Start by marking “Governor's Road: A Novel of Southern Proportions” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Governor's Road: A Nov...

Laurie Byrne Smith

Governor's Road: A Novel of Southern Proportions

A good southern romantic mystery? A mysterious romance? Governor's Road is the book for you. This beautifully written book will keep you up all night. There are plenty of clues and there are a lot of hints, but even when you put them all together, it will be close to impossible to puzzle your way to the ending. If you are looking for a book, you can't put down, then ...more
Published September 17th 2012 by Laurie Byrne Smith

To ask other readers questions about Governor's Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Governor's Road

Tracy Reitan
Jul 23, 2014 Tracy Reitan rated it it was ok
This would be a book that should teach me not to trust what I read in the reviews.... so many people loved this book and indicated it was such a page turner. I downloaded a sample of it to my Kindle and sure enough, the first chapter or two captured me with the disappearance of a 1st grade child from a neighborhood and the anguish of everyone in the community searching for him. Thinking I was embarking on a great 'mystery book' I made the purchase and dove in. The book quickly took a turn to ...more
April
"This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobook Blast."

This is a very nicely done thriller that is also historical fiction. I liked the duel perspective of childhood and adult life of the characters. Solving a childhood mystery maybe what it takes to let them move on in their lives.
Barbara Svetlick
Oct 05, 2016 Barbara Svetlick rated it really liked it
A delightful step into the past of a small southern town intertwining the characters as a horrific crime touches their lives. It is told as the characters go from the present to the past and ending on a note of "what does tomorrow hold" for the main characters. This touches on those feelings of a child dealing with hard issues to the question of decisions of the future.
Robin Thomas
Jan 11, 2015 Robin Thomas rated it liked it
Good southern story

This book really did capture a time and a place maybe a little too much wishful thinking but you're allowed when you write the story. It was an easy interesting read. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes to reminisce about childhood and still is wondering what secrets of the harsh world were kept from our innocent minds by our parents.
Frances
Jan 13, 2016 Frances rated it really liked it
A charming tale of a series of mysterious events, that gradually gets revealed. Set in the old south with all the old biases of the time of the KKK.
Interesting story, well told.
The narrator suits the story well .
I was given this audiobook in return for an unbiased review
Susan M Walsh
Dec 28, 2014 Susan M Walsh rated it it was amazing
Good read

I grew up in the north but this book captures both childhood and adulthood realistically with a mystery tossed in that affects people most of their lives. I enjoyed this story. You will, too.
Sherry Bledsoe
Jun 05, 2016 Sherry Bledsoe rated it it was amazing
A good book

A good book and way to spend a Memorial Day. I read this in about 4 hours. I enjoyed this book because I lived this book. I grew up in the South and was in kindergarten in 1959. About the time the story begins. The author had the feel of that time period perfectly!
gail gauldin
Sep 04, 2015 gail gauldin rated it really liked it
Superb book

Feel in love with these characters good ole southern charm. The story reminds me of when I was a child and would hear stories like this from the elders
Jacquelyn Sammons
Sep 03, 2015 Jacquelyn Sammons rated it liked it
Good story plot.

It was just rambling. On and on with no emotion. To many people and plots. Missed it's Mark. It could have been a good book.

cathy glass
cathy glass rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Rachelbrant
Rachelbrant rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Leonie
Leonie rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2014
daphne rogers
daphne rogers rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Debra Grimm
Debra Grimm rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
John Fisher
John Fisher rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
arlene s o'donnell
arlene s o'donnell rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Bonita
Bonita rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Judith A Geppert
Judith A Geppert rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
David L. Limback
David L. Limback rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Ruth Welter
Ruth Welter rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Terry Aurit
Terry Aurit rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Cindy Stepens
Cindy Stepens rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Sylvia M. Dinkel
Sylvia M. Dinkel rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Art Pedatella
Art Pedatella rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2014
Mary Yeakley
Mary Yeakley rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2015
Constance McCain
Constance McCain rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Pat Schwarzlose
Pat Schwarzlose rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Christopher Gould
Christopher Gould rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016