Start by marking “The Music of Zombies (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Music of Zombies (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #5)

The Music of Zombies (Tales from the Five Kingdoms #5)

The web of power looks smooth and peaceful — until a new threat looms — in the fifth tale from the Five Kingdoms.

Prince Albion expects a unique occasion when he starts planning Cockenzie Rood Day to celebrate his kingdom — and himself. What he doesn’t expect is boppings on the head and kidnapping, all because a zombie wants to play his fiddle in the talent contest. With a
Published July 9th 2013 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Music of Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Music of Zombies

Ionia
Feb 13, 2013 Ionia rated it really liked it
Another great addition to the five kingdoms! I was thrilled when I found out I had the opportunity to review this book. I have read the other books in this series and loved them.

The first thing that impressed me about this new book was that some of the familiar characters from previous books were mentioned right away. That made me really interested in the continuing story of those I had gotten to know and love before.

This book, like all of the books in this series, is so fun, silly, magical an
Sarah J
Apr 13, 2015 Sarah J rated it really liked it
(age 8) I like this book because it is an adventure book, which is my favorite type of book, and is very exciting. My favorite part was when Marley fools Prince Albion into thinking Marley protected him from carrots and cabbages. this book is about a truhart, named Gracie, Prince Marcus, and Gubble, a troll. They go on a quest to stop a zombie from convincing the giants to shake the five kingdoms till they crumble. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure books like me.
James
May 18, 2015 James rated it liked it
this may have been as good as the first two books in the series, but i just never got into it... i do think the books could be a bit shortened, there's just a lot of verbiage that doesn't add to the plot, and just bogs down the narrative... i do love the artwork...
Phoebe
Oct 29, 2013 Phoebe rated it liked it
Shelves: juv, humor, juv-fantasy
The Five Kingdoms are now threatened by Fiddleduster Squint, a music-loving zombie who is bent on getting past the protections and causing desolation and ruin. His plan? To use the recently awakened giants, harmless creatures who nonetheless know to stay away from the Five Kingdoms and the fragile dwellings of humans. If they cause rack and ruin, Fiddleduster can enter after them. Once again, Marcus and Gracie and Gubble must figure out a way to stop Fiddleduster's nefarious plans. The romantic ...more
Andrea
Jun 03, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
A little anticlimactic. I love the series, but this book and the previous one lacked in drama and resolution.
Chris
May 21, 2016 Chris rated it really liked it
I believe this is the final book in the series. While the cover doesn't look very nice, it's a 5th classic fairy tale story set in the 5 kingdoms. Prince Albion is planning a big event, and ends up getting kidnapped by the Fiddler on the cover of the book. His badness wants to play his music at the upcoming event, but of course, the music is terrible. That does it, and it's time to destroy the 5 kingdoms for slighting his talent. So, Marcus and Gracie and others are off to save the day. Oh, and ...more
Erika Baewer
Sep 18, 2013 Erika Baewer rated it it was amazing
the names of these characters are pure genius! I seriously loved these books and The Music of Zombies did not disappoint one bit. I think everyone's lives would benefit from having The Tales of the Five Kingdoms in it!
Keli
Another sweet-yet-not-saccharine installment of the Tales from the Five Kingdoms. I just adore this series.
Stephi ♥
AMAZING!!!! I LOVE THESE BOOKS OOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
PWRL
Sep 11, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
O
Ashley Hill
Ashley Hill marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Cybelle
Cybelle marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Tim Robinson
Tim Robinson marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Imogene
Imogene rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
thea
thea rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
Kayla Williams
Kayla Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Lydia Michael
Lydia Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Cassidy
Cassidy rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Rian Gusman Widagdo
Rian Gusman Widagdo marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Izzy
Izzy rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Aeryn
Aeryn marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Hunter
Hunter marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Pinckneyville Public Library
Pinckneyville Public Library rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies
  • White Crane (Samurai Kids, #1)
  • The Land of Green Ginger
  • Dear Creature
  • Champions of Breakfast
  • Soonchild
  • Attack of the BULLIES (NERDS, #5)
  • The Wishbird
  • The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls
  • The Good, the Bad and the Smug (YouSpace, #4)
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #3)
  • Pandora Gets Frightened (Mythic Misadventures #7)
  • The Sleepwalkers
  • Ottoline at Sea (Ottoline, #3)
  • Monsieur Lambert
  • Margaret and the Moth Tree
  • The Return of the Dragon
  • Skull of the Skeleton (Scream Street, #5)
Vivian French was best known in school for being extremely skinny and for talking a lot. At school she developed an attachment to words and later became an actor, then a storyteller, and finally a writer of children's books. She is the author of more than two hundred books. Ms. French lives in Edinburgh, Scotland, and has four grown daughters.
More about Vivian French...

Tales from the Five Kingdoms (5 books)
  • The Robe of Skulls (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Bag of Bones (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Heart of Glass  (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Flight of Dragons  (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #4)