Physiology Of Behavior

Physiology Of Behavior

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  15 reviews
"The most current, comprehensive, and teachable text for biological psychology" Thoughtfully organized, "Physiology of Behavior" provides a scholarly yet accessible portrait of the dynamic interaction between biology and behavior. Close collaboration between the author and a talented artist has resulted in beautiful, accurate, and pedagogically effective illustrations in e...more
Paperback
Published June 16th 2006 by Pearson (first published January 1st 1981)

Charles
I've used this book as the text in teaching my physiological psychology class ever since I started back in 1986. This is the latest edition. One of the clearest and most complete textbooks out there. Excellent work.
Sandra
This is a fabulous overview text. It is well laid out, has good illustrations and case studies.
Mulber
FINALLY. bleedin textbooks, why you take so long to read, huh?
Chrissy
A wonderful text! Very informative, well-written, and well organized.
Deborah
This has been my favourite textbook of all time, and the first I read cover-to-cover. Well laid-out, comprehensive, and engagingly written to the point of boasting a few laugh-out-loud moments. Excellent introduction to the interface between Physiology, Neurology, and Psychology.
Ginger Shultz
May 07, 2008 Ginger Shultz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: psychology and medical students
This book is a good overview of physiological cornerstones and aspects of psychological functions and conditions as well as human anatomy and physiology. It was a little heavy sometimes and hard to digest as far as being able to understand the text and concepts the first time through. it was good to have the supplementary work text.
Nariyah Moonshadow
M'he llegit la vuitena edició i m'ha encantat. Presenta una visió amplia del funcionament del Sistema Nerviós explicacions molt senzilles i fàcils d'entendre. Si us interessa endinsar-vos en el coneixement del funcionament del cervell aquest és el vostre manual.
Leigh
Had to read this for my Psycho-pharmacology class, so I can't really say I liked it. However, it was very informative. It went into a lot of detail about neurotransmitters & specific disorders. I'll probably keep it around for quick reference.
Kerry
Very informative text, invaluable to students studying any aspect of Biological Psychology. Probably a bit too indepth for those starting out - but presevere and reap the satisfaction of reading one of the better books for this branch of Psychology.
Krystal
Amazingly fascinating! Loved this textbook and learned so much. Although some of it was incredibly scientific that made it hard to comprehend it had wonderful portions that made everything understandable. Loved this textbook.
Jenna
I found this text extremely elementary. Probably useful if you're just beginning to explore neuroscience and behaviour, however it will not take you very far. It does explain topics very clearly with good diagrams.
Natasha
Jun 10, 2007 Natasha is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm reading this strictly for class, however, the mind is fascinating, you know? If you happen to pick up this book for some reason, do the blind spot exercise on Pg. 173. Amazing!
Pablo Costa wegsman
Brillante análisis de la empatía como medio para un sociedad más justa (¿Más humana?)...
Holly
reading a different edition though.
Daria
Daria added it
Jul 24, 2014
Christine
Christine is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2014
Austin
Austin marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Edenush
Edenush marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Reut Sabato
Reut Sabato marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Shahar
Shahar marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Foundations of Physiological Psychology Physiology of Behavior, with Neuroscience Animations and Student Study Guide CD-ROM, Eighth Edition Psychology: The Science of Behavior (International Student Edition) Fisiologia De La Conducta With Cdrom (Spanish Edition) Psychology