Start by marking “Bold & Beautiful Easy-Sew Clothes: 15 Unstructured Designs That Fit and Flatter Every Shape, and Are Simple to Make” as Want to Read:

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Sew stylish separatesfeaturing swinging silhouettes that flatter every body type. The tunics, vests, dresses, jackets, and skirtsare both easy and comfortable to wear, and withone-size-fits-all constructionthey are easily made up andadaptable to makea look that suits you. Included areconcise instructions for getting the fit right, andchoosingfabrics, plusall the dressmakin ...more
Published April 2nd 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bold & Beautiful Easy-Sew Clothes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bold & Beautiful Easy-Sew Clothes

Autumn
May 24, 2013 Autumn rated it did not like it
Shelves: clothes, crafts
I like insane conceptual hobo wear as much or more than the next seamstress. But these joints are not easy sew. If anybody wants to make an elastic waist skirt with 24 pattern pieces, more power to them. YIPES!
Miki
Sep 04, 2013 Miki rated it did not like it
I fail to see how wearing random pieces of cloth will "Fit and Flatter Every Shape". This book has some of the most unattractive - not to mention just plain weird - clothing I've ever seen. The model is gorgeous but even she can't carry off these off-the-wall, off-the-charts, off-her-rocker designs. Most of them I wouldn't wear even around the house, much less out in public where someone might see me and ask "Did you make that yourself? For heaven's sake WHY??"
Msgypsy
Sep 01, 2013 Msgypsy rated it it was ok
The instructions in this book are clear and easy to read. The patterns are very well laid out and are undoubtedly easy to copy and enlarge. And this is all a shame because the clothes themselves are, IMHO, unattractive. It's not simply that they wouldn't work for my, admittedly large, body type. In the fabrics selected for the pictures in this book, they look ghastly on the model. I am certain that the designer had different fabrics in mind when she came up with the concept. In traditional Turki ...more
Andrea Marley
Jan 24, 2014 Andrea Marley rated it liked it
Artsy
Jen
Dec 31, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
I'm putting 4 stars as I have yet to actually MAKE anything from it. But the photography is awesome. The patterns/instruction look good. and I'm excited to delve into comfortable, unstructured clothing for 2014!
Nora
Jun 26, 2013 Nora rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
I prefer more tailored clothing, but it does have some good sewing tips & includes a cd with printable patterns.
Kayla Groening
Kayla Groening marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
linda hewett
linda hewett rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Andrea Tarpley
Andrea Tarpley rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Dawn Prom
Dawn Prom rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Mrs L Woods
Mrs L Woods rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Celia
Celia added it
Feb 24, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Deborah Adams
Deborah Adams rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Waspa Madhuretno
Waspa Madhuretno marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Shelly Sim
Shelly Sim marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
sherylboucher
sherylboucher marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Linda Armstrong
Linda Armstrong rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Vicki Perkins
Vicki Perkins rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2015
Kay
Kay rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Patricia Ragot
Patricia Ragot rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Erika Hill
Erika Hill rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
Jill Carroll
Jill Carroll rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2015