Start by marking “Physiology Of Behavior” as Want to Read:
Physiology Of Behavior

Physiology Of Behavior

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  188 ratings  ·  17 reviews
"The most current, comprehensive, and teachable text for biological psychology" Thoughtfully organized, "Physiology of Behavior" provides a scholarly yet accessible portrait of the dynamic interaction between biology and behavior. Close collaboration between the author and a talented artist has resulted in beautiful, accurate, and pedagogically effective illustrations in e ...more
Paperback
Published June 16th 2006 by Pearson (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Physiology Of Behavior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Physiology Of Behavior

Ingrid
Después de acabar la carrera y "perder" el libro en una mudanza, volví a comprarlo (esta edición, que era la que había en ese momento). Además de ser un manual básico de Psicología, está explicado de una manera muy amena (aunque a veces con vocabulario un tanto especializado).

Si volviera a perderlo, volvería a comprarlo. Vale la pena. Ahora lo recuerdo con más cariño que antes, porque cargar con este tocho en la mochila para ir a clase, era un suplicio :P
Charles
I've used this book as the text in teaching my physiological psychology class ever since I started back in 1986. This is the latest edition. One of the clearest and most complete textbooks out there. Excellent work.
Sandra
This is a fabulous overview text. It is well laid out, has good illustrations and case studies.
Mulber
FINALLY. bleedin textbooks, why you take so long to read, huh?
Chrissy
A wonderful text! Very informative, well-written, and well organized.
Paul Easton
If you want to learn about physiological psychology this seems like the place to start. It is long and dense but readable and well organized, and seeded with interesting anecdotal topics. It didn't say enough about anatomy for my purposes but anatomy is difficult and boring so I'm sure it will be enough for most people.
Diazina
This has been my favourite textbook of all time, and the first I read cover-to-cover. Well laid-out, comprehensive, and engagingly written to the point of boasting a few laugh-out-loud moments. Excellent introduction to the interface between Physiology, Neurology, and Psychology.
Ginger Shultz
May 07, 2008 Ginger Shultz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: psychology and medical students
This book is a good overview of physiological cornerstones and aspects of psychological functions and conditions as well as human anatomy and physiology. It was a little heavy sometimes and hard to digest as far as being able to understand the text and concepts the first time through. it was good to have the supplementary work text.
Nariyah Moonshadow
M'he llegit la vuitena edició i m'ha encantat. Presenta una visió amplia del funcionament del Sistema Nerviós explicacions molt senzilles i fàcils d'entendre. Si us interessa endinsar-vos en el coneixement del funcionament del cervell aquest és el vostre manual.
Leigh
Had to read this for my Psycho-pharmacology class, so I can't really say I liked it. However, it was very informative. It went into a lot of detail about neurotransmitters & specific disorders. I'll probably keep it around for quick reference.
Kerry
Very informative text, invaluable to students studying any aspect of Biological Psychology. Probably a bit too indepth for those starting out - but presevere and reap the satisfaction of reading one of the better books for this branch of Psychology.
Krystal
Amazingly fascinating! Loved this textbook and learned so much. Although some of it was incredibly scientific that made it hard to comprehend it had wonderful portions that made everything understandable. Loved this textbook.
Jenna
I found this text extremely elementary. Probably useful if you're just beginning to explore neuroscience and behaviour, however it will not take you very far. It does explain topics very clearly with good diagrams.
Natasha
Jun 10, 2007 Natasha is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm reading this strictly for class, however, the mind is fascinating, you know? If you happen to pick up this book for some reason, do the blind spot exercise on Pg. 173. Amazing!
Pablo Costa wegsman
Brillante análisis de la empatía como medio para un sociedad más justa (¿Más humana?)...
Holly
reading a different edition though.
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Ian Carnevale
Ian Carnevale marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Melissa Sellies
Melissa Sellies is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2015
Gali
Gali marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2015
Steven Chakansky
Steven Chakansky marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
angela serravalle
angela serravalle marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Mattea Bruce
Mattea Bruce marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Maysm Ameen
Maysm Ameen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
  • Principles of Neural Science
  • Fundamentals of Human Neuropsychology
  • Theoretical Neuroscience: Computational and Mathematical Modeling of Neural Systems
  • Biological Psychology
  • Biopsychology
  • Conditioned Reflexes
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • Cognitive Neuroscience
  • Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach with IP-10 (5th Edition)
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: An Experiential Approach to Behavior Change
  • Elementary Statistics
  • Family Therapy: Concepts and Methods
  • Families & Family Therapy
  • The Practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Creating Connection
  • The Principles of Psychology Vol 2
  • Searching for Memory: The Brain, the Mind, and the Past
  • We Are Our Brains - From The Womb To Alzheimer's
Foundations of Physiological Psychology Physiology of Behavior, with Neuroscience Animations and Student Study Guide CD-ROM, Eighth Edition Psychology: The Science of Behavior (International Student Edition) Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience (paper) Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition) Foundations Of Physiological Psychology: Study Guide