Start by marking “Bold & Beautiful Easy-Sew Clothes: 15 Unstructured Designs That Fit and Flatter Every Shape, and Are Simple to Make” as Want to Read:

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Sew stylish separatesfeaturing swinging silhouettes that flatter every body type. The tunics, vests, dresses, jackets, and skirtsare both easy and comfortable to wear, and withone-size-fits-all constructionthey are easily made up andadaptable to makea look that suits you. Included areconcise instructions for getting the fit right, andchoosingfabrics, plusall the dressmakin ...more
Published April 2nd 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bold & Beautiful Easy-Sew Clothes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bold & Beautiful Easy-Sew Clothes

Miki
I fail to see how wearing random pieces of cloth will "Fit and Flatter Every Shape". This book has some of the most unattractive - not to mention just plain weird - clothing I've ever seen. The model is gorgeous but even she can't carry off these off-the-wall, off-the-charts, off-her-rocker designs. Most of them I wouldn't wear even around the house, much less out in public where someone might see me and ask "Did you make that yourself? For heaven's sake WHY??"
Autumn
I like insane conceptual hobo wear as much or more than the next seamstress. But these joints are not easy sew. If anybody wants to make an elastic waist skirt with 24 pattern pieces, more power to them. YIPES!
Msgypsy
The instructions in this book are clear and easy to read. The patterns are very well laid out and are undoubtedly easy to copy and enlarge. And this is all a shame because the clothes themselves are, IMHO, unattractive. It's not simply that they wouldn't work for my, admittedly large, body type. In the fabrics selected for the pictures in this book, they look ghastly on the model. I am certain that the designer had different fabrics in mind when she came up with the concept. In traditional Turki ...more
Jen
I'm putting 4 stars as I have yet to actually MAKE anything from it. But the photography is awesome. The patterns/instruction look good. and I'm excited to delve into comfortable, unstructured clothing for 2014!
Nora
I prefer more tailored clothing, but it does have some good sewing tips & includes a cd with printable patterns.
Danucha
Danucha marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Nesya Neploch
Nesya Neploch marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Oct 10, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Satu
Satu added it
Sep 10, 2014
Derya
Derya marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Kalpana Udyawar
Kalpana Udyawar marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Deborah
Deborah is currently reading it
Sep 02, 2013