Abandon (For Kindle)

Abandon (For Kindle)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Annalise never thought she’d live to see the apocalypse, but after the 2012 election she finds herself in a world that is falling apart. Riots are occurring everywhere and when her ex-boyfriend Cort texts her with an escape plan, she accepts the invite and follows him to the mountains of Western Maryland.

Once they make it to their destination though, everything is not as i...more
Published October 11th 2012 by Stephanie Dorman

World War Z by Max BrooksFeed by Mira GrantCryonic by Travis BradberryRot and Ruin by Jonathan MaberryWarm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Best Zombie Books
377th out of 678 books — 1,567 voters
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie RyanThe Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie RyanRot and Ruin by Jonathan MaberryThe Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie RyanHollowland by Amanda Hocking
YA Zombie Novels
96th out of 160 books — 610 voters

More lists with this book...

Laurie
First off, let me just say that I really was grabbed right from the get-go by the cover. I love it! It’s creepy but cozy, too – does that make sense? Probably not, but that is exactly the feeling it evokes in me. The whole mess starts in D.C. which I found humorous. What can I say? In my opinion, our Capitol is already filled with a brain-dead congress. So that started the book off on the right track for me. Told from the perspective of a savvy young protagonist who has actually prepared for yea...more
Rheanna Atkinson

1. Did the plot pull you in or did you feel you had to force yourself to read the book?
I didn't have to force myself to read the book but the story didn't seem to gel together enough to flow smoothly. Some parts appeared jerky and other parts appeared very cliche. In other words, there didn't seem to be anything outstanding or unique about this book.

2. How realistic was the characterization? Did the actions of the characters seem plausible?
The romance bits seemed almost natural and plausible b...more
Mercedes
I loved this book; why then am I giving it only 4 stars? The editing could have been better. There were many sentences with a missing word or misplaced word causing me to re-read the sentence a couple times. Enough about that. I wasn't sure what to expect to have happened to the world once the group ran away from civilization. I did get very much involved with the characters and felt they were very realistic.

There are spoilers below so please stop reading if you don't want to know. I wasn't expe...more
Brandy Corona
m a huge fan of the majorly popular zombie apocalypse story line. I love the show The Walking Dead and this novel was simliar (in ways) to TWD which means I LOVED IT!

I like Stephanie's style of writing, the book was easy to read and understand. I loved how IN DEPTH she got with the characters. I love well developed characters and this was definitly a major plus in this story!

This story is not as 'action packed' as some zombie apocalypse stories can be, but that was just fine with me!! It was uni...more
Jessica
I give this only three stars, because although I really enjoyed the characters and the interesting plot building, I felt I only got to read part of the story. It didn't read like a traditional part of a series book, it read more like just a novella. The premise is a zombie apocalypse, but don't expect to read about anything zombie related. The book follows a couple in executing the first part of "the plan" and never really fleshes out anything beyond the first step. that being said, I will be re...more
MB Mulhall
I really enjoyed this book. I love the idea of a couple who sits around planning for the Apocalypse. That sounds like something I would do!

The characters were relateable and I have definite favorites I am rooting for. There's not a whole lot of edge of your seat action and suspense, but there's a definite buildup and many parts that leave you wondering what's going to happen next.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series to see what goes on next! I dub it definitely worth a read. Pick...more
Jessica Baker
Jessica Baker marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Camilla
Camilla marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Jackylina Ketterman
Jackylina Ketterman marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Tereasa Mckee
Tereasa Mckee is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
demons
demons marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Ananya Roy
Ananya Roy marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Stacey Feitz
Stacey Feitz marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Denise Kuntz
Denise Kuntz marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Feather
Feather marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Gayle Noble
Gayle Noble marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Chino
Chino marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Nesseroni
Nesseroni marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
  • It’s a Dog’s Life
  • The Newstead Project
  • Paranormal Pleasures: Ten Tales of Supernatural Seduction
  • Cursed
  • Bulletproof
  • Eden
  • Spell Fire (Teen Wytche Saga #3)
  • Wolf Tracker (After the Crash #3)
  • Chasing the Witch (Boston Witches, #2)
  • Mirror of Shadows
  • Wolf's Trap (Wolf Cycle, #1)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • I Have People
  • Strange Places (Finding Tayna, #1)
  • The Bonded
  • Matt Archer: Monster Hunter (Matt Archer #1)
  • Shadow Eyes
  • Much Ado About Marshals
Stephanie lives in the D.C. area and, when not writing, performs polka variations of billboard top 10 songs at subway terminals using her (patent pending) one woman band music suit (this consists of an accordion harmonica, cymbals, jazz flute and full drum set among other instruments. All told the suit weighs 150 pounds and Stephanie has several trained helper monkeys and a shopping cart to move i...more
More about Stephanie Dorman...
The Necklace Savior