Dizzy

Dizzy

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  3,068 ratings  ·  271 reviews
Dylan doesn’t do relationships. He and his older brother watched their dad go through hell and back, so they made a pact years ago—no girl would come between the Gibson boys. But his brother sells out. He's getting married anyway. To the sister of a chick Dylan met at a party, who's probably the angriest girl he's ever met. Unfortunately, she happens to be hot, too.

Ziah’s...more
Published November 15th 2012 by Next Door Books

Jenny Levine
DYLAN + ZIAH = DY-ZI = DIZZY

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE ;)

First of all, Nyrae and Jolene's dedications are too cute for words :D

Lol. Anyway, I'm doing a short review. -->
I had soooooo much fun reading Dizzy!!! This book is a mixture of romance, drama, comedy, and angst rolled into a beautiful package that will make you smile, laugh, swoon, and be in love. I think the chemistry between Dylan and Ziah is off the charts! Plus, they are likable and funny. I loved how the authors have writ...more
♥Rachel♥

Dizzy was such a fun read! It starts out with lots of chemistry and snark, and ends with a lot of heart, and maybe a couple of tears. I just adored this story!

Ziah is finishing her senior year concentrating on good grades and moving onto to med school with her steady beau, James. The last thing she wants to do is go some drunken party, but her boyfriend and best friend, Alyssa want to go, so she’s there. This is where she runs into Dylan, or rather where he runs into her, spilling beer all ove...more
Jennifer Kyle
4 1/2 Stars
”He’s the need and the sparks and the laughter, and he touches my heart in a way it’s never been touched before. It’s terrifying and so honest it makes me dizzy.”

description

With just enough drama, angst and wedding preparations Dizzy is a fun YA read! I laughed and smiled through each and every page of this book.

At Dylan Gibson's home a Halloween party is underway...the flyers went out, the alcohol is chilling, and his best friend Paul has the music pumping. Dylan's happy with the way he liv...more
Booknut

Dylan doesn't do relationships.
Ziah doesn't do break-ups.
Both don't do weddings.

When Dylan - one half of the 'Gibson boys' with their 'party hard' motto - hears that his brothe...more
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
Nov 20, 2012 Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Clean YA Lovers
Shelves: ya-na
"But my stomach starts constricting because I MIGHT HAVE WANTED IT TO BE A DATE. I mean, what is that? Dates lead to commitment and commitment leads to temporary insanity and temporary insanity leads to full on mental illness—picking out china patterns, choosing museums to get married in—and ends with two fucked-in-the head sons and a dad trying to hold it together when he’s just as fucked-in-the-head as they are.
So no, I definitely don’t want it to have been a date."
- Dylan

SIGH-- Another mas...more
Jessica
♥ ♥ ♥

Yay, this was so much fun and heartwarming and honest and real. Seriously, dozens of times I thought “buckle up, now it’s time for the DRAMA to start” but these characters acted like real, sane people would. Sure, both Ziah and Dylan have their flaws but they don’t react in this over-the-top kind of way that’s so typical for this genre. As I said, their reactions felt real and I could relate to both of them really well. I loved that I didn’t want to smash my head against the wall like I so...more
Unholy Unicorn
While it's not without problems, DIZZY is romantic comedy worth reading because it is packed with genuinely funny moments. The two leads is full of humor, charm, & spunk, and that's saying a lot.

Dylan is a hot party boy and he so knows it.
He's motto in life is to...

And yeah, party some more. With hot girls.

Without ever getting his heart involved of course. He learned it the hard way as a child. From perfect to shattered. He became...

But not anymore. After all, he learned from the the best, h...more
Kimi
Nov 18, 2012 Kimi marked it as to-read
<3 <3 Two of my favorite authors writing a book together?? WIN! As expected. I loved this book. It was sweet and romantic. Exactly what I needed :). I'm so glad it came out early.
Wendy Higgins
Happy SQUEE!!! This book is SO dang cute, guys. Nyrae and Jolene rock the dual point of view so well - I love when they team together. DIZZY is adorable and hot and sweet and swoony.
Jolene Perry
Oct 13, 2012 Jolene Perry added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-this
This book is LOADS of hilarious fun and I adore Nyrae Dawn for suggesting we write this together :-D
Cynn
Si tenés ganas de leer algo que te haga sonreír, tenés que leer este libro.

La historia es contada por nuestros dos protagonistas. Por un lado, tenemos a Dylan. Dylan es un chico al que le gusta divertirse con su mejor amigo, Paul. Planean fiestas y sale con chicas pero no quiere tener una relación seria. La razón de esto es el "pacto de Hermanos Gibson" que hacen entre él y Derrick (su hermano mayor) cuando eran pequeños. -"Ninguna chica se interpondrá entre los chicos Gibson"-.Él está preparand...more
Jessirae
I love a good romance with a swoony couple that makes me melt and the drama that comes with it. Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry had this down perfectly. They wrote one cute and lovable book that will surely touch the hearts of many.

We start off with two marvelous characters, Dylan and Ziah, who are brought together through the upcoming marriage of their siblings. Dylan and Ziah don’t have much in common and come from opposite worlds, but these two come together under unpleasant circumstanc...more
Jenn
Nov 27, 2012 Jenn rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Buddy read with Bethany
3 - 3.5 star rating

LOVE THIS moment between Ziah and Dlyan:
"My hand moves to her cheek and then my lips press against hers. I kiss her gently, as though she's breakable, when she's anything but. Then I grab her waist and pull us even closer than we were before. This kiss feels different than our others. She's definitely a voodoo girl. Maybe not angry, but she's cast a spell on me that makes me crazy and makes me want her more and more."

This is a cute quick read. Ziah and Dylan both are against...more
Devyani
This review along with all the buzzy stuff can be found on YA Fanatic

This book makes me soooo Dizzy with happiness.

Dammit book! Where were you all my life? Where were you when I was banging my head on the wall because I was tired of reading horrible characters who make romance=cheese? Where were you when I was a worn out traveller in disguise , in search of books that gave me that kind of lightiness that made me swoon senselessly? WHERE WERE YOU?

Before I start this review , I'm just going to hav...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
This was all sorts of sweet YA deliciousness. Low angst, high "aww" factor, this was a fast, enjoyable read. I LOVED the alternating point of views. Despite his player past, Dylan was such a sweetheart. I felt so bad for him - if ever there was a good reason for someone to be gun shy about getting emotionally evolved, Dylan had it. Watching him fall for Ziah, his perfect match in every way, was so much fun. They are a super endearing couple, and I'd love to see more of them in the future.
Leigh Moore
LOVE the chemistry between the main characters. The idea of them bumping into each other and then later learning their older siblings are getting married is great. And the wedding planning is hilarious.

Ultimately, it was the chemistry once they fell in love that pushed it over the edge. *swoon*
Cha
Nyrae Dawn
Jolene Perry
=

[image error]

Indeed - the whole book was a blast. It was a fast read, easy on the heart, and so just worth the time and effort you spent on reading. No reason to be dizzy because Ms. Dawn and Ms. Perry combined their writing talent to produce this amazing, amazing book.

Dylan (one of the Gibson Boys) was given the shock of his life when his brother suddenly announced that he was getting married. They promised each other that no girls would come between them both after t...more
Gisbelle
Consider me one of these two wonderful authors biggest fans after reading this book. I have always loved Ms. Nyrae Dawn's books and this is by far the best book she has ever written. I would say the same to Ms. Jolene Perry, but I have never read any of her books before. Now I know what I have been missing. Dang! After witnessing this wonderful piece of work, we have an equation: Nyrae Dawn + Jolene Perry = A breathtaking, swoon-worthy book!

Let's start with one of the most important part of the...more
Georgia
I decided to buy Dizzy after reading some very good reviews praising the authors for such an awesome book! I love contemporary books and I thought this one was going to be a heart breaking, beautiful, breath taking story. I enjoyed Dizzy, although not as much as I thought I would. There was something about Dizzy that was lacking. Maybe it was the writing, maybe it was the characters or the plot, but whatever it was, affected my rating and thoughts on the book.

The Gibson boys made a pact after th...more
Christy
So, I pretty much loved this book!
Such a fun and cute read with the perfect amount of emotion!

Dylan and Derrick are brothers who grew up with their dad after their mom bolted when they were just kids. They decided then that they didn't need women in their lives. Thats until Derrick meets Lora in college and proposes. Dylan is not very excited. Neither is Lora's sister Ziah. Ziah and Dylan quickly realzie that they have met before at a party. Dylan is 'hot party guy' and Ziah is 'Hanes'. They a...more
Rachmi
This is my third encounter with Nyrae Dawn's books after Charade and Freeing Carter. And now I'm sure that I will read her other books, it doesn't mean that I didn't think it before but I just love the way she wrote from boys POV. She can write sad-torture boy POV as good as silly-hilarious boy POV. Yet this is my first experience with Jolene Perry's books. I liked Ziah, she's a funny-confused-normal girl. I like when characters acted as normal as their supposed to be. It made them seems like...more
Denise
Meh, I just wasn't that in to it. One thing that I don't like is when authors have it so one character has to tell the other one something and they're like, "Shh. Later." Or walking away from the convo, or whatever other tool to drag it out. I have never in my life - nor, I have ever known anyone who - heard the words, "We need to talk," or "I have to tell you," or "I wanted to say," and then brush it off and neither person bring it up again and this THING, for lack of a better word, never gets...more
Ari Bookzilla.
Aw, this was seriously too cute.

Both Dylan and Ziah are wonderful characters and there is some great chemistry between them. Their friendship is so effortless even though they are trying to resist it in the beginning, and then, once things start to happen it was lovely to read. I was left wanting more in the end, I must confess.
Nyrae Dawn really does write some of the best male characters.

I also loved Derrick and Lora, they were so adorable together.

I won't boast about either author because I've...more
Pat
Wow! Why do I suddenly felt, uh, dizzy? ;) Here, I found both characters real significant. It's not like any other story that has two point of view. Well, others are good but this seems like..complete? This is a proof that two heads are really better than one. It gives more color to the story. Totally lovable!
Hannah
"You never really know what's waiting for you. You never really know what's gonna happen or why. You just have to be able to deal with it. Big or small. That's life."

Sooo true. Nice read. :)
Cindi
Such a fun read & I couldn't put it down! Lots of laughs, heart clenches, & swoons.
Lisa Jayne
A sweet, easy, YA romance.
Jo
There are very few authors that are an automatic buy for me. Let me explain as you can see I buy and read a lot (emphasis on “Lot”) of books. So I have to be very judicious on which books I will actually spend money on every month. I think of it like a triage situation. I would buy them all but, tuition mortgage and the kid and husband insisting on groceries get in the way so for almost every book I buy I read the reviews and check availability from other resources etc before I buy. Some authors...more
Tracey Ramey
I thought this book was adorable! It was just what I needed after several crappy books and some that were very steamy and angsty that have filled up my Kindle in the last few weeks. I finished this book up this morning in my PJs with a cup of coffee and it was perfection! I loved Ziah and Dylan and as usual I love a reformed bad boy/emotionally stunted boy and a girl so beautiful and amazing that she breaks down his walls while breaking down her own without even realizing it! I love those storie...more
Ashley
I was so excited when I seen this book was released, I downloaded it to my kindle and read it non stop in a matter of hours. It.Was.That.Good!!! I have just recently discovered Nyrae Dawn and just this week I have read 2 other books by her. I love the way she writes and her charachters are easy to relate to. This is my first read by Jolene Perry but will not be my last. These ladies are wonderful together, their writing flows together perfectly.

Dylan is a party boy, loves the hook ups but never...more
  • Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend
  • Falling
  • Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
  • Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls
  • Forever Changed
  • My Heart for Yours (My Heart for Yours, #1)
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment
  • Through the Lens (Through the Lens, #1)
  • Perchance
  • Bound Together
  • The Truth About Faking
  • The Unloved
  • The One for Me
  • Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole, #1)
  • Twisted
  • Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)
  • Impossible (With Me, #1)
  • Dante's Girl (The Paradise Diaries, #1)
I am a compulsive reader and writer who loves YA fiction.

I love nothing more than writing about young adults. There is something so fresh and fun about it. You can pretty much always find me with a book in my hand or open document in front of me.

I live in Southern California with my husband and two children.

More about Nyrae Dawn...
Charade (Games, #1) What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants, #1) Measuring Up Facade (Games, #2) What a Boy Needs (What a Boy Wants, #2)

“He’s the need and the sparks and the laughter, and he touches my heart in a way it’s never been touched before. It’s terrifying and so honest it makes me dizzy.” 29 likes
“It’s so strange how one choice can derail so many lives. It was so huge to me, I expected her answer to change everything, but it didn’t. I guess that’s life, right? You never really know what’s waiting for you. You never really know what’s going to happen or why. You just have to be able to deal with it. Big or small.” 20 likes