Start by marking “Raven (Delirium, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Raven (Delirium, #2.5)

Raven (Delirium #2.5)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  11,324 Ratings  ·  725 Reviews
This captivating story set in the world of Lauren Oliver’s New York Times bestselling Delirium series focuses on Raven, the fiery leader of a rebel group in the Wilds.

Published March 5th 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiGlitches by Marissa MeyerHana by Lauren OliverSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
35th out of 609 books — 1,138 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Elite by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2013
288th out of 1,520 books — 10,846 voters

More lists with this book...

Alice
Jun 28, 2013 Alice rated it it was amazing
MAJOR spoilers in this review! Actually, I think this whole review is one big spoiler. You've been warned.

OMG WHY!?!?!?!?!

RaVeN! No. No, no, no, NO!

I love Raven so much and I was super sad about Raven's death in Requiem but this short story just heightened my feelings! I always thought Tack and Raven made a good duo, and it wasn't really a surprise to me to find out that they were actually a couple, but after this story, I ship them so hard...SO HARD!

description

And then to find out she was pregnant when sh
Shar
Mar 09, 2013 Shar rated it really liked it
So, I just finished reading this. I finished reading "Requiem" before I dived into this short story, and I don't know if that was a good idea? *cries*

Anyways, on to the technical aspects of this story, Lauren Oliver captivates and gives you a different side to the tough "Raven" you're used to in Pandemonium and Requiem. You see a girl whose past is bleaker than she let on in her piece of information revealed to Lena in Pandemonium, and you see a girl who dealt with an abusive childhood all her l
Michelle Bet
Dec 22, 2014 Michelle Bet rated it liked it
"Las personas son como las hormigas: Sólo unos pocos dan las órdenes. Y la mayoría, pasan sus vidas siendo aplastadas."

A Raven, siendo sincera, no le había tomado mucho cariño en Pandemonium, en Réquiem logré quererla. Pero, aquí, en su propio libro (que de nuevo se me hace demasiado corto, Oliver) aprendí a amarla.
Odié lo que pasó con ella en Réquiem, pero ahora, DIOS AHORA, todo mi cuerpo está lleno de ira, mi corazón está totalmente destruido. ¿Por qué Lauren Oliver me hace esto? (view spo
Marianna Neal
Out of the three Delirium stories, Raven is definitely my favorite. Unlike a lot of Pandemonium readers, I didn’t initially fall in love with this character. She confused me and, at times, she annoyed me, but most of all I didn’t understand who she was and why. Now, however, after reading Raven, I do understand and she is one of my favorite characters.

Told from Raven’s point of view, the story flips back and forth between the time she just escaped to the Wilds and current events, particularly sa
Elisa
Mar 20, 2015 Elisa rated it it was amazing

WHY, LAUREN OLIVER, WHYYYYY

I love Raven. I loved her since the first chapters of Pandemonium.
Strong, courageous, loyal, tough: she’s a true leader. But behind all of this, behind the impenetrable wall she built up around herself, there is more. This short story gives us the opportunity to go behind that tough facade and get to know the Raven who loves, who suffers, who can be scared or worried.

Through her monologue, Raven reveals her feelings, her story, including her abusive past, and her perso
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Dec 18, 2013 Brooke (The Cover Contessa) rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian
I wish I had read this before I read Requiem. If I were to make a recommendation, I would probably say you should definitely read this in order. Then again, had I read it first I would have been really annoyed. And this is why, because there is stuff that happens in Raven's story that is not at all addressed in Requiem. And that is just so annoying to me. Why would Oliver put this stuff out there and then not do anything at all with it?
If you have not read Pandemonium, there are spoilers below,
Gaby
Mar 09, 2013 Gaby rated it it was amazing
Raven is perfection!

It tells a wonderful story. At first, it never really occured to me to have Raven's Pov, but after reading this, I can honestly say it was perfect.

Truthfuly, there were some moments I just wanted to burst into crying (just as in any other book from Lauren Oliver). It LITERALY breaks your heart and makes you want to roll into a bundle and cry. Cry for the hardships, the failures, basically for everything they've been through. It drops a bomb involving Raven pretty early in the
Ferdy
Mar 09, 2013 Ferdy rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - Spoilers

Even though I've never particularly liked the worldbuilding, plot and characters in the Delirium series, there's something about the books that I can't get enough of. I think it's probably just one of those bad series that you can't help but be addicted to.
Anyway, I genuinely liked Raven's novella. There was quite a lot of stuff covered in such a short story - Raven's history and relationship with Tack/Blue/her parents, her role in the Resistance and the reasons why she is th
Michele at A Belle's Tales
Apr 08, 2013 Michele at A Belle's Tales rated it it was amazing
I’m always a stickler for reading books in order -- including their novellas -- but it was really hard to keep myself from diving into Requiem first. Especially because Raven wasn’t exactly one of my favorite characters. I’ve said it before, but so many times it’s true: the book you expect to like the least will end up being the one you love the most. Raven was my favorite of the novellas from The Delirium Series. I have a whole new opinion of this head-strong, fiery character; and her relations ...more
Jun 15, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it

4.5/5 stars

It's sort of interesting to read this book after Requiem (#3) considering all that happened in that book. But I am loving this ebook.

It goes back and forth between the past (when Raven first arrived in the Wilds) to the present (including parts of Pandemonium that we now see from Raven's POV).

I had read the two other novellas in the Delirium series (Hana and Annabel). But for some reason I did not get around to reading Raven before reading book 3 (Requiem).

I wish that somebody had tol
Clau R.
Jun 30, 2015 Clau R. rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, my-feels
OMG. I'm in tears right now...

[REQUIEM AND RAVEN SPOILERS BELOW]

I read this story AFTER Requiem and I'm so sad right now, literally, the last page of this story made me cry. I mean, in Requiem it was sad to see Raven die (or at least I think she died, but I really hope I'm wrong), but then I read this book and all my feels exploded, really, I couldn't stop the tears. Poor Raven! Poor Tack!

I think that, by far, this is the little Delirium story I like more (I still have to read Alex story). I lo
Erika
Jan 23, 2016 Erika rated it it was amazing
There's just so much to know about and be chuffed for.
Antonella
"Estas son las tres cosas más importantes que he aprendido en mis veintidós años en el planeta:
1. Nunca te limpies el trasero con hiedra venenosa.
2. Las personas son como las hormigas: solo unos pocos dan las órdenes. Y la mayoría pasan sus vidas siendo aplastadas.
3. No hay finales felices, solo grietas en la acción regular.
De todas ellas, la número tres es realmente la única que tienes que tener en cuenta"

Me encantó Raven en Pandemonium y agradezco haber conocido más sus relación con Tack y
Lady
Apr 28, 2014 Lady rated it liked it
"Alone. I’d been alone my whole life.... Then he kissed me. He leaned over and just touched his lips to mine........, and I knew then that I would not be so alone anymore."

Didnt expect the ending. Nice.
Shahad takleef
Nov 25, 2015 Shahad takleef rated it really liked it
nice novella
the thought that there would be a little baby named blue is really thrilling
i was so sad that she died , little blue
not that she was an important character
not that i read much about her to feel that sad

but to think what raven may have felt by then
to leave her little girl "the one that she once sacrificed everything for" die and to leave her body somewhere in the wilds , unburied covered by snow , its horrible

i wish raven wouldnt die by the end of this story
or lose tack or her baby
a
Nicole
Oct 30, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
Son 77 pagina y son buenísimas, me las leí en menos de una hora y que puedo decir, quiero mas, nunca me gusto mucho Raven por que encontraba que era demasiado fría con Lena y que siempre ocultaba algo y bueno ahora se los por que y quiero a Raven, en serio y llore con su historia, llore con su vida, llore por su amor y por todo lo que vive.

Tack siempre fue el que mas ayudo a Lena y siempre le daba claves para que ella saliera adelante, antes lo quería pero ahora lo amo.

El final de Raven y Tack e
Oksana
‘Raven’ is yet another short novel inside of the ‘Delirium’ series by Lauren Oliver, and this one tells a background story of Raven, one of the prominent characters of the second book ‘Pandemonium’.

Anyone who is familiar with the series knows, that these books are about a Dystopian futuristic world, where love and any affections are considered a disease preventing the society’s proper functioning. So every citizen at the age of 18 has to undergo a cure to get rid of the virus called Amor Deliria
Lena Warner
May 21, 2013 Lena Warner rated it it was amazing
{INCLUDES SPOILERS FROM REQUIEM}
This is definitely my favourite novella by Lauren Oliver!

I never liked Raven as a character. She was mean and moody, ya know.
But I loved reading about Raven. About her dreams, running off together with Tack. Having lots of children. Her first child would be called Blue.

But she NEVER GOT THE CHANCE! (brb let me just cry in a corner)

The ending. Just.
Why does Lauren Oliver always choose to kill us with her endings?

She was gonna have a baby!

Asdfghjkl.

Another thing I l
Celine Dubeau
Dec 27, 2015 Celine Dubeau rated it really liked it
The best novella of the Delirium series! I love the time lapses of Raven's life before the Wilds, her introduction to the new life, meeting Tack and her perspective of saving Julien.

Out of all the novella's this one felt like it had the biggest impact on the rest of the series since Raven is such a private person.

I'm so happy I finally decided to read this! Now I want to re-read the whole Delirium series again.
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Nov 18, 2015 Carol [Goodreads Addict] rated it really liked it
This was a very short little novella about Raven concentrating on two events. First, she talks about when she first went to the wilds with the brand new baby she had found, Blue. We had first heard about her finding the baby when she told Lena about it but this time she is talking about her life right after she crossed into the Wilds. Then, she is talking about the day she and Tack save Lena and Julian from the surgical center when Lena had gone to rescue Julian. Up until now I was sort of on th ...more
Carie
Mar 05, 2013 Carie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this look from Raven’s POV. It explained some things I was wondering about, gave more insight into her thoughts/feelings, and provided more details on Raven and Tack’s relationship. And, I liked the exciting revelations :) One thing I would have liked to know that wasn’t in this novella is why on earth (view spoiler) ...more
Kierra
Loved Raven. Hated the book.

I thought maybe in this one Lauren Oliver will add something worthy.

Nope :(
Publisher/Year: Harper Collins 3.5/13
Length: 46 pages
Series: Delirium #2.5

Overview

As a teenager, Raven made the split-second decision to flee across the border to the Wilds, compelled to save an abandoned newborn—a baby girl left for dead and already blue from the cold. When she and the baby are taken in by a band of rebels, Raven finds herself an outsider within a tight-knit group. The only other newcomer is an untrustworthy boy known as the Thief until he final
Makii
Mar 10, 2013 Makii rated it really liked it
Es dificil leer esta historia cuando uno sabe como termina todo en Requiem y todas las cosas que suceden.
Pero también, nos permite conocer mas del pasado y la historia de vida de un personaje importante como es Raven. Su historia familiar, su amor por Blue, la lucha con la resistencia y su amor por Tack.
Me duele mas después de leer esto.
i.
Feb 22, 2014 i. rated it liked it
I must confess I don't usually read the novellas that are sometimes part of a saga, I don't find them interesting . So far the only exception I have made is this saga, Delirium has captivated me and the novellas are just as good as the books, which is not the case most of the times.

Lauren Oliver manages to develop the characters that have appeared on her novels and make them more understandable .Her previous novellas Hana and Annabel are a must , it is not possible to know the motivations of the
Karem Gutierrez
Aug 20, 2015 Karem Gutierrez rated it really liked it
This is my favorite one of the short stories amshsjsh it was really interesting to read Raven's memories and thoughts and read about her relationship with Tack, it was beautiful. I really liked it!
Thelizz16
Jan 10, 2015 Thelizz16 rated it really liked it
Nechápu, proč byl na konci zase ten Hanny příběh s Jenny a Leny příběh s listím (Je v každý týhle doplňkový knize), ale tak proč ne že:D Díkybohu, že ta Raven vyprávěla něco novýho:D:O (y)
ily
SPOILERS A CONTINUACIÓN

Leí ésta historia corta justo al terminar Requiem. No ha hecho nada para hacer que mi dolor desapareciera, más bien lo ha avivado.

Raven estaba embarazada.
Raven muere.
Char
May 18, 2013 Char rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Words fail me so...

description

PS. I was listening to this song when I reached the end of the novella.
So yeah. That did not help.
Words Breathe Life: Raven 1 1 Feb 02, 2015 12:30PM
The YA Dystopian ...: #2.5 - Raven - Spoiler Thread 1 11 Sep 30, 2013 11:08AM
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Origins: The Fire (MILA 2.0, #0.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • The Seeds of Wither (The Chemical Garden #1.5)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Isolation (Partials Sequence, #0.5)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • Hare Moon (The Forest of Hands and Teeth #0.1)
  • Life Before Legend: Stories of the Criminal and the Prodigy (Legend, #0.5)
  • 'Til the World Ends (Blood of Eden, #0.5)
Lauren Oliver comes from a family of writers and so has always (mistakenly) believed that spending hours in front of the computer every day, mulling over the difference between “chortling” and “chuckling,” is normal. She has always been an avid reader.

She attended the University of Chicago, where she continued to be as impractical as possible by majoring in philosophy and literature. After colleg
More about Lauren Oliver...

Delirium (3 books)
  • Delirium (Delirium, #1)
  • Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
  • Requiem (Delirium, #3)

“There are no happy endings, only breaks in the regular action.” 19 likes
“Here are the top three things I’ve learned in my twenty-two years on the planet:

1. Never wipe your butt with poison ivy.

2. People are like ants: Just a few of them give all the orders. And most of them spend their lives getting squashed.

3. There are no happy endings, only breaks in the regular action.

Of all of them, number three is really the only one you have to keep in mind”
19 likes