Start by marking “Why Me, the Story of Jenny” as Want to Read:
Why Me, the Story of Jenny

Why Me, the Story of Jenny

A fifteen-year-old girl tells about her rape experience.
Mass Market Paperback, 144 pages
Published October 28th 1991 by Avon Books (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Why Me, the Story of Jenny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Me, the Story of Jenny

Griselda
Apr 25, 2012 Griselda rated it really liked it
Ever since we turn 6 our parents have always warn us about not talking or accepting anything from stranger right? However we ignore and talk to them. We think that nothing can go wrong right is just a conversation or a car ride but nothing could go wrong.What we don't know is that a car ride or a conversation is putting their lives at risk. specially as girls. When a guy act sweet around them they follow them even though they don't know one thing about them.
In the book Why Me The Story of Jen
Nattie
May 14, 2013 Nattie rated it it was ok
What a frustrating read. I wanted to get in the story and do violent things to some of the characters. How could they act that way? The one doctor was so disgusting I wanted to claw his eyes out. He didn't even care, once he heard that she had willingly got in the car it was all over. First off, he seemed to think she wasn't raped because of that, and then, even if he did somewhat seem to believe it, well it was her fault so it didn't matter.

The parents; what a pathetic duo. Even Rita let me dow
Michele
Nov 02, 2014 Michele rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
A heart-wrenching and honest story of rape and its aftermath. The toughest part to take is how so many of Jenny's friends and family fault her; this does make it feel a bit dated since we've (mostly) moved on from blaming the victim. But it's still an excellent book for its honest portrayal of Jenny's feeling of fear, guilt, shame etc. and the struggle she goes through to cope with what's happened to her.
Deleetra Henry
May 13, 2011 Deleetra Henry rated it it was amazing
This book was great. It explains a lot and the author really REALLY captured my attention. The character,Jenny, is confused and doesn't know what to do about the situation she's stuck in. Jenny was raped by a college guy that she had no clue about. She was waiting for a friend when the guy came along. He was nice at first, but then everything turned around.
Autumn
Mar 16, 2014 Autumn rated it did not like it
It was awful that ALL the blame was put on Jenny by EVERYONE. Yes she made a mistake by accepting a ride with someone she didn't know but there isn't a person alive who hasn't made a mistake. Jenny didn't commit a crime, a crime was committed againist her, she's the victim.
Tina
Oct 26, 2016 Tina rated it liked it
does this end as abruptly in the original, or did they cut it off in the German version for some reason? so weird.
Anjiemacalinaoyahoo.com
Oct 14, 2013 Anjiemacalinaoyahoo.com rated it really liked it
CHARACTERS
Christian Singer
Jan 18, 2014 Christian Singer rated it really liked it
I suppose it's hard to actually like a book about someone who's been raped. As I read, in the back of my mind I wondered if this was a true account about a girl named Jenny. Though it's fiction, it sounds so real. There could have been better proofreading, but what really drove me nuts was the mentality from that time period about rape. When Jenny finally gathered the nerve to go to the doctor, he was a creep and blamed her. Her parents' attitudes sucked, too. During the 70s would anyone have co ...more
Valarie
Valarie rated it really liked it
May 16, 2015
Nevin Can
Nevin Can rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
CC
CC rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2009
S.A. Ryder
S.A. Ryder rated it liked it
May 10, 2015
Aaron
Aaron rated it did not like it
Apr 18, 2016
Majenta
Majenta rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Ezra
Ezra rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2011
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2013
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2015
Sylvie
Sylvie rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2012
Julai
Julai rated it did not like it
Dec 06, 2012
Blackmariah
Blackmariah rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2011
Veronica Gutierrez
Veronica Gutierrez rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2012
Dale
Dale rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2007
Oolookitty
Oolookitty rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Moni
Moni rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2009
Chalchihut
Chalchihut rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2012
Brett
Brett rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Lost Vampire
Lost Vampire rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Ashley Gay
Ashley Gay rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015