Start by marking “All the Lovely Creatures” as Want to Read:
All the Lovely Creatures

Read Book

All the Lovely Creatures

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  26 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
An Anthology of short stories written by GoodReads Paranormal & Horror Lovers Group. Eight authors contributed to this free ebook as an exercise in collaboration and pushing the limits of the paranormal/horror genre with highly unique works.
Published October 11th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about All the Lovely Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Lovely Creatures

L.M. Smith
Oct 11, 2012 L.M. Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this anthology and it did not disappoint. The creatures theme is beautifully crafted by each author and each story offers something unique, not only to the collection itself, but to paranormal and supernatural literature as a whole. Almost every being featured in this collection is one I've never read about in any other fictional work before, the suspense is thrilling and the love scenes in some of the stories are steamy and creative. I can't wait to discover o ...more
Rebecca Nolan
Oct 18, 2012 Rebecca Nolan rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am amazed at the wonderful talent our group has. When we first decided to do a group anthology I never thought so many would want to join; now i have high hopes that it continues. The stories are all fantastic. I love them all! So proud and honored that my name can be included among all the wonderful authors.
Jason Parent
May 30, 2013 Jason Parent rated it really liked it
All The Lovely Creatures is a collection of stories featuring diverse supernatural entities, some familiar, some not. Like most anthologies, some of the stories were excellent and some not so much. But overall, the collection is a great read that exposes readers to several up-and-coming authors in the horror, paranormal and paranormal romance genres.

Some of the tales were YA-ish, others adult - dark and full of gritty sex and violence. Being a typical male and horror fan, I preferred the latter.
Fred
May 05, 2014 Fred rated it did not like it
Shelves: short-stories
Well . . . it's free. There's that good about it. So if you don't have anything else at all on your ereader you can always download this. I hate giving them one star because the first story wasn't bad and I kind of liked it a little, but then along came the next seven stories that alternated between boring me to death and making me hate the writer's face. Also, this is not a collection of horror stories, unless you count Twilight and all that as horror.
Gerald Sessions
Mar 19, 2016 Gerald Sessions rated it really liked it
Some stories were fantastic, some left you wanting more. The mirror story seemed like it stopped wasn't finished. I looked up one author to see if I could read more of her stuff only to find this was it
Theresa
Jan 05, 2013 Theresa rated it it was ok
The stories varied widely in levels of refinement and polish. Only one of the stories felt like some of the elements had been shoe-horned in to fit the narrative, and I honestly feel that the story could have been better with less of the supernatural elements - in the end that particular story felt forced along its plot lines.

Otherwise an enjoyable short read with some unique and intriguing characters I'd be interested in hearing more about.
Jenn S.
Apr 06, 2013 Jenn S. rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
As with many compilations from various authors there is a sense that something just isn't flowing at times. While this can make the reading a bit rough from time to time it wasn't enough to ruin this book. Some parts felt much more fleshed out than others. Overall it's worthy of a read and certainly enjoyable.

A digital copy was provided through Goodreads First Reads. Thank you for the generosity in exchange for an honest review.
Lauren
Feb 14, 2013 Lauren rated it liked it
This is a collection of stories from a few authors. Each story brings new characters and new species to the table. Worth the read, but I had trouble getting into one of the stories. WaAR
Tom
Apr 09, 2013 Tom rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
A book with some short stories. Some of them are really good, others I found very disapointing.
Janet
Nov 28, 2012 Janet rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I love anthologies and love horror. I enjoyed this collection.
Cristi
Cristi added it
Apr 24, 2016
Boyko Ovcharov
Boyko Ovcharov rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Jeana Phillips
Jeana Phillips rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Kym Kohler
Kym Kohler marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2015
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Less Holder
Less Holder rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Wanda Hartzenberg
Wanda Hartzenberg marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Leanne Mckenzie
Leanne Mckenzie rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Renee Toms
Renee Toms rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2014
Danelle
Danelle marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
David Brian
David Brian marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Paranormal Romanc...: Free Anthology 3 34 Sep 12, 2013 08:37PM
Books, Blogs, Aut...: Free Anthology 1 4 Sep 11, 2013 09:21AM
Paranormal and Ho...: "All the Lovely Creatures" free anthology 1 6 Sep 11, 2013 09:18AM
Goodreads Authors...: Free Halloween Thrills 1 5 Oct 31, 2012 10:00AM
Bloggers Unite™ : Free Halloween Thrills 1 2 Oct 31, 2012 09:59AM
Paranormal Romanc...: halloween thrill 1 7 Oct 31, 2012 09:57AM
Goodreads Authors...: Free Anthology by GoodReads Authors 1 11 Oct 12, 2012 06:12AM
Originally from rural West Virginia, B.C. currently lives in Tennessee with her husband. She studied architecture and landscape architecture, earning degrees in both. She loves creativity in all its forms: art, music, literature, etc. B.C. has always enjoyed storytelling, but until recently never put one of her stories to paper. Writing began as a way to relax during graduate school. No one knew s ...more
More about B.C. Sirrom...