Start by marking “Abandon (For Kindle)” as Want to Read:
Abandon (For Kindle)

Abandon (For Kindle)

Annalise never thought she’d live to see the apocalypse, but after the 2012 election she finds herself in a world that is falling apart. Riots are occurring everywhere and when her ex-boyfriend Cort texts her with an escape plan, she accepts the invite and follows him to the mountains of Western Maryland.

Once they make it to their destination though, everything is not as i
Published October 11th 2012 by Stephanie Dorman

To ask other readers questions about Abandon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abandon

Laurie
First off, let me just say that I really was grabbed right from the get-go by the cover. I love it! It’s creepy but cozy, too – does that make sense? Probably not, but that is exactly the feeling it evokes in me. The whole mess starts in D.C. which I found humorous. What can I say? In my opinion, our Capitol is already filled with a brain-dead congress. So that started the book off on the right track for me. Told from the perspective of a savvy young protagonist who has actually prepared for ...more
Mercedes
Jan 10, 2013 Mercedes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book; why then am I giving it only 4 stars? The editing could have been better. There were many sentences with a missing word or misplaced word causing me to re-read the sentence a couple times. Enough about that. I wasn't sure what to expect to have happened to the world once the group ran away from civilization. I did get very much involved with the characters and felt they were very realistic.

There are spoilers below so please stop reading if you don't want to know. I wasn't expe
Brandy Corona
Dec 06, 2012 Brandy Corona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
m a huge fan of the majorly popular zombie apocalypse story line. I love the show The Walking Dead and this novel was simliar (in ways) to TWD which means I LOVED IT!

I like Stephanie's style of writing, the book was easy to read and understand. I loved how IN DEPTH she got with the characters. I love well developed characters and this was definitly a major plus in this story!

This story is not as 'action packed' as some zombie apocalypse stories can be, but that was just fine with me!! It was uni
Jessica
Nov 21, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
I give this only three stars, because although I really enjoyed the characters and the interesting plot building, I felt I only got to read part of the story. It didn't read like a traditional part of a series book, it read more like just a novella. The premise is a zombie apocalypse, but don't expect to read about anything zombie related. The book follows a couple in executing the first part of "the plan" and never really fleshes out anything beyond the first step. that being said, I will be ...more
Kimberly
Really enjoyed this book. I wish it had more of the Zombie aspect to it. But it was a good set up book for this series. You didn't really get much info on the zombie virus until the very end, and that was a bit frustrating. But it was more a glimpse of the very beginning, getting to a safe place, stocking up on supplies, and how much they were cut off from ANY information at all. They were totally secluded so had no clue about anything. So the next book should be very good. As I said this is a ...more
MB Mulhall
Jan 01, 2013 MB Mulhall rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I love the idea of a couple who sits around planning for the Apocalypse. That sounds like something I would do!

The characters were relateable and I have definite favorites I am rooting for. There's not a whole lot of edge of your seat action and suspense, but there's a definite buildup and many parts that leave you wondering what's going to happen next.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series to see what goes on next! I dub it definitely worth a read. Pick
Colleen Lindstrom
Feb 05, 2015 Colleen Lindstrom rated it it was amazing
So...one day I typed in to a search engine "I wish there was a zombie apocalypse". On one of the blogs I read, I found a link to this book. It was the very first zombie book I'd ever read, and am now completely hooked on them. It had descriptive character - super easy to get a good mental image of what was going on. My only complaint is that there wasn't more! I keep hoping there will be other books to follow, as we just barely got started with zombie adventures here.
Elissa Green
Elissa Green rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Stephanie Dorman
Nov 16, 2012 Stephanie Dorman rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
ryan kickland
ryan kickland rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Blair
Blair rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2014
Sytha
Sytha rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Hd DeLeon
Hd DeLeon rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2012
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2014
Joel
Joel rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Maria Gremban
Maria Gremban rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2015
Brittney
Brittney rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Karen Smith
Karen Smith rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Kim Hassey
Kim Hassey rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Mary Wilson
Mary Wilson rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2012
Joelle Groff
Joelle Groff rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
john
john rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
Ed
Ed rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2015
Deb G.
Deb G. rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Jan
Jan rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2012
  • The Dead Survive (The Dead Survive, #1)
  • The Turn
  • End Dayz (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5)
  • Atlantis (A Shrouded World #2)
  • Fallen Grace (Grace, #4)
  • What Survives of Us (Colorado Chapters #1)
  • Dark Passing
  • This Plague of Days, Season 1
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
  • Running Wild (Zombie Games, #2)
  • It’s a Dog’s Life
  • State of Decay: Part One
  • Night Journey
  • Primal Shift: Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller)
  • Instinct
  • Earth Blend (Blend Trilogy #2)
  • In the End (Quarantined, #2)
  • Paranormal Pleasures: Ten Tales of Supernatural Seduction
Stephanie lives in the D.C. area and, when not writing, performs polka variations of billboard top 10 songs at subway terminals using her (patent pending) one woman band music suit (this consists of an accordion harmonica, cymbals, jazz flute and full drum set among other instruments. All told the suit weighs 150 pounds and Stephanie has several trained helper monkeys and a shopping cart to move ...more
More about Stephanie Dorman...