Start by marking “Terry's Gift (My Mother's Kitchen #2)” as Want to Read:
Terry's Gift (My Mother's Kitchen #2)

Terry's Gift (My Mother's Kitchen #1)

4.92 of 5 stars 4.92  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Some steel towns, like all small towns, have their secrets….
On a chilly Halloween night, nine-year-old Katie learns the shrouded mystery behind a creepy, old house in her neighborhood and that some things aren’t quite as they seem.
In Karen Malena’s autumn short story installment, pull up a chair and join the conversation with Kate and her mom over a warm slice of pumpkin p
ebook
Published October 9th 2012 by Helping Hands Press (first published September 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Terry's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terry's Gift

Dianna
Even though this is a short story, it is very inspirational. It shows that with faith in out hearts and the willingness to work hard, we can make our dreams come true.
Dianna
Though a short Story, it teaches a lesson. We should never judge a person. As stated In the story "everyone has a story". I firmly believe this. I have made that statement for years. We should not be afraid of people because they look differently. This was a very good read. It reminded me of some issues from my childhood.

Give it a try, you also may remember things from your childhood. Things that may not be good, but none the less
things we have experienced.
Dianna
Even though this story is about a very sad day in America's history, it gives hope. September 11th is a day none of us will ever forget. I can still remember what I was doing when I found out.

Mrs. Malena showed that the faith of the family involved proved to be fruitful. Their family member survived. Their prayers were answered.
Karen Vogel
I adore Karen Malena's writing style. Very heartfelt with imagery that sucks you into the story. Love this whole series.
Dianna
The story of a family's struggles from the old days until the present. Time are tough, but with love people are tougher. If we have family then no matter the situation love will help us to survive.

Good work, Karen.
Diana Montgomery
I really loved this story. Well written and kept me very interested in the story. A story of a ancestor. Pietro came to our country to make a better life for his family and self. A box of pictures found in the back of a closet. Looking at these pictures and putting a story with them. I look at pics and think the same thing I wonder what they was thinking or what they did. I would love to read the next volume. Well done Karen.
Dianna
In this last book of the series Mrs. Malena brings the stories from Vol. 1 through 5 full circle. Very good story and as an added plus re pies at the end. Keep up the good work.
Ben Starling
Ben Starling marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Niveditha
Niveditha marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Marie Buccellato
Marie Buccellato marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Carol Howell
Carol Howell marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Do you believe in angels? 1 2 Nov 18, 2012 04:43AM
Hello everyone. I'm an avid reader from A-Z, I enjoy the classics such as Gone with The Wind and my all time favorite To Kill a Mockingbird. I also love Nicholas Sparks, Stephen King, Pat Conroy, Mitch Albom. You will also see me reading the Twilight saga and cat tales!
In the last several years, I began writing my own novels and blogs and became a published author in September of 2011.
I am a h
More about Karen Malena...
From Suicide to Hope (Son of Mine, #1) A Journey of Faith (Son of Mine, #2) Redemption (Son of Mine, #4) The Son Shines (Son of Mine, #3) Reflections From My Mother's Kitchen: A Journey of Healing & Hope