Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek, #2)

Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek #2)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  649 ratings  ·  53 reviews
One year of marriage. No sex. No complications. No messy emotions.

Stacey Parker laid out the rules for her temporary marriage to Harrison Duval, and Harrison plans to break every one. Ten years ago, Stacey disappeared from his life, and he’s not about to let it happen again.

Stacey has wanted Harrison for years, but giving in to the heat between them could mean exposing he...more
Published October 7th 2012 by Smashwords (first published October 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Just the Way You Are, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just the Way You Are

Michelle
Stacey is in need of a husband, quickly. She has one piece that remains of her mother and in order to keep it, she must find a man to marry. The problem is, she doesn't ever want to be married. Never wanting to taint a man the way her father tainted her mother.

Harrison longs to return home and the fact that the woman that tilted his world ten years ago is there, is just icing on the cake. Harrison can't seem to get the girl out of his head that he met that day in the cornfield. And when he seem...more
Dee
As this is a novella I really hadn't expected very much but I was pleasantly surprised, it turned out to be a good little read!

~ Stephanie Lynn ~
Just the Way You Are by Lexi Ryan is another well-written story about love and second chances. This is the second installment in the Decadence Series.

One year of marriage. No sex. No complications. No messy emotions.

We were briefly introduced to Stacey and Harrison in book one, which was their wedding that everyone was attending. This is their story and goes into depth about why they both agreed to a temporary marriage.

Stacey and Harrison also have a past together as well. After many years apa...more
Pam Mcmillan
A great love story of people who get second chances. I was also the 2nd book in the series, Just One Night is the first. It was a novella but it was packed with everything you need in a good love story. I loved Lexi Ryan's style of writing in this. I like the way she would flash back and you could get the jest of the story. Loved the characters in the story and they were easy to fall in love with. Romance, true love, sorrow, regret, and a very painful past are the ingredients of this wonderful l...more
Nina
Just the Way You Are by Lexi Ryan is another well-written story about love and second chances. This is the second installment in the Decadence Series and is followed by Just One Night (Decadence Creek). Although, this is the second of the series, I believe this can be a stand alone read and still make sense. However, Stacey and Harrison were featured in Just One Night as well, so I would recommend reading that one first just to get a better grip of this series.

This second addition to the series...more
Angel **Book Junkie**
4 Where is book 3? Stars

I loved this book. I also love it when an author can write a short and powerful story in a short story and finish the book leaving you wanting more. Not because she did not finish the first story but because you loved the book so much. This is how I feel about the Decadence Creek Books! I want a book 3 to read more about the Duval’s.

Lexi Ryan has a way with words and she can tell a story! She gives you enough background to fall in love with the characters but also enou...more
•.¸♥¸.• Booklover59 •.¸♥¸.•
This was a quick, good love story. Harrison and Stacey had a past. Stacey never felt worthy of anyone and always tried to keep people at a distance, including Harrison who she loved. Harrison loved Stacey also and circumstances brought them together. Harrison wasn't about to let Stacey get away for a second time. If you are in the mood for a quick good love story, I would recommend this one.
Connie Whitfield
Poor Stacey! She lost so much in her young life because of that poor excuse of a father from hell. Thank God for Harrison, her "temporary" husband. Harrison was the only one who ever treated her like she was worthy. The book left a lot of unanswered questions: who set the fire? who robbed Harrison's apartment and why?
Tonileg
Contemporary second chances romance about that skips backwards ten years and then the present where Stacey Parker and Harrison Duval are getting married, but they have a lot of history when they were young and made mistakes. I think the worse (and best) part of this story is the fact that Stacey keeps too many secrets which threaten her marriage and love possibilities. Angst ridden story with a gentle seduction by Harrison who is clueless about the past, but has lots of ideas for their future. T...more
Erika
Another cute, hot, short story by Lexi Ryan. Recommend if you're in the mood for a quick read.
Zoe
A nice, easy to get in to story. A little samey as these stories go, but still worth a read.
J.L.
This is a short story, novella or whatever you want to call it. But it is moving. The sexual tension is provocative and alluring. You feel hos much Harrison loves Stacey. You fell the shame and hurt that Stacey faced throughout her life. Then the story is wrapped up in a nice little bow to create a happily ever after.

I started reading Lexi Ryan after she was promoted by another author and I really enjoy her work.

I look forward to reading other books, shorts, or whatever because I know it will b...more
Lynn
Will there be any more of these books?
Erin
16,000 word novella...I WANT MORE! :)
Kathryn Parry
This is a stand-alone story. Very good and romantic story rather than erotic but I loved every part of this gripping story.
Julie Kirby
Really enjoyed this quick, second book in Decadence Creek series, although theirs was a marriage of convenience, they both loved each other, it was nice to briefly catch up with Chase and Addy,

I loved this short read, as I have been reading some real heart wrenching books lately, thanks Lexi, I hope theres more to come.
Asmaa
I liked the second book more than the first. Stacey and Harrison's story had more depth and was heartbreaking and it goes way back ten years ago. I really wish Lexi would consider write a longer version of their story because I enjoyed seeing them together a lot!
Heather SexywaysofReading
I read this book first of all of Lexi!! Just put it mildly I had to go out and get the next ones because this book drew me in and made me want to read as much as Lexi's wirting possible!! And She didn't disappoint in writing this ones or the others!!!!!
Tracy
The characters Harrison and Stacey were a great addition to the first book. Their story was sad and heartfelt. To me the book was to short for me, I wish the book was a little longer because I got pulled into their story. Thanks for writing an excellent book.
Lelyana Taufik
I really loved the story. A little bit mushy..but hey..I'm in the mood for this kind of story.
Harrison is sweet .... Stacy adorable and I loved the twist. It was just in a right portion :)

I'm glad I picked this up !

Recommended!
Betty
This is a short, romantic story. The characters are well developed considering the length of the story. It has an interesting plot and is well written and easy to read. I enjoyed it and recommend it to those who enjoy short romances. I did.
Renee Elden
With only 63 pages long, this was truly well written and packed full of romance, mystery and to the point. My first read by this author, love the concept of the story. I loved the story and would recommend to anyone and everyone.
Erica Paythress
Full story, in a couple of hours of reading. This story was nice, I enjoyed the characters, and even though I was able to read it in an afternoon, I didnt feel like I was cheated. I really enjoyed this sweet story.
Jess Michaels
Loved this great novella by Lexi Ryan! Picked it up while it was free to give her a try and the story is sweet and super sexy and totally satisfying. Great. Another author to put all their books on my long TBR pile
S
Flounced at 51%
Deborah
This is a nice quick read about a girl who's had a truly horrible life but has remained lovely and kind despite it. She finds love and happiness and not before time, great characters and a lovely little story.
Deanna
Jun 30, 2013 Deanna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
What a great short read! Love that I snagged it for free!!! And even got sucked into the snippet of Unbreak Me and went right back to Amazon and bought it!!!
Matu Nila
Ok, fast read for those long summer nights. Nothing major, story had the possibilities to grow but the novella-form didn't give it much time.
Kimberley Humphrey
Nice work Lexi Ryan. I loved Harrison & Stacey. What a beautiful short story - so much sad history packed into this quick read. Loved it
  • Through The Wall (An Apple Trail Novella, 1)
  • Twisted Arrangement (Twisted #1)
  • What Wendy Wants
  • Naked Edge
  • Mirror (Luke, #1)
  • One Step Closer  (The DeLuca Brothers, #1)
  • All In
  • The Billionaire Bargain
  • Home for Love
  • Legal Action (Surrendering Charlotte Chronicles #1)
  • Wounded (Aspen, #0.5)
  • Heart You
  • Kiss Me
  • Double Dare
  • Smoking Holt (Tryst Island, #3)
  • Strictly Business
  • Tempt Me Not (Wicked, #1)
  • The Mating (Wild Cats, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.
More about Lexi Ryan...
Unbreak Me (New Hope, #1) Lost in Me (Here and Now, #1) Wish I May (New Hope, #2) Fall to You (Here and Now, #2) All for This (Here and Now, #3)