Start by marking “Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)” as Want to Read:
Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)

Return to Poughkeepsie (The Poughkeepsie Brotherhood #2)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  1,981 ratings  ·  413 reviews
Beckett Taylor is a murderer. His calling, his craft are destruction and intimidation—whether he wants it that way now or not. He left Poughkeepsie to keep his brothers safe, to keep Eve safe. Set up with happy lives to live, they’re better off without him, right?

But all his willpower crumbles when he hears his brother Blake’s frantic voice on the phone. An unknown enemy h
Published December 30th 2013 by Omnific Publishing (first published December 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Poughkeepsie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Poughkeepsie

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
93rd out of 1,446 books — 6,902 voters
Out of Breath by Rebecca DonovanOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareGabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard
Books That Should Be Released Sooner!!!
67th out of 903 books — 3,022 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
MILD SPOILERS -mature content reader discretion advised
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Suspenseful Romance

photo RTPCOLLAGEfinal_zps71c7ca8b.jpg

I am mixed bag of emotions people. SO MUCH goes down in this book I have no clue where to start. We have characters set with nothing but revenge on their minds and revenge is the catalyst that puts everything in to motion.

In Return to Poughkeepsie both Eve and Beckett are separately on a mission to keep the ones they love safe and alive. Danger strikes close to home and they both find themselves in a
Christy
5 I L♥VE Beckett stars!

Return to Poughkeepsi photo 07b450d7-672b-4739-a3e5-a389570fef20_zps3f30bc0f.jpg

I feel like I’ve been waiting forever to read Return to Poughkeepsie. After reading book one last year, I was blown away. I fell hard for Blake, Cole, but most of all, a killer named Beckett! I am happy to report that Beckett’s book lived up to my expectations! It was fantastic! Return to Poughkeepsie was intense, steamy, suspenseful, funny and just an all around amazing read! Although the focus of the book is on Beckett and Eve, all six of these main characters have a la
Brandi
4ish stars

While I enjoyed catching up with the brothers, one brother was MIA for way too long. Once he showed up at 50% things started moving a much better pace. Add in Debra's unique humor and this book was a solid read.

My favorite parts

*Trish - Ryan's jaded ex, I would not want to be on the receiving end of her fury. lol.

*Beckett and all his little rescue missions, especially Gandhi.

*Blake playing daddy.

*Cole and Kyle - Their struggle broke my heart.

*Ryan - I really like him...

Return to Poug
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Well, we "Return to Poughkeepsie" to see what the brothers are up to. We heard this is supposed to be a Beckett and Eve book but...it's so much more.

Likes:

• Beckett and Eve - Wow, just wow. They were everything you thought they would be...and more. Explosive describes them in more ways than one! And badass ...shesshh, they take the cake on that!

description

• I know, I know, this is suppose to be a Beckett and Eve book and at first, I was sort of mad that there was so much time invested in the other charact
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 04, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Omigish it's BECKETT's story!!!! *happy dance*

Beckett Taylor is a murderer. Destruction and intimidation are his calling, his craft —whether he wants it that way now or not. He left Poughkeepsie to keep his brothers safe, to keep Eve safe. Set up with happy lives to live, they’re better off without him, right?

But all his willpower crumbles when he hears his brother Blake’s frantic voice on the phone. Mob forces have moved in on his old territory, and Livia’s been taken.
Debra

★★★★ 3.5 stars!

Return to Poughkeepsie picks up right were Poughkeepsie left off. This time the focus of the story is on Eve and Beckett, two badass, tough unflinching individuals who've built almost impenetrable walls around their harts and who've perfected their skills at fighting and killing people. Although the main focus is on Eve and Beckett, the story is divided over the three main couples: Eve and Beckett, Blake and Livia, Cole and Kyle.

♦♦ This review contains minor SPOILERS for those who
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Feb 26, 2014 Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ marked it as to-read
Expected publication: December 2013

WHAT?

description

DECEMBER? As in a year and 2 months away December??

*Gasping* Slowly dying...
Louise
♪♫♪Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye...♪♫♪
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
BIG FUCKING SIGH!!
AHHH BECKETT, BLAKE, COLE, EVE, WHITEBREAD AND FAIRY PRINCESS OWN ME!!

Review to come!

this is anything like number 1 I'll just give it 5 stars now LOL..
seriously though?! DECEMBER 2013!?

Photobucket
In the words of the self proclaimed "Princess of Poughkeepsie"

Photobucket

Because of my review Debra sent me a small sneek peek into number 2.

IT WAS AWESOME!! I still can't believe it doesnt come out for 13 fucking months!!!

PLEASE WRITE FAST!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
**FULL REVIEW POSTED** Release date: December 30

3 stars!

description

For the most part, I liked it. And with a 200% certainty, I can say I liked this book more than the first. So why is it that book 1 got a 3.5 star rating and book 2 only gets a rounded up 3 star one?

(view spoiler)
Jen
I am rating this book 3.5 stars. The main reason for this rating is that my expectations for this book were not what I received. It doesn't mean that the story was bad, it is just not what I had hoped for when I cracked it open.
First of all, Eve and Beckett were my favorite couple in book one. Anyone who read that book knows that this couple literally were explosive when they got together. "Return to Poughkeepsie" promised in the blurb a storyline about these two. We get them..but lets just say
Lindsey

photo girl-gun-killer-Favimcom-664345.jpg
 photo Favimcom-gun-girl-sweet-hurt-720679.jpg

and of course ... G
bull dog photo: Bull dog Bulldog.jpg

I loved seeing everyone again, I missed them ever so much!

If you loved the first one, you will love this one!
Smitten's Book Blog
Nov 12, 2012 Smitten's Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: cant-wait-for
Just read the first chapter of this (huge thanks to Debra Anastasia for sending it to me) and now I'm itching to get my hands on the rest!!

I think I'm going to love this even more than I loved the first one. Beckett was my favourite character in Poughkeepsie and I can not wait to read his story!

*does happy dance*
5 MILLION STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite series ever!!!

It's loaded with emotion,

photo tumblr_mdnth0ixEX1qc3q2qo1_500_zpsf311a943.gif

action,

photo 1238512537_wantedgoodbyebullet_zps39147fe9.gif

swooning,

photo tumblr_inline_mj5m8vzI1l1qz4rgp_zps59d4bfe1.gif

hot hot hot sex,

photo beyonce-birthday19_zpsde46834c.gif

..it literally has everything.

Eve is so effing badass!!!

photo rs_560x315-130819100424-applause3_zps4eb67496.gif

And Beckett???

photo 843894_zpsaaa0198b.gif

I didn't think she could beat the first book. I had no idea where she would take the story. Well, Debra, you blew my mind, ripped out my heart, and put me back together again! This book is literally crazy awesome. I loved every single moment, character, word.....everything. And I mean, it
★★Daisy Hearts Jethro, Jesse, James, Clay, Daniel & Q ★★

Return to Poughkeepsie was one book that I had in my must read list. I had a very very high expectations especially after seeing the blurb was on Beckett!

photo Tangled.gif

But, I needed to

photo tumblr_me3ocvLMpp1ryb0hd.gif

As there was less of Beckett, more new characters that I really didn't care about and a gap of 5 years!

photo Jzv9bWb.gif

But, It was heartwarming to see how Blake and Livie's relationship has grown. And their love for each other is simply so strong. Finally, Beckett and Eve came in picture and I was happy.

It was nice journey if you don't exp
Lucia
My Beckett and Eve:

3.5 STARS
"His heart overflowed with good intentions but his feasts felt the best covered in blood."

Such a damaged life, yet such a strong person.
Such a flowed person, yet a lovable man.
Such a rough man, yet he would do anything for the ones he loves.
That is Beckett Taylor.

Beckett's story, his self-loathing and sadness broke my heart. His situation is the most difficult one among the brothers we got to know in previous book, his life is the most complicated one. Can this selfl
Jennifer Kyle
3.75 Stars

"I love you, Eve. You're the only heart I have."

I just loved catching up with all my favorite characters from Poughkeepsie!

Unfortunately, this sequel had way too many povs pratically ever character in the book has a pov (Shark, Mary Ellen, Mary Ellen's Dad, come on). The five year jump annoyed me (the two sisters in Maryland life...lame) and sadly, I dragged through some portions of the story.

On the bright side, I loved Beckett, Ryan, Cole and Blake's pov and recommend going forward
Amber Rose
 photo 3_5stars_zpsd273420f.png
I was struggling on how I was going to rate this book. Poughkeepsie was a lovely story and I remember everything about it. I was shocked that while reading Return to Poughkeepsie, that I was remembering everything from the previous book. Anyhow, there is so much going on in this book. SO MUCH. I would love to rate this book 4 stars because I really did enjoy this book. I loved getting into Beckett's head and Eve's. But I had a couple of problems with it that made me not give it 4 stars.

O
Vanessa
10 Incredible Stars!!!

Wow! Books like these, are the reason that I have my exclusive 10 STAR list! That was like watching a Quentin Tarantino movie in my head! I have no words! LOVED IT!!!!

Once again, I am stumped on choosing the words that are worthy enough in aiding to describe this book, this series, everything!

Is it totally romance? Um, no. And you will find that some other reviews on here will tell you that they were disappointed in the book because of this. That is fine. We are all en
Leea
I'm at a loss here... I just finished this book and my first thoughts were What the f*uck just happened?!?! This book is a mess and I have to say that it just didn't need to happen.

This book is about Beckett and Eve. Thank the heavens it's filled with Cole/Kyle and Blake/Livia because if not it would be a zero start book. Basically it's a really bad B-Movie made into a book. There are so many unbelievable fight scenes and strange choppy moments that I almost just wanted everyone dead so this wou
Midian Sosa
The feelings… I’m feeling all the feelings dude.

I’ve been waiting for his book since, well, since I read Poughkeesie back in May. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you can tell I’m obsessed with my Cavemama, I love Debra to bits, and I’m admitting this because no, I’m not biased.

So, I start the book, and then I’m like

Midian Sosa is starting
Dear Lord of all things holy I'm going to DIEEEE

Then…

Midian Sosa is 5% done
Yup, won't be able to put this down. I won't.

And then I get to a part a
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
WHAT..........

DECEMBER 2013?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

J.m. Darhower
I don't know why I never reviewed this when I first read it. Return to Poughkeepsie was absolutely brilliant. Beckett is everything. Without a doubt one of my favorite fictional characters. Deeply layered, complex, neither fully good or really bad. He's so REAL and I think that's what I love most about Debra's writing... she can weave a believable story that is so fucking deep and multi-layered, it leaves me awestruck. Love this series hardcore.
Rhonda
Jan 14, 2014 Rhonda added it
Chapter 2 was HOT!!

I expected more Eve and Beckett than what there was.
~Ang’s
For more reviews visit

Located on the banks of the Hudson River, approximately 90 miles north of New York City, lies the scenic town of Poughkeepsie. A town which is home to three brothers, bonded not by blood, but by their circumstances, their past and their destiny. "Return to Poughkeepsie" is the continuing story of Blake, Cole and Beckett’s lives, their growing families and their romances.
All I can say is WOW - this story
Lise *friends don't flag*
Love Eve and Beckett!

FEELING PRETTY STOKED about this one...

Dawn   (Team Dex) Nicholson
** 5 Brilliant Stars **

'She Loved Him, Really Loved Him. With Her Heart. The Wave Of It Hit Her Hard.'

Really Amazing second installment of 'The Ploughkeepsie Brotherhood'
Eve and Beckett are so 'Bad-Ass'... They are awesome!!
Kara
I love these brothers!
And a book three... Awesome!
MK~ Picky Girl
Jan 07, 2014 MK~ Picky Girl rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who love an action packed story with a ton of heart
Shelves: 2014-favorites
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Wow, simply wow!!

Return to Poughkeepsie was everything I expected and more. Debra Anastasia created a perfectly woven sequel to the Poughkeepsie series. It delivered a powerhouse punch that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire story.

As in her previous book from this series, Return to Poughkeepsie was more than just a love story. Its three different stories intricately put together that take the reader on an intense, emotional ride. There was humor, suspense, a little angst, romance, an
Buddy Read Zone: Return to Poughkeepsie 12/30 144 41 Jan 04, 2014 03:53AM
Dec 2013 12 73 Oct 15, 2012 07:35PM
  • Scare Crow (Crow's Row, #2)
  • Sempre: Redemption (Forever, #2)
  • His Wounded Light (The Light in the Wound, #2)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Aftermath (Alfonzo, #7)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)
  • Delinquents (Dusty Book 2)
  • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
  • Leverage (The Mistaken, #2)
  • The Redhead Plays Her Hand (Redhead, #3)
  • Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Worth the Fight (Accidentally on Purpose, #3)
  • Convicted (Consequences, #3)
  • Night Moves (G-Man, #3)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Tension (By a Thread, #2)
There are a lot of eyes in Debra Anastasia’s house in Maryland. First, her own creepy peepers are there, staring at her computer screen. She’s made two more sets of eyes with her body, and the kids they belong to are amazing. The poor husband is still looking at her after 17 years of marriage. At least he likes to laugh. Then the freaking dogs are looking at her—six eyeballs altogether, though the ...more
More about Debra Anastasia...
Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #1) Crushed Seraphim  (Seraphim, #1) Saving Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #3) Bittersweet Seraphim (Seraphim, #2) Late Night With Andres

“Don’t make me out to be something worth saving. We both know I’m a waste.” His voice was so quiet. “I wish I was better at telling you why you have to stay here. I wish I could put into words the part of my heart that has your name written on it. That part hurts right now. You have to be here. You love life too much. You’re so important. I wish I could make you understand this.” He tried to smile at her valiant efforts. “I would keep you if I could. You can sleep here, right on this couch. Beckett, I will let you hold this baby when it comes.” She touched her stomach. “Does that tell you how much you mean to me? It’s the only thing I can come up with.” He shrugged. “Mouse would be disappointed. He’d feel like he didn’t do his job if you died…Eve loves you. Wherever she is—in this strip club—is that what you’ve been wishing for?” Beckett shook his head. “No, right? She loves you. You can’t kill someone she loves. You just can’t.” 7 likes
“No, I know for a fact that after-kidnapping sex is fucking wonderful.” 7 likes