Start by marking “Redeeming the Deception of Grace” as Want to Read:
Redeeming the Deception of Grace

Redeeming the Deception of Grace

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  141 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Sometimes all love needs is some healthy competition...

Lady Grace Hashiver has perfected the art of hiding behind a sarcastic whit when it comes to dealing with the rakish Ewan Emmett Duke of Greys, her childhood tormentor. Her whit protects her from betraying the attraction and desire she feels whenever she is around him.

Ewan Emmett, Duke of Greys is perfectly thrilled to
Kindle Edition
Published November 1st 2012 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about Redeeming the Deception of Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeeming the Deception of Grace

Entwined with You by Sylvia DayJoshua's Tree by N.W. HarrisReal by Katy EvansLosing Hope by Colleen HooverTwisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
2013 Summer Reads
162nd out of 926 books — 1,559 voters
The Home Court Advantage by N.M. SilberBack to You by Priscilla GlennCrashing Back Down by Kristen Hope MazzolaSempre by J.M. DarhowerReason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan
Indie Romance – November New Releases
41st out of 42 books — 124 voters

More lists with this book...

Alisa
Mar 08, 2013 Alisa rated it it was amazing
Lady Grace Hashiver told a lie when she was 8 years old. A lie that led to Ewan Emmett, the future Duke of Greys, being punished. He has never let her forget it.

Ten years later she is a beauty and he never lets a chance go by to tease her. What he doesn't know is that even though she doesn't simper and coo around him like other ladies do, her heart still flutters whenever she is with him.

So it's a great relief to her when she meets Spencer Raleigh, Earl of Shiply who shows an interest in her an
Jultri
May 30, 2014 Jultri rated it it was ok
Slightly simplistic writing style that assumes the readers are also simplistic themselves and spells out every thought and emotion experienced by the protagonists.
Linda Hays-Gibbs
Jul 20, 2013 Linda Hays-Gibbs rated it it was amazing
Redeeming the Deception of Grace Review by Linda Hays-Gibbs authored by
Kristin Vayden
Grace Hashiver and Ewan, the Duke of Greys have spared with each other since they were children.
Their relationship is very complex and clever and their characters are intriguing. I felt for Grace and her insecurities. She is combating Ewan and his clever replies and teasing all through the story.
They have a run of conflict and attraction.
Now she is a gown lady and he is a known rake but her heart flutters ev
Alanna Mooney
Lady Grace Hashiver has been friends with Ewan Emmett, Duke of Greys, since she was a child. The attraction she feels whenever she is around him is strong, but she fears that their childhood together will stand in their way. They tormented each other for years and Grace is worried that Ewan won’t be able to see her as anything but an annoying little girl. She decides that she will try to distract herself with the attentions of another. At this point, Ewan starts to feel something he wasn’t expec ...more
Melissa
Feb 09, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Redeeming the Deception of Grace is a nice reminder of why I love clean historical fiction. It has a bit of everything – beautiful setting, romance, witty banter- all that make up for a great reading experience, and a quick one at that too!

I certainly loved the relationship between Lady Grace and Ewan, the Duke of Greys. They seemed like little kids the way they argued or tormented each other, I swear they would almost stomp their feet every time something did not go as planned, especially Ewan.
Gunnar
Nov 21, 2012 Gunnar rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
This sweet novella has a lot of chemistry between the characters, a simple plotline dominated by emotions rather than events, and a more readable writing style than the average debut epubbed novella.

Although the emotional machinations of the hero and heroine went on a bit long for this reviewer, and although there were the usual Regency-era historical inaccuracies such as a Christmas tree and modern language usage, none of that detracted a whit from my enjoyment of the story. On the contrary, wa
Natalie Ryabenko
May 02, 2014 Natalie Ryabenko rated it it was ok
I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy this book. It might have been short, but there was no character growth and the two main characters faught through the whole book.
Megan
Jun 18, 2013 Megan rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a good, quick - feel good regancy romance - Look no farther, THIS IS YOUR BOOK!! The characters are loveable, especially Ewan! I loved how Grace's mother knew everyone's feelings when it came to the two of them and called them on it. The storyline was a step away from the typical ruin the girl, marry her out of honor, find out you love one another - and I found that refreshing and endearing! I loved watching the two discover their love for one another from childhood friend ...more
Gabriela Scheinberg
Feb 16, 2015 Gabriela Scheinberg rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this author. Her books are romance at its purest! Amazing!
Charissa
Mar 17, 2013 Charissa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Fun, quick regency romance. Lady Grace and The Duke of Greys have known each other since they were children. As they blossom into adults, they continue to tease and trade witty barbs, but try to shun the intense attraction they feel in each other’s presence. When another suitor begins to pursue Grace, she is captivated by the attention, and Greys is insanely jealous. Can he leave behind his life of being a cad to pursue the woman he truly loves and treat her as she deserves to be treated?
Donna (More Than a Review)
Jan 04, 2014 Donna (More Than a Review) rated it really liked it
This sweet novella has a lot of chemistry between the characters, with fun banter between two people who grew up together as nemisis.
You can see my full review at More Than a Review dot com where I rate the level of sex, violence, language and drug/alcohol use in books.
Kalinya Parker-Pryce
I enjoyed this story sufficiently to overlook some editing issues. It is a clean Regency romance. There is no sex, and the H doesn't kiss the h until the last few pages of the story.
I prefer stories that have a little more going on at all levels, but this was still a very enjoyable story. If you want a nice quick read, give it a go.
Nanette
Jul 09, 2013 Nanette rated it really liked it
Loved it!! I couldn't wait to tell my friends about this one -- and didn't even want to wait for one of my friends to buy it herself. I gifted it. Love the dynamic between Grace and Ewan -- definitely had me laughing.
Rosellina
Apr 17, 2013 Rosellina rated it liked it
carino ma "leggero" come lettura
Debbie Diamond
Debbie Diamond marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Raven_23
Raven_23 rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Miriam Silvers-james
Miriam Silvers-james marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Rtfirefly
Rtfirefly marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Pixel
Pixel marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Jayney Pena
Jayney Pena marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it did not like it
Oct 30, 2015
tina lemmons
tina lemmons rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Elisha
Elisha rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Monique Kelly
Monique Kelly rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2015
fishgill
fishgill rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2015
  • Time for a Duke
  • Tempt Me With Kisses (Maiden and Her Knight, #2)
  • Two Turtledoves (The House of Renwick)
  • Taming Wilde (Waltzing with the Wallflower, #3)
  • Lady Iona's Rebellion
  • The Mistress At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade, #3)
  • The Lance Temptation (Edgemont, #1)
  • A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #1)
  • My Cherished Enemy
  • Rules for a Lady
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • Hint of Desire (Desire #1)
  • The Marshal Takes A Wife  (The Burnett Brides, #3)
  • Ruined by a Rake (All's Fair in Love, #1)
  • Wickeds Scandal (The Wickeds Book 1)
  • A Gentle Grace (Wedded Women Quartet, #4)
  • A Bright Particular Star (Cavanagh Family, #2)
  • The Defiant One (de Montforte, #3)
Kristin's inspiration for the romance she writes comes from her tall, dark and handsome husband with killer blue eyes. With five children to chase, she is never at a loss for someone to kiss, something to cook or some mess to clean but she loves every moment of it! She loves to make soap, sauerkraut, sourdough bread and gluten free muffins. Life is full of blessings and she praises God for the ble ...more
More about Kristin Vayden...