Start by marking “Calculated Loss” as Want to Read:
Calculated Loss

Calculated Loss (Madeline Carter #3)

It d

Published November 24th 2011 (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Calculated Loss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calculated Loss

Nancy
It's been years since former stockbroker Madeline Carter bothered thinking about her gastronomically gifted ex-husband, Chef Braydon Gauthier. Between quitting her soul-sucking career and discovering what life is like during daylight hours she's been kind of busy. But when Madeline learns Braydon took his own life, she drops everything and hightails it to the funeral. It doesn't take long to realize Braydon's death is more murder than suicide. Madeline knows her ex would never have prepared ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Madeline Carter a former stock broker hasn't thought about her ex-husband Chef Breydon Gouthier in years.Since quitting her soul sucking career and discovering life during daylight hours she's been busy. But when she learns he committed suicide she rushes to the funereal. It doesn't take long for her to realize his death was more murder than suicide. She knows he would never prepare himself a poison laced Duck-a l orange- let alone pair it with a beefy shiraz. He would rather eat fast food ...more
Vicki
Nov 15, 2010 Vicki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It may have been a good book, but the number of nonrestrictive clauses the author used was so overwhelming, I started counting them instead of focusing on the plot.

"I wasn't just calculating my pin-striped suit, or my careful chignon, but a whole lifestyle." "He saw me, I think, notice the light in those eyes..." "It's just that, for a while, I thought we balanced each other."

Drove me freakin' nuts.
Alice Sabo
Feb 20, 2013 Alice Sabo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-read
A very enjoyable read. The characters are interesting. Despite being a cozy, there is a goodly amount of tension. I was guessing as to the killer, pretty much up to the end. And I actually learned a little about the stock market. Amazing. The descriptions of Vancouver make me want to visit. Sounds like a very nice city.
Diana Donnelly
Dec 22, 2012 Diana Donnelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If a book hasn't reached me after 50 pages I just do not struggle to finish. I enjoyed the story and am a fan of mysteries. It wasn't the best mystery I have ever read but it certainly wasn't the worst either. Overall I think the author did a fine job.
Dan
Dec 01, 2013 Dan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, mildly interesting read. Decent plot but not much development of either characters or details. Too many run on sentences and a few too many homonym mistakes (sight vs site, for example) made it a somewhat annoying read at times.
Angel
Angel rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Dawne
Dawne rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Mandy
Mandy rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2012
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Betty
Betty rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Tasha
Tasha rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Darcy Washburn
Aug 08, 2014 Darcy Washburn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I've read all in this series and have not been disappointed
Kaye
Kaye rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Charlotte Bidstrup
Charlotte Bidstrup rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2007
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Stacey Baker
Stacey Baker rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
May 29, 2013
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Tami
Tami rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
AliciaP
AliciaP rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Barbara Kelly
Barbara Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
EhMehLeanツ Beltran
EhMehLeanツ Beltran rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2008
Laga Van Beek
Laga Van Beek rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2014
Jude
Jude rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The Free Book Cha...: Calculated Loss, by Linda, L. Richards 2 13 Jun 22, 2013 02:49PM
  • Gray Area
  • Sound of Blood
  • Murder Passes the Buck (Gertie Johnson, #1)
  • The Dirty Secret
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Plummet
  • Blueberry Hill: a Sister's Story
  • Happy Hour
  • Big Sick Heart: A Detectives Seagate and Miner Mystery (Detectives Seagate and Miner Mysteries, #1)
  • Powder Burn  (Burn with Sam Blackett, #1)
  •  Angel on Fire (Angel Investigations)
  • Doggone Dead (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #3)
  • River Ghosts
  • Neon Dragon (Knight and Devlin, #1)
  • The Dead Love Longer
  • The Shadow Chaser - Book 1
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Four Years from Home

Madeline Carter (3 books)
  • Mad Money