never one of my favourite characters from the series. I can`t quite pinpoint why but I just never was a huge fan of hers but I loved to read the story of Blue through her eyes. Through Lena`s eyes I found that both she and Tack seemed so old and it was nice to experience the youth of her mind and to really see the inner workings of her and Tack`s relationship.

I was a little worried when I first pic
Kiersten
I am seriously a sucker for these Delirium short stories, especially when they're always about such interesting characters! Raven gave so much insight into her character. Even though she's present in the other books, you don't get to see much of her past. In the short, you find out about when she first came to the Wilds, how she met Tack, and what happened when she rescued Lena and Julian. This story, for me, gave Raven a more human side - her suffering was more evident. (view spoiler) ...more
Erleen (Books For YA!)
For more of my reviews, visit Books For YA!

We met Raven back in Pandemonium when she saved Lena's life after she escaped to the Wilds and we all know that she was one of the tough female leaders of the Resistance. In this novella you will further understand who she really is and what she had been through to become the person she is now.

"There are no happy endings, only breaks in the regular action"

Raven had a hard time in her few months stay in the Wilds. She need not only have to adapt to her n
Nadia
I never got attached to Raven, probably because she's just way too strong which I'm not and has this leadership quality which I seriously lack, may be I'm just jealous.

This is Raven's back story and features her love for Tack and Blue (Which you already know from the blurb so what's the point of talking about it?). I loved the first few opening sentences, as followed -

1)Never wipe your butt with poison ivy.

2)People a
Rachel
I absolutely LOVED reading this book from Raven's POV! I finished this series awhile ago, but this novella pulled me right back into the world of The Wilds. I wish I had read this immediately following Pandemonium, because it was so cool to see the scene with Julian from Raven and Tack's POV. I loved getting a glance into Raven's past, and the struggles she faced prior to entering the Homestead. All around this was a great addition to the series.

Now on to Annabel!
Janel
Read it for the first time and said "um okay?"
Read it for the second time and it turned to be breath-taking as always.

Lauren Oliver sure knows how to leave readers in awe. She is telling you a story about love but gives just the slightest tinge of it and leaves you with the rest to discover and indulge upon. Love how she goes back and forth the story of Raven, my favorite character of the series, in different dimensions. Love how Oliver gradually adds dimensions to the world that she created thr
Amy Hamman
I'm starting to like these more and more....It gives a back story and a more in-depth look at the characters. I liked Raven in the Delirium books, but this made me fall in love with her. She’s just how I wanted her to be.
Brooke
This was my least favorite of the delirium stories. I thought the back and forth story telling was confusing. Annabel was the best for sure out of all these!!
Trina
Raven, in my opinion, is the best of the Delirium short stories. The fault in Hana (to me) was that we had already read that story from a different view and she didn't add much to it other than the last line. The fault in Annabel (to me) was that is was released after the second book, but took place before the first book. It wasn't the information I wanted about Annabel when something so big had just happened with her in the present. Raven, however, was released right on time. It's a perfect ins ...more
The YA Dystopian ...: #2.5 - Raven - Spoiler Thread 1 11 Sep 30, 2013 11:08AM
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5)
  • Isolation (Partials Sequence #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Spore: The 3rd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.5)
  • Origins: The Fire (MILA 2.0, #0.5)
  • Hare Moon (The Forest of Hands and Teeth)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • The Seeds of Wither (The Chemical Garden #1.5)
Lauren Oliver comes from a family of writers and so has always (mistakenly) believed that spending hours in front of the computer every day, mulling over the difference between “chortling” and “chuckling,” is normal. She has always been an avid reader.

She attended the University of Chicago, where she continued to be as impractical as possible by majoring in philosophy and literature. After colleg
More about Lauren Oliver...
Delirium (Delirium, #1) Before I Fall Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) Requiem (Delirium, #3) Panic

“There are no happy endings, only breaks in the regular action.” 18 likes
“Here are the top three things I’ve learned in my twenty-two years on the planet:

1. Never wipe your butt with poison ivy.

2. People are like ants: Just a few of them give all the orders. And most of them spend their lives getting squashed.

3. There are no happy endings, only breaks in the regular action.

Of all of them, number three is really the only one you have to keep in mind”
15 likes