Start by marking “Avengers, Vol. 1: World Trust” as Want to Read:
Avengers, Vol. 1: World Trust

Avengers, Vol. 1: World Trust (Heróis Marvel #6)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  14 reviews
They are Earth's Mightiest Heroes, banded together from across the globe, united in their vow to protect the Earth from those enemies against whom no single super hero can stand alone... and this may be their greatest challenge. The capital cities of every nation on Earth have mysteriously vanished, throwing the planet into anarchy. In this time of extraordinary crisis, th ...more
Published March 17th 2003 by Marvel Comics Group

To ask other readers questions about Avengers, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avengers, Vol. 1

Nicolo Yu
Before making a career out of character rebirths (Hal Jordan, Barry Allen and Aquaman), Geoff Johns made his name in comics by following lengthy acclaimed runs with an exceptional turn at the title of his own. Following Mark Waid on Flash, he had his own fan favorite five-year run on the title, making it look very easy. It is understandable why Marvel went to him to helm a new direction for Avengers after Kurt Busiek left the title.

This hardcover contains the first five issues of what would be a
Todd
Oh, how I kind of hate Geoff Johns. I like that everyone (Except Captain America, of course) curses at least once in here.

I 'm not a huge fan of the art. Sometimes everyone just looks dead. The mouth slight agape and no hint of intelligence in the eyes.

The story itself was interesting, and I'll be reading on.
Ernest
This is an interesting enough volume, with story and art that had both some suitably heroic moments and overly simplistic portrayals. This resulted in a volume that was enjoyable enough while reading, but did not make a long term impact on me nor hold anything to really draw me back.
Sierra Dean
I have reached a point where I don't HATE Geoff Johns comics the way I once did. I now understand the aesthetic he's going for in his writing. It just doesn't appeal to me.

That said, the stand-alone Scott/Jack story in here has some real emotion to it, making me think Johns' real skill might be on smaller scale character pieces. I might read his Flash stuff.
Christina Azzo
This was ok, but a bit boring story wise, which is surprising considering the high stakes. It mostly feels like they are just moving from one event to the next. The foreshadowing for future stories was more interesting then the actual story. The story also makes Black Panther look like a jerk. Carol Danvers was right for calling him out and yet Captain America and Tony Stark barely give him a slap on the wrist for his behavior. Namor in his odd way always seems to try and make up for his actions ...more
Mitchell
The Avengers save the world. Again. Decent writing and good enough art and okay use of the characters. With a silly (but not bad) Loki story as a backup, but with bad art. And yet there really wasn't anything special here. 3.5 of 5.
Francesca
I'll admit the plot is a little chaotic, but the whole theme of the story is chaos vs. order and how one must work with the other. So overall I enjoyed the read.
TJ Shelby
Geoff Johns takes over the reins from Kurt Busiek's 56 issue run on The Avengers and leaves his mark immediately. He brings the Avengers out of the negative public light and (most importantly) cuts the ties between The Avengers as an American super-team and establishes them as belonging to the world.

His portrayal of the reverence Captain America receives from other heroes is done to perfection. He also continues Busiek's skill of showing the weaknesses of Avenger members to make the reader conne
Travis
Some really good moments add up to an unsatisfying whole in Geoff Johns first Avengers story. Some nice character bits, and Johns juggles a big cast nicely, but the over all story starts out interesting and then kid of ends on a 'blah' note.
Doesn't quite have the same spark as his work for DC.
Virginia
Enjoyably upbeat, brightly intelligent Avengers tales, with just enough Shulkie, Ms. Marvel, Vision, and Scarlet Witch to make the proceedings interesting. The somewhat 80s-style artwork and optimistic, yet introspective tone to the characters were great.
Jeffrey
Not their best story, but one that clearly establishes a foundation for the future. I have read many books that are later in the timeline so this actually cleared up a few things for me. Now to try to fill in more blanks...
Angela
A character based Avengers story where they deal with the aftermath of the Kang invasion. It's nice to see them actually get the job done. A decent start in a new direction for the team.
Gary Lee
Written by Geoff Johns, so it kinda smacks of a DC title, but it's a fun, quick read overall.
Matthew Bartlett
The art could have been better.
Matthew Jaques
Matthew Jaques marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Joe Schaffer
Joe Schaffer marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Pablo Martinez
Pablo Martinez marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Lilly
Lilly marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Marija
Marija marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Charlotte Johnson
Charlotte Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Riley Barnitz
Riley Barnitz marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
  • Wolverine: Not Dead Yet
  • Captain America, Vol. 1: The New Deal
  • JSA, Vol. 2: Darkness Falls
  • Wolverine: Origins Vol. 1: Born in Blood
Geoff Johns originally hails from Detroit, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he earned a degree in Media Arts and Film. He moved to Los Angeles in the late 1990’s in search of work within the film industry. Through perseverance, Geoff ended up as the assistant to Richard Donner, working on Conspiracy Theory and Lethal Weapon 4. During that time, he also began his comics career ...more
More about Geoff Johns...

Heróis Marvel (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Complete Frank Miller Spider-Man
  • Incredible Hulk: Tempest Fugit
  • Wolverine Classic, Vol. 1
  • Punisher War Journal Classic, Vol. 1
  • Marvel Masterworks: The X-Men, Vol. 6
Batman: Earth One Blackest Night Green Lantern: Rebirth Justice League, Vol. 1: Origin Infinite Crisis (DC Comics)