Start by marking “Fade (Fade, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Fade (Fade, #1-3)

Fade (Fade #1-3)

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  1,664 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
The Amazon Top 20 selling erotic romance series ebooks in one paperback edition.

Olivia Rowland leaves her Midwestern life behind after graduating from college and heads off to Los Angeles to work for a Hollywood talent agent. Life in L.A. is a culture shock, but nothing compared to the jolt she gets when Max enters her life.

Max Dalton is Hollywood's youngest and brightest
Published October 9th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Fade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fade

Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 01, 2013 Sofia Lazaridou rated it liked it
I will say a couple of things about the books.A)Hello Fifty Shades of Grey without the BDSM stuff!The books reminded me the Fifty Shades trilogy.Girl meets young,hot,famous millionair guy and he is doing everything he cans to make her his.B)The synopsis makes the books seem better than they actually are.C)If you don't read the books you won't miss much.
JenRider
Nov 14, 2012 JenRider rated it liked it
I chose to write a review in this so it'll represent all three of them..

I find that this was a story that if the author had invested a little more time in this book it will have been a huge hit..Now, it's like you took a book and kept only half the scenes and got rid of the rest..

For everyone who want a quick love story, this is your book.
Krystal
Dec 02, 2012 Krystal rated it really liked it
So I liked this book. I really did. I swear I'm still missing something though....

I really thought Max was going to break out some kinky stuff, but then he didn't... So I don't know what the hell I missed, I just feel like there is something about him that CLEARLY I MISSED. There's just something I can't put my finger on. Am I the only one that felt this way? Like there was just something about him that we were missing? Beuller... Beuller...

I was also excited when I saw there was a girl in this
D'dee
Oct 15, 2012 D'dee rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic series! Great story about a young woman new to Hollywood, fresh off the bus from the Midwest. When she walked into writer & movie producer, Max Dalton's office, she had no idea what was in store for her..

That's all I'm saying, except to tell you, when you're ready to begin, make sure you're free to read for a while, you're not going to be able to put them down.

I look forward to more from Kate Dawes!!
Dannielle Helsby
Oct 14, 2012 Dannielle Helsby rated it it was amazing

Fab read! Looking forward to more from Kate Dawes!
Ashley
Oct 11, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
LOVED this series! I hope there will be more!!!
Writer
Jun 14, 2013 Writer rated it it was ok
IT MAKES ME WONDER? ..., June 13, 2013

Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Fade (Kindle Edition)

I'm glad I waited for all the series to be completed before I read this otherwise I would probably have been more disappointed. Or perhaps I should have gone ahead and read the first book right away, that would have saved me from spending time reading the rest. Just the first few pages of the book already threw me in a feeling of disbelief, having the successful sinfully handsome movie writer
Lauren
Jul 25, 2016 Lauren rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

Characters: C-
We learn next to nothing about Max. To me, Max and Olivia had no chemistry. Other than Max being hot and rich there was nothing special about him. And to me Olivia seemed more invested than him. Especially with him saying things like he had a good time and having nothing to say when he sayus it's this best sex of her life and saying she had an awesome time.

Plot: C-
To me, there was not plot. The thing with the ex was stupid and Ott. The thing with her great boss all of a su
Honey Warren
Sep 13, 2014 Honey Warren rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I am always so torn when rating stories like these!!! I liked the plot and the characters. A lot. I just always feel like things are rushed when reading these short novellas. I read the three books separately. It just seems like this could have been three full length novels!!! I wanted more more more!!! I also feel like when reading these billionaire types you are in a category that you will always feel compelled to compare to the others. Mr. Grey, Mr. Beautiful. I hate comparing and ...more
Stephanie
There was something missing here. I kept hoping this would get better but it just kind of stayed ehhh. With some more developement of the characters this might have been a really good book but it felt way too rushed.
Melissa Steiman
Dec 09, 2012 Melissa Steiman rated it liked it
I found these books to be like a watered down version of Fifty Shades. The trilogy was a quick read and enjoyable. I would recommend this as a beach read. There's nothing thought provoking or original though.
Melina
Oct 30, 2012 Melina rated it it was amazing
Fun thrilling read makes you want to know more unable to put it down. Fills all of your senses and puts you through the ups and downs with Olivia.
jea chan
Jan 15, 2013 jea chan rated it it was amazing
Loved their banters (verbal & text) Too bad the ending felt a little rushed, nice epilogue though :)
Karen Meyer
Jan 30, 2013 Karen Meyer rated it it was amazing
Short but satisfying!
Looking forward to more from this author!
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Feb 13, 2013 ❀ Crystal ✿ - rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-read-list
What a disappointment. Honestly, this book had potential but it all fell flat for me. I didn't feel challenged and reading this required having no brain at all. Even the characters are impossible to connect with. Everything was rushed and fits in with a hastily published fan-fic genre. If you're looking for a quick and easy read with sex and more sex then Fade is for you, otherwise if you're looking for something with a bit of substance, you definitely want to move along.

The entire story felt un
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Mar 05, 2014 BooksandBeyondFiftyShades rated it it was amazing
Kate Dawes
These are 3- shorter stories, that certainly equal one, you can’t go wrong. I enjoyed this books a great deal, I will be leaving one review on Amazon for the entire series on Book One. I completely got caught up in the characters and the story, I wanted to keep reading because I cared so much. The writing was done very well, I felt myself being pulled into the story, and would recommend it, the sexual aspect was hot, more erotic, then just sexy. A very Good read.
The New York Times and
Crystal's Many Reviewers
Oct 16, 2013 Crystal's Many Reviewers rated it really liked it
To be completely honest, when I first started reading this. I thought it sounded familiar, but as I got further into the story I realized why it had sounded familiar! I had read the first book a while ago and didn’t wait around for the next 2 books to be released. (Everyone knows I am horrible about following series!) I did like the fact that this book has all 3 parts combined. So I was able to get the whole story in one sitting.
In this story we follow Max and Olivia and their “relationship” f
Farah
Aug 03, 2016 Farah rated it it was ok
Shelves: books
I read the three books separately and never understood why they weren't just published in one book from the beginning anyways it's better that they're put like this now since they were really really short.

Reading them all combined together made me realize just how much potential this story actually had , the author had some really nice ideas but her execution failed , the characters lacked depth and personalities , they also lacked connection with each other and their emotions weren't real. T
Did you ever watch something on the DVR, but your had accidentally pressed the fast forward button one click? It's not fully fast forwarding, you know, where what you're watching is so disjointed it doesn't really make sense? It's skipping just enough to make the transition between scenes a little strange. You still get the gist of what's going on, but it's missing all the little details which make the story great. That's how I feel about this book. Sure, it's cliche. You have the rich Hollywood ...more
Lisa
Sep 09, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
I picked this up for 99 cents, which I thought was a good deal... until I started reading. It's a short read, which isn't what bothers me. It is just way too rushed! The characters are never really developed and their entire relationship felt so forced. There are some 'steamy' parts that just were a disappointment because of the lack of connection. Who cares how steamy you try to make the book, if the story and characters are so flat? I had to forced myself to finish this. It's definitely a ...more
Stefanie
Fast read. Erotica, a little BDSM, a lot of sex, mf, action packed/suspense at times.
Was glad that all 3 were put into one book. I don't like to read the short novellas. I like reading books. Fade ~~ Into You, Into Me, Into Always = 3 short books into 1 book = 309 pages

Very good storyline and actually continued to flow after each short story as it should with a series. Olivia and Max are very good characters and they run into a little bit of suspense throughout the books. I would recommend this
Dawna Raver
Mar 04, 2013 Dawna Raver rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series. It wasn't quite 4 stars, more like 3.5, but I'm feeling generous. Dawes has a nice voice and sense of humor. The story moved along at a fast clip. But, that however, was part of my issue with the series as a whole. I think there could have been a little more character and plot development. In certain places, I think she could have ramped up the tension and drug some conclusions. I almost wondered is she was under some time and/or content constraints by her publisher. The ...more
Krystal
Aug 09, 2014 Krystal rated it it was ok
I'm a little disapointed with this series.
I was really excited to get into these books, but I feel as if the entire series was little rushed.
I feel like scenes within the book were briefly touched on, but not detailed enough for me to get a good sense of what was going on.

This series is great for anyone who needs a steamy romance in a flash. but for those of you, like me, who enjoy a detailed story, then this won't be your kind of book.
Michelle
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
I enjoyed these short books. I was able to finish all 3 in an afternoon and thought the story of Max and Olivia was a nice one. This book is great for those who don't have the time to get sucked into a long book and just need a dose of romance to keep you going.

Midwestern girl meets Hollywood Director. The first book and their first encounters were very hot. Worth the read, but understand that they are short.
Gotta
Dec 16, 2012 Gotta rated it liked it
It had all started so funny to read. Great wording from female perspective. Guess I expected something more, but it hadn't come.
Average conflict, too obvious conflict.
It was a sweet reading, but hardly anything more.

Guess I should cut back on high hopes re: reading summaries :/
(Or not, and I'd be surprised... actually it happened, so fingers crossed:)
Desiree
This was a 'three'-parter, each being 60 pages, what a f**king joke!!! Made even a bigger rip-off because it was very boring too!

It was well enough written, but had a strange sort of jarring summation of what was to come, followed by a glazing over what was happening, and then a summation of what happened again! So it was not a very good book, but the author is ok.
Krista
Feb 09, 2013 Krista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank god i was able to download all of them as one book. I like Novellas but if i had to wait with each one ending the way it did...................

I liked the story and it flowed really well. It was a great quick read!! The ending felt a little wrapped up too quickly but all in all i was happy with the outcome.
Stephanie
Jun 20, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Hmmm...funny I really remember liking the book but (Max, a hit young director, and Olivia, a sweet Midwest gal, are brought together by her desire to be an acting agent) the story after that was not very memorable or maybe too predictable...as I can't actually remember the book.

Next time I shouldn't wait so long to do a review!
Melissa Yoder
Aug 31, 2013 Melissa Yoder rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!! This book was great! I love Olivia. I really love that she is so her own person and in control of her life. I love that she didn't have a horrific past and was just awesome all on her own and I didn't feel like I had to like her. I loved her! I'm so glad I have one more book to read with Olivia and Max or I would be so devastated right now!
Akgrlinthesouth
Nov 22, 2012 Akgrlinthesouth rated it it was amazing
Great series. I was so rooting for Max and Olivia. Love Ms. Dawes' writing style. These are characters you care about unlike some book series where a lot of unnecessary torturing of the reader happens with a lot of crazy unreal scenarios. You can relate to the issues Max and Olivia have to work through. Even in the glitzy world of Hollywood.
Can Hollywood Beat The Billionaire? 1 6 Mar 22, 2013 09:49AM
  • Mistress of the Storm
  • Duty and Desire
  • Erotic Deception
  • The Red Diary
  • The Duchess, Her Maid, The Groom & Their Lover
  • Bonds of Need (Wicked Play, #2)
  • Seduction by the Book
  • Slap Shot (Hot Ice, #3)
  • The Mistress / Wanted: Mistress and Mother
  • A is for Anal (The ABCs of Erotica, #1)
  • Love Me Tonight
  • The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica Volume 10
  • Talk to Me
  • Only  (Holton Woods, #2)
  • Simon Says: Mine (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1.5)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Sudden Sex: 69 Sultry Short Stories
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary erotic romance
More about Kate Dawes...

Fade (5 books)
  • Fade into You (Fade, #1)
  • Fade into Me (Fade, #2)
  • Fade into Always (Fade, #3)
  • Harder We Fade (Fade, #4)