Start by marking “Terry's Gift (My Mother's Kitchen #2)” as Want to Read:
Terry's Gift (My Mother's Kitchen #2)

Terry's Gift (My Mother's Kitchen #1)

Some steel towns, like all small towns, have their secrets….
On a chilly Halloween night, nine-year-old Katie learns the shrouded mystery behind a creepy, old house in her neighborhood and that some things aren’t quite as they seem.
In Karen Malena’s autumn short story installment, pull up a chair and join the conversation with Kate and her mom over a warm slice of pumpkin p
ebook
Published October 9th 2012 by Helping Hands Press (first published September 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Terry's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terry's Gift

Sep 28, 2012 Dianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love, inzpirationa
Even though this is a short story, it is very inspirational. It shows that with faith in out hearts and the willingness to work hard, we can make our dreams come true.
Oct 28, 2012 Dianna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, inzpirationa
Though a short Story, it teaches a lesson. We should never judge a person. As stated In the story "everyone has a story". I firmly believe this. I have made that statement for years. We should not be afraid of people because they look differently. This was a very good read. It reminded me of some issues from my childhood.

Give it a try, you also may remember things from your childhood. Things that may not be good, but none the less
things we have experienced.
Dec 19, 2012 Dianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love, inzpirationa
Even though this story is about a very sad day in America's history, it gives hope. September 11th is a day none of us will ever forget. I can still remember what I was doing when I found out.

Mrs. Malena showed that the faith of the family involved proved to be fruitful. Their family member survived. Their prayers were answered.
Karen Vogel
Nov 05, 2012 Karen Vogel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore Karen Malena's writing style. Very heartfelt with imagery that sucks you into the story. Love this whole series.
Nov 24, 2012 Dianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, love
The story of a family's struggles from the old days until the present. Time are tough, but with love people are tougher. If we have family then no matter the situation love will help us to survive.

Good work, Karen.
Diana Montgomery
I really loved this story. Well written and kept me very interested in the story. A story of a ancestor. Pietro came to our country to make a better life for his family and self. A box of pictures found in the back of a closet. Looking at these pictures and putting a story with them. I look at pics and think the same thing I wonder what they was thinking or what they did. I would love to read the next volume. Well done Karen.
Feb 25, 2013 Dianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, love
In this last book of the series Mrs. Malena brings the stories from Vol. 1 through 5 full circle. Very good story and as an added plus re pies at the end. Keep up the good work.
Olivia
Olivia rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2012
Oct 21, 2012
Nov 10, 2012
Dec 15, 2012
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Tiffany Vergato
Tiffany Vergato rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2013
Olivia
Olivia rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2012
Nov 18, 2012
Karen Malena
Dec 19, 2012 Karen Malena rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Karen Malena
Sep 21, 2012 Karen Malena rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nov 10, 2012
Matt Magnone
Matt Magnone rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2012
Karen Malena
May 28, 2013 Karen Malena rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Karen Malena
Oct 20, 2012 Karen Malena rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Oct 07, 2012
Oct 21, 2012
Nov 13, 2012
Grace Yee
Grace Yee rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Do you believe in angels? 1 2 Nov 18, 2012 04:43AM
Hello everyone. I'm an avid reader from A-Z, I enjoy the classics such as Gone with The Wind and my all time favorite To Kill a Mockingbird. I also love Nicholas Sparks, Stephen King, Pat Conroy, Mitch Albom. You will also see me reading the Twilight saga and cat tales!
In the last several years, I began writing my own novels and blogs and became a published author in September of 2011.
I am a h
More about Karen Malena...