Start by marking “Breaking Deluce” as Want to Read:
Breaking Deluce

Breaking Deluce

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The Deluce family name was once a name that struck fear into the cold heart of evil, then one day they just disappeared without a trace no one knew how or why.
Mona Deluce has no clue about her families ancient history. She only cares about one thing, getting good grades. Her whole life changes when two mysterious boys arrive at school, she falls for one while the other acc
ebook, 1, 41 pages
Published September 17th 2012 by Campbell enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Deluce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Deluce

Linda
This is an engaging and fun to read novella that I hope is setting the stage for a full-length book or even a series of books. It has a young adult feel, but I am many years removed from that age category and found the story highly entertaining.

High school senior Mona thinks she is an ordinary young woman, but the extraordinary arrival of Jason and Damon reveal her to be a key player in a paranormal struggle between good and evil. The ending of the novella is a strategic reveal that Mona has a
E. Lucio
Oct 20, 2012 E. Lucio rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teens and Young Adults

A young-adult novel dealing with fantasy, romance elements, Breaking Deluce follows the story of Mona Deluce, an academic achiever, who suddenly takes an interest for the mysterious Damon, a new student, and a disliking for Jason. As the story develops, highly guarded secrets are revealed, and without warning, Mona becomes engaged in a fierce monster showdown.

Even though the fantasy, romance, and young-adult genres have been reused over monotonously, this novel brings a fresh twist that is guar
Pthant
Breaking Deluce has a story as fascinating as its cover. The young woman depicted there in a determined pose, cutting off her hair with her long sword, is Mona, a go-getting overachiever in HS, whose typical teenage ambitions are sidetracked when two mystery boys arrived at her school. The enigmatic Jason and the charming Damon turn Mona's world topsy-turvy as she is taken out of her mundane high school environment and thrown into a world of evil imps, dangerous doctors and demon blood in a ques ...more
Kim Torres
It is exciting and engaging. Reading the book kept me on the edge of my seat. The more pages I turn, the more I want to know more. The way the author used words to illustrate the action was excellent. He gave just enough attention to the details of the setting. Reading it was like watching the story play out in your imagination.

I loved building up of the characters’ persona; how Mona broke out of her character and how the stiff Damon showed softness towards Mona. The pacing of the story will kee
Slinggreg
Readers of Breaking Deluce will be enthralled by this vivid novel about a young teen named Mona Deluce. Her life is changed forever when confronted by two new students, Jason and Damon. Mona’s character has many layers which slowly get revealed as the story unfolds. Chad Campell’s Breaking Deluce, is sci-fi at its best. I enjoyed the action, suspense and the cliff-hanger ending. I also liked the progression from Mona’s normal high school life to an intense drama involving evil doctors and imps. ...more
Jovarie
I purchased this book because I liked the cover photo, and so I was surprise upon reading that the story is just as beautiful as the cover. Mona is the kind of character that I like. Pretty, have a mysterious secret, brave and lovable. I like the way she handled the situation she's faced with. And of course, the dream of most girls nowadays, 2 boys drooling over you.

The story was written in a clear, straight-forward way and the characters were relatable. The scenes were very graphic as if like
Stacy Baggett
"Breaking Deluce" is a fascinating, fast-paced, action packed tale combining a regular teenage heroine with paranormal issues. Mona Deluce is a typical teenage girl who's main concern in life is being top in her class. As the story unfolds, we witness Mona's change as she is suddenly faced with paranormal issues, as well as experiences her first love. The author knows how to keep the reader on the edge of their seat. "Breaking Deluce" is obviously the first novella in a series, and definitely le ...more
Cristen
Breaking Deluce is a short novel centered around the relationship of Mona Deluce with two new boys in her school. Mona is a studious, book-worm type of girl who is focused on her grades. But when Jason and Damon show up, her world is turned upside down. A battle that is centuries-old begins to erupt, and Mona finds herself caught in the middle.

This is a quick read meant for older children, and the story is entertaining and fast-paced. It is a bit too sci-fi for this reviewer, but is definitely w
Barna
Breaking Deluce is a well written fantasy book targeting younger readers. The main character is Mona a high-school student and her two new classmates Jason and Damon. With the appearance of the two guys Mona's world turns upside down. After this introductory part fantasy elements appear like imps magical weapons and the main enemy the Doctor. The ending is a cliffhanger leaving the reader wanting more.
I can truly recommend this book to anyone interested in the fantasy/romance genre. The fight an
Lisa Metlak
This is the first book in a fantasy series by author Chad Campbell. The author doesn’t waste time introducing the main characters, and the book jumps into the action quickly. The novella is over before you realize it because the writing flows well. While some of the events and dialogue are cliché, it’s a nice, light read when you want to be entertained. The ending is a cliffhanger, which I found to be a refreshing change. Honestly, I want to see what happens next.
Rita Holtzhauer
This short story is a relatively easy read, and the raw idea behind it is pretty interesting. Jason and Damon serve as two excellent foils to each other with the choices they make and how they affect Mona's life, but that is not to say Mona has no say in her own life! It took a little time for me to warm up to the plot, but I am waiting for the next installment to answer all the questions surrounding Mona and the boys.
Kimberly Dickerson
This an awesome, quick read in the fantasy genre, but with a nice dose of suspense thrown in. If you're traveling, this book can be completed in just a couple of hours. I wish there was a slightly different ending to the story, but I will have to wait until the next book in the series comes out. You definitely won't regret purchasing this book.
Tasha
As I read this story I kept inching closer and closer to the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. this was a great story to read it makes you want to keep reading. I am hoping for a second book???
Jack
Breaking Deluce is the kind of book you wish kept on going and going. I was totally wrapped up in the action from the moment I started till I hit the last page. Mona, Jason and Damon are all great characters, complex and intense. It's fun to watch them interact and cope with the challenges they meet. The plot moves quickly, and the action is great -- very much like a graphic novel with the author's descriptions providing the visuals. Can't wait to get my hands on the sequel.
Jamie
Jamie added it
May 06, 2015
Ani H Manjikian
Ani H Manjikian marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Angela Johnson
Angela Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Stephanie Colman
Stephanie Colman marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Marielle
Marielle marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Emy
Emy added it
May 14, 2014
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
B. Practical
B. Practical marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Christopher Pepper and the Silver Soda The Legend of the Spirit Warriors: Beginnings Christopher Pepper and The Silver Soda