Start by marking “The Lady in the Mist (The Western Werewolf Legend, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lady in the Mist (The Western Werewolf Legend, #1)

Read Book

The Lady in the Mist (The Western Werewolf Legend #1)

The Civil War took Sonja Brooks' husband and left her alone. Unprotected and scared, she runs headlong into a life changing event when she's attacked by a pack of wolves. Her fate as a werewolf is sealed. When she stumbles upon Ty Loflin, a Rebel solider dying of his wounds, she nurses him back to health. He's the perfect mate, but will he want her once he knows the truth? ...more
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 84 pages
Published October 2nd 2012 by Smashwords (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady in the Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady in the Mist

Silence by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterTiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
MUST READS OF 2011 & 2012!
76th out of 344 books — 312 voters
Moon Called by Patricia BriggsShiver by Maggie StiefvaterCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsBitten by Kelley ArmstrongIron Kissed by Patricia Briggs
Werewolf Books
219th out of 598 books — 837 voters

More lists with this book...

Amy Freese
Feb 18, 2014 Amy Freese rated it liked it
This is the 2nd book by Catherine Wolffe that I have read. I read her book Comanche Haven first to get an understanding for the Loflin family. Tyler Loflin, who is introduced in Comanche Haven, is the main male character in The Lady in the Mist. I am honestly a little torn over my feelings with this book.

As with many e-books, there were some edit errors. I found points where words had been used in the wrong manner, or the wrong words altogether. This however is an editing or publishing issue, n
Charidy
May 20, 2013 Charidy rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book and the author's perspective on werewolves and Vampires
The characters are well thought out and each is critical to the story.
I do not want to be a spoiler but Im looking forward to what happens next with Ty and Sonja!

Catherine Wolffe paints a picture of another time and place yet is completely believable. I DO NOT want to be a spoiler but let me say that this story grabs you from the first moment and takes you for an incredible ride. I highly recommend!!!!!
Marit
Jan 06, 2013 Marit rated it it was amazing
The year is 1863. Sonja Brooks is a young widow who lost her husband in the civil war. She goes through a life changing event when she is attacked by a pack of wolfs. Then, she finds a dying rebel, Ty Loflin, mends his wounds, and brings him back to life.
I must say that I was hooked to the book from the first page. Award winning author Catherine Wolffe is a wordsmith. Her pace is consistent, her characters are well developed, and although I was not familiar with the genre-- well, the truth is t
Laura Emery
May 24, 2016 Laura Emery rated it it was amazing
I finished the book very quickly because of the well developed characters and vivid descriptions of the Civil War era. I enjoyed the evolving relationship between Sonja and Ty. The passion between them was vividly written. There are lots of steamy scenes woven in to this complicated plot. A lot of research obviously went into the writing of this book, which also has a healthy dose of great fantasy!!!
Marie
Aug 07, 2015 Marie rated it it was ok
I struggled just to make it halfway through the first chapter and then I gave up. I wasn't drawn in. The most exciting scene from the beginning was short and without detail. Then pages and pages of no action at all. The main character's inner dialogue and musings often made no sense. Typos graced every page. This just felt like a first draft that never had a proper edit.
Leslie
This is one of those books that sounded good, leading me to believe that I will like it. And I wanted to. But close to halfway through the book, the feeling of disappointment was beginning to emerge. I continued on hoping that it will get better. Sadly, by the time I finished the book, I felt let down. The whole concept and story was intriguing and had potential. But I just found myself not getting into the story and felt the story was missing some elements which would have helped me enjoy the ...more
Rachel at theJeepDiva
Apr 16, 2013 Rachel at theJeepDiva rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
This was a very enjoyable werewolf story even though there are vampires in it. It takes place during the Civil War and it makes for an interesting setting. Of course vampires are the enemy of the werewolves. This story was a really good introduction to the series and I can’t wait to read the next one.

The two main characters struggle to come to terms with everything going on and the changes taking place in both of them. Ty seems like the perfect man to be Sonja’s mate. Sonja did seem a little ann
Kina
Jan 17, 2016 Kina rated it really liked it

I give this book 3.5 fangs

Although I'm giving 3.5 fangs I will round up to 4 stars.
This is an American civil war era paranormal romance. While the characters I easily came to really like and even the story line is very interesting, I really wanted to know what would happen. Even so I found the book slightly confusing. It is of course possible others will not have this same issue and thus will enjoy it more than I did.
Sonja is a strong, capable widow that fate has hand picked to not only lead
Charlene
I'm at a loss on how to rate this book. If I go by my normal rating chart, it should be 2 stars. But if I go by my emotions, it should be a 5. But then again, the spelling and grammar were so bad that I should take a star (quite possibly 2 stars) off just for that. So, I will give it 3. But it could be 2. Or 5.

The story itself is a nice plot and I really enjoyed the fact that this occurred during the Civil War. I do like a little history lesson when I read. Our heroine, Sonja is kind of a weak
Tia
Sep 10, 2014 Tia rated it really liked it
The widow Sonja Brooks was out one day when she was attacked by wolves and taken in by an old witch woman who saved her life. She later prophesied that she would become a werewolf at the full moon. On her trip home she came across a wounded soldier that she saved by giving of her healing blood. She fights to keep her secret from him as they grow closer daily.

I felt this was an interesting mix of werewolf, Cherokee mysticism and the Civil War. An attractive female and sexy male leads make a few
Shawna Hansen
Apr 14, 2013 Shawna Hansen rated it liked it
There's a lot going on in this werewolf/vampire/Guardian/witch/Yankees v Confederates Book #1 to a new series by Catherine Wolffe. The story starts off simply as Sonja picks peas in her garden on Brooks Farm in Spotsylvania. I was confused about how much time passed between Sonja was attacked and bitten and then nursed back to life by the witch, Hortense, and when Ty is saved and brought to the farm. The best parts are the interactions of the people trying to get to know each other in ...more
Gwen
Aug 01, 2015 Gwen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Promising premise, potentially interesting characters but..NEVER have I encountered so many typos and grammatical errors. I'm usually lenient about such things, these were so numerous and so egregious I was pulled out of the story over and over. A couple of examples.."over rot women", (over wrought), "taint amount", (tantamount), "pry tell", (pray tell) and dozens and dozens more! I won't be reading the remaining two books in this series. What a mess! Proofread, proofread, proofread!!
Kay
Apr 05, 2014 Kay rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's a great story of Sonja and Ty and how they overcame the challenge of falling in love and learning they are werewolves. Sonja discovers she is the gifted one and will lead her pack and any followers to safety against the vampires. She finds Ty on the battlefield after a horrendous battle. She gives him what he thinks I sox blood but is her own not knowing it will change him.
Carmen Pescod
Apr 26, 2014 Carmen Pescod rated it really liked it
This is a good story with great characters, I really had know idea what would happen next & that I liked. It's set in the Civil War time & I actually really enjoyed the writing style.
The reason it's not a 5 star is I was getting lost in parts, it was like I just read a bit & then I was reading a very similar bit & I got confused, but that could just be me.
I will be reading the next in the series because I'm intrigued as to what happens next.
InD'tale Magazine
The pacing and tone are uneven, and the plot is confusing and difficult to follow when dealing with the werewolves, vampires, and paranormal elements.

Read full review in the 2013 June issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Roseanne
Dec 25, 2013 Roseanne rated it did not like it
More description than story, ridiculous "author's notes" to clue the clueless in that the story's character perspective is changing and the redundant phrases make me wonder how this book got printed. In my defendse, this was someone else's book club pick and not something I would choose or even recommend.
Ally
Jul 03, 2013 Ally rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The Lady in the Mist! Ty and Sonja are dealing with being werewolves in a very unstable time. It was fun and delightful to read. Ms. Wolffe's writing style sets the stage for a great read.
K.K. Gould
Jul 11, 2015 K.K. Gould rated it really liked it
This story put two of my favorite things together in one fantastic place, civil war and paranormal. I haven't read a paranormal romance like this. The author did a nice job of making the dialogue accurate for the time. Can't wait to read the next book.
Adrienne Samson
Jun 17, 2014 Adrienne Samson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifters, favorite
I found this to be a Historical paranormal love story that grabs you and wont let go.I love how one of these characters leads to another of her series,Loved in and will be reading more of her books.
Elizabeth Cribb
Aug 25, 2015 Elizabeth Cribb rated it liked it
I liked this book but it was a little confusing at times. I know there were some problems with the grammar but that to me is pety. I rate the story.
Paulina
Jun 11, 2013 Paulina rated it liked it
okay. quick read.
Shane North
Shane North rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2015
Keven Wolffe
Keven Wolffe rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2012
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2013
Tonja Drecker
Tonja Drecker rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2015
lorraine nagy
lorraine nagy rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Bonnie Lindahl
Bonnie Lindahl rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2015
Kellie
Kellie rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Writers and Readers : The Lady in the Mist, The Western Werewolf Legend 1 6 Mar 01, 2013 05:24AM
  • Heart's Ransom (Heart and Soul #1)
  • Dark Surrender
  • Blood Wicked (Blood, #4)
  • Thrill of the Night  (Avalon, #1)
  • Resurrection (Scions, #1)
  • Viking Fire
  • Romeo and Juliet
  • Midnight Conquest (Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Night Visions (Night Series)
  • When Lightning Strikes
  • Mated (Blood Lust, #3)
  • Chain Reaction
  • Prophecy of the Undead
  • Conquest: My Vampire Lover
  • Balance (The Neumarian Chronicles, #3)
  • Beyond Fate (Fate of the Gods, #3)
  • One Eye Closed (The Pack, #2)
I enjoy writing romance. Experimenting with the genres challenges the muse and my latest book reflects a blending of the traditional western romance with paranormal elements. Dabbling in time travel, fantasy, as well as the paranormal, I mix elements of the other-worldly with solid historical figures. Showcasing cowboys, Indians, strong-willed women and steamy romance are my passions. In my ...more
More about Catherine Wolffe...

The Western Werewolf Legend (3 books)
  • Waking Up Dead (The Western Werewolf Legend, #2)
  • Wolfen Secrets (The Western Werewolf Legend, #3)