Start by marking “Let it Snow” as Want to Read:
Let it Snow

Let it Snow

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  51,313 ratings  ·  4,992 reviews
An ill-timed storm on Christmas Eve buries the residents of Gracetown under multiple feet of snow and causes quite a bit of chaos. One brave soul ventures out into the storm from her stranded train and sets off a chain of events that will change quite a few lives. Over the next three days one girl takes a risky shortcut with an adorable stranger, three friends set out to w ...more
Paperback, Single Title Edition, 352 pages
Published 2012 by Speak (first published October 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Let it Snow, please sign up.

Clarissa I don't think he necessarily represented something (but maybe he did i don't know) but i saw him as the character who links the three stories…moreI don't think he necessarily represented something (but maybe he did i don't know) but i saw him as the character who links the three stories together. He's in each story so you get this familiar feeling when we see him. (less)
Petra Miocic I've read only Green's part for now and yes, his characters are, surprisingly, teenagers. Just kidding, of course, but what surprises is the fact that…moreI've read only Green's part for now and yes, his characters are, surprisingly, teenagers. Just kidding, of course, but what surprises is the fact that none of his teenagers died, was born with strange personality or whatsoever and I still got to have so much fun while going with them on this snowy Christmas adventure. (less)

It started off strong and got progressively weaker. Maureen Johnson was fun, John Green all right and Lauren Myracle dismal.

Maureen Johnson's story was super quirky and giggly and slightly ridiculous (in a good way). I liked Jubilee a lot, crazy as she was, and was amused to see a lot of my mother in Stuart's. It was just cheery, fun Christmas fluff.

John Green's kind of drove me nuts. I wanted to like it more, but I guess I am not that adventurous, because I kept thinking that the characters wer
This is the perfect book to curl up with when it’s cold and snowing outside. It is one of those reads that just makes you want to snuggle up on your couch, a hot cocoa or tea in hand and enjoy the winterly atmosphere. In fact, the only thing missing for my perfect reading experience was the fireplace ;).

I don’t want to give too much away about the stories themselves because I think it is best to go into this book unprepared and let yourself be surprised. I liked all three stories, but The Jubile
Pretty much what you'd expect. Light, fun, festive. Had the feel of an ABC Family made-for-tv holiday special (which I love!), but funnier. And quirkier. Because John Green and Maureen Johnson are funny and quirky and their styles and characters fit together so naturally. While I like Myracle just fine, she feels like the third wheel in this collection of interconnected stories and leaving her to pen the final story and tie everything together was Let It Snow's major flaw. It was nice to see all ...more
Elina Zalkalne
Sigh. Half of me wants to scream WORST BOOK EVER. UGH. BLEHH. MNEHH. AAARGHHH MY BRAIN IS BLEEDING. The other half is thinking: John Green, you absolute motherfucking genius. You managed to salvage this utter arse-crap. Well. Fucking. Done.
As much as I hate chick-lit [and this is beyond chick-lit. it's like 300 pages of mushy, smoochy, splodge of chick-lit paradise], I read this because...oh fuck it, it's Xmas. I could barely get through the first of the 3 stories. It killed my brain cells, I sw
This is so super cute!!!
I love all of the stories and it's great how they all come together in the end!! Such a perfect Christmas book :D
(ca. 2009/03/23:) Three snowy stories by different authors melted into a satisfying whole. Yes, I think, I like it! I have finished the first story "Jubilee Line" by Maureen Johnson (great style, by the way. Funny, a little crazy, a little romantic.) and started the second one, "Cheertastic Christmas Miracle" by John Green. After a few pages I thought: "Wait, another Waffle House in the middle of nowhere? These guys know a heartbroken boy named Stuart Weintraub? Ha, this is the protagonist from ...more
Kate ❣
This book was absolutely perfect!
Honestly, one of my favourite books ever, even if it is a Christmas book!
I loved every single story SO much:
The Jubilee express by Maureen Johnson: 5 stars
A Cheertastic Christmas miracle by John Green: 4 stars
The patron saint of pigs by Lauren Myracle: 5 stars

Just pick up this book if you haven't already, it was amazing! I also absolutely loved how all the stories intertwined together at the end, it was so well done!
It made me smile so many times and would be
Cait Grace
Oh a cute fluffy romance about snow and Christmas.
I read it because I LOVE John Green...and I'm not sad I read it...but I'm definitely underwhelmed. It's 3 short stories, but they still all connect. So it's like ONE book but in 3 parts with 3 POV.

STORY 1: The Jubilee Express narrated by Jubilee (author Maureen Johnson)
This is my FAVOURITE. It's definitely 4-star worthy. I loved how cute and witty and wonderful Jubilee was. Her voice is fantastic and I'm 100% sold on Maureen Johnson's writing (
This book, even though it is categorized as one book (singular) it should really be categorized as three books (plural) because although the stories within the book are interrelated, the writing-style and general plot of each story is unique and each could stand on its own. It only seems fitting to write three mini-reviews.
Note: the review may get rather long and unwieldy. I apologize in advance.
Section 1:
The Jubilee Express

Just a little taste of chapter one beforehand… name is Jub
Andie (_HalfBl00dPrincess)
To be fair, these three stories should be rated separately.
The Jubilee Express 4.5 's - A fun and quirky read with very like able characters.
A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle 4 's - I expected to like John Green's story the best because well, he's John Green! I loved how adventurous this story was but it came off a little forced and the characters annoying at times.
The Patron Saint of Pigs 2 's - I found myself mostly skimming through this one because the main character was whiny and self absor
Looking for Alaska is popular with my students, and I've enjoyed everything I've read by John Green, so I bought this for my classroom library.

The first story was pretty good: girl-meets-boy-in-a-blizzard. The boy was very sweet. I would definitely seek out more of Maureen Johnson's work for my classroom.

The John Green story was familiar: nerdy guy's adventures with his brainy (in this case, Asian) friend and their one-of-the-boys, liable-to-say-anything platonic girl pal.

The last story seemed
Muy bueno, unas historias super tiernas de navidad. La mejor fue la de Maureen Johnson, es la más linda en mi opinión.
Reseña completa en Gracias a los libros.
PD: Leí este libro mientras escuchaba un playlist de canciones de navidad, fue una de las mejores decisiones que tomé :)
Candy Hartley

see my more detailed reviews on

This book is so good!! It makes you feel the magic of Christmas and gives you all the feels!
My favorite is definitely the story by Maureen Johnson! It's so romantic and lovely! The reason why I gave this book 4.5 stars is because I'm slightly disappointed by John Green's story.
Karly *The Vampire Ninja & Luminescent Monster*

"Chest hairs roasting on an open fire/ jack frost biting of your nose/ Yule tide carollers being hung by the choir...." Errm shit, wrong song.
Happy Holidays, my lovelies!!

I don’t normally do any themed reads this time of year (and I am now doing TWO, craziness)... BUT when I saw this anthology on the shelf while gift getting I snatched it up lickity split…. BECAUSE John Green!

Anyways, this is a book comprised of three teen romance novellas (?!) set over the span of three days, Christmas Eve t
Raeleen Lemay
AHHHHH SO CUTE AND FLUFFY AND WONDERFUL. AHH. My favorite story was definitely the second one, John's, BUT I LOVED THEM ALL.
B u n n y ♥  | BooksWithBunny
*3.3 stars*

On Feb. 6th it snowed like crazy where I live so I was in need of something snow themed to read. Let Is Snow contains three short stories that are linked together. My Christmas spirit is gone by now but overall I really enjoyed this book.

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson; *3 stars*.
The first story was okay, even though I didn't like the kind of insta-love thing that was going on I still enjoyed it.
When I finished it I was like: "", it was cute and I liked the writing style
4.5 Stars

I don't read much anthology since short stories are just well, short, and I find it hard to connect with the characters. That all seemed to change once I finished this book.
I Absolutely loved it!

Let it Snow is about three couples. Three stories. Written by three authors. Each story is semi-connected to the other, giving us a full picture of the events of these characters night and the Christmas miracle that graced there lives.

The first story is by Maureen Johnson, titled The Jubilee Exp
AHHH how did I forget to review this?!

This is the type of book that makes ya feel all warmm, my favourite story by far was Maureen Johnson's so I am desperate to get ma hands on some of her books. Definitely the best thing about this book though was how the characters and stories all fit into each other, I just loved reading parts of the book and being like "Wait, wasn't that character in that story?" and "OMG I REMEMBER YOUU"

Love love loved thiss <3's and xoxox's
Francisca Viegas
This book was incredibly peculiar. Even though I didn't enjoy it very much, the idea was beautiful. It is composed by 3 short stories which are all connected. They all took place in a small town named Gracetown, and most of the characters appeared, or were at least referenced in another story.
Let's break it down, shall we?

Maureen Johnson - The Jubilee Express : 3
I had never heard of this author before, and I actually enjoyed her writing very much. The story, however, was flawed. The romance seem
Ik maak geen recensie op mijn blog over dit boek, aangezien het allang kerst is geweest en ik dit boek niet zo leuk vond (waarschijnlijk ben ik allang uit de kerstsfeer)...
Het eerste verhaal had wel wat, Maureen Johnson heeft een fijne schrijfstijl en haar verhaal was wel oké. John Greens verhaal viel me wat tegen, maar het einde vond ik wel vertederend, net als de andere verhalen. Ik kon totaal niet in het verhaal van Lauren Myracle inkomen, dat was echt slopend! Wel een ideaal boek net voor de
helen the bookowl
This was a sweet Christmas read that definitely got me in the Christmas mood. I could practically hear jingle bells from the first story to the last, and I love how the stories take us from the Express train to a waffle house, from a Twister game to a Starbucks filled with happy Christmas customers (I loved that setting, by the way).
I also appreciated the fact that these stories are entwined with each other and you recognize the characters as you read on. I wanted to be part of Gracetown myself
Aaron Vincent
3 star-rating to Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson.
The first 'book' I read from Maureen Johnson. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I find Maureen's tweets and blog posts a great deal funnier than she was in this. It's cute and made me felt the merriment of the holiday season. Did it excite me to read more from her? Not really. But I won't mind reading them if I have nothing else to read.

4 star-rating to A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green.
John Green is in his usual formula
I started reading this on Christmas Eve and finished on the last night of holiday break, so, you know, beat that. When I told Meg I received it as a Christmas present, she told me: "You can rate it on two scales: actual scale, and Christmas scale." Good thinking, except actually both scales had the same denominator dragging it down for me, which is the last story, which was a dud for me in both actualness and Christmasness.

The first two stories are really nice, Maureen Johnson's lead has a prett
Sep 23, 2009 Tatiana rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of John Green and light YA romance
Shelves: 2009, ya, short-stories
From my experience, anthologies are rarely 5-star readings. The quality of stories is always uneven. This book is no exception.

The three romantic short stories in this book are set at the same time and in the same place - a small storm-stricken town during Christmas. They have common characters and crisscrossing story lines.

The first story written Maureen Johnson is about a girl who finds herself stranded after her train is stopped by a snow storm. During the following two days she realizes th
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sarah Bean the Green Bean Teen Queen for

I'm a sucker for romance any time of the year, but something about the holiday season makes me want to curl up in a nice blanket, drink hot chocolate, and read love stories. LET IT SNOW is the perfect holiday read.

Maureen Johnson starts things off with THE JUBILEE EXPRESS, in which Jubliee (no, not a stripper, but named for a piece in her mother's collection of the Flobie Santa Village) finds herself stranded on a train in Gra
I was slightly disappointed with this book. It wasn't what I was expecting really. First off, I didn't realise it was a young adult novel at first - as it was placed in the adult fiction section of my local bookstore which was not the books fault of course so I won't hold that against it!

The stories don't fit in together really and some of the stories were really boring. There is just mentions of the characters from the other stories in each story. I liked the first two stories - John Green's s
1) Too much girl hate. 2) Writing was decent but nothing special. 3) I guess this book was so over hyped that I went in with too high of expectations because none of the short stories were as good as I thought they were going to be.
Rating Clarificatioin: 4+ Stars

Let it Snow was the perfect kick off for this holiday reading season. The blend of authors that made up this anthology had the right chemistry and flow to make you feel like busting out a cup of hot cocoa. I loved how all of the stories fused together with parallel events and characters. Clever and well orchestrated!

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson - 4 Stars
The narrative in this book was absolutely snarktastic! Jubilee and Stuart were a cute combo and I love
Anastasia Cynthia
“Aku tahu tidak seorang pun sempurna, di balik semua kesempurnaan tampak luar, pasti ada kehidupan rahasia yang pelik serta kesedihan yang disembunyikan.” –Let It Snow ‘Dalam Derai Salju’, hlm. 23

Biarkan orang lain tertawa keras-keras, tapi Malam Natal tidak seharusnya dihabiskan dengan termangu di kereta bobrok yang dilanda badai salju.

Jubilee Dougal baru saja menerima telepon mendadak dari penjara. Kedua orangtuanya pasti sudah gila. Selain keranjingan Flobie Santa Village; kini mereka mala
Mykenna Dutton
Maureen Johnson - 4.5 stars
John Green - 5 stars
Lauren Myracle - 5 stars
2015 Reading Chal...: Let it Snow by John Green 1 9 Sep 23, 2015 09:36AM
Crazy for Young A...: Let it Snow by John Green → Start Date: July 1st, 2015 70 48 Jul 21, 2015 06:39AM
Fangirls and Fanboys: Let it Snow by John Green ----> Starting June 19th 14 19 Jul 13, 2015 09:06PM
Addicted to YA: Let It Snow 10 140 Jun 11, 2015 10:35PM
Why does everybody hate Lauren Myracle's story? 20 298 Feb 10, 2015 03:55PM
  • Scarlett Fever (Scarlett, #2)
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
  • Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd
  • Love Is the Higher Law
  • Ex-mas
  • Twice Told: Original Stories Inspired by Original Artwork
  • How to Say Goodbye in Robot
  • Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4)
  • My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
  • Audrey, Wait!
  • Who Done It?
  • Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3)
  • Psych Major Syndrome
  • What You Wish For: A Book for Darfur

John Green's first novel, Looking for Alaska, won the 2006 Michael L. Printz Award presented by the American Library Association. His second novel, An Abundance of Katherines, was a 2007 Michael L. Printz Award Honor Book and a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. His next novel, Paper Towns, is a New
More about John Green...
The Fault in Our Stars Looking for Alaska Paper Towns An Abundance of Katherines Will Grayson, Will Grayson

“We just did an awesome job of not dying.” 560 likes