Start by marking “Redeeming the Deception of Grace” as Want to Read:
Redeeming the Deception of Grace

Redeeming the Deception of Grace

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Sometimes all love needs is some healthy competition...

Lady Grace Hashiver has perfected the art of hiding behind a sarcastic whit when it comes to dealing with the rakish Ewan Emmett Duke of Greys, her childhood tormentor. Her whit protects her from betraying the attraction and desire she feels whenever she is around him.

Ewan Emmett, Duke of Greys is perfectly thrilled to
Kindle Edition
Published November 1st 2012 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about Redeeming the Deception of Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeeming the Deception of Grace

Joshua's Tree by N.W. HarrisEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReal by Katy EvansLosing Hope by Colleen HooverTwisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
2013 Summer Reads
161st out of 921 books — 1,553 voters
The Home Court Advantage by N.M. SilberBack to You by Priscilla GlennCrashing Back Down by Kristen Hope MazzolaSempre by J.M. DarhowerReason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan
Indie Romance – November New Releases
39th out of 40 books — 122 voters

More lists with this book...

Alisa
Lady Grace Hashiver told a lie when she was 8 years old. A lie that led to Ewan Emmett, the future Duke of Greys, being punished. He has never let her forget it.

Ten years later she is a beauty and he never lets a chance go by to tease her. What he doesn't know is that even though she doesn't simper and coo around him like other ladies do, her heart still flutters whenever she is with him.

So it's a great relief to her when she meets Spencer Raleigh, Earl of Shiply who shows an interest in her an
Jultri
Slightly simplistic writing style that assumes the readers are also simplistic themselves and spells out every thought and emotion experienced by the protagonists.
Linda Hays-Gibbs
Redeeming the Deception of Grace Review by Linda Hays-Gibbs authored by
Kristin Vayden
Grace Hashiver and Ewan, the Duke of Greys have spared with each other since they were children.
Their relationship is very complex and clever and their characters are intriguing. I felt for Grace and her insecurities. She is combating Ewan and his clever replies and teasing all through the story.
They have a run of conflict and attraction.
Now she is a gown lady and he is a known rake but her heart flutters ev
Alanna Mooney
Lady Grace Hashiver has been friends with Ewan Emmett, Duke of Greys, since she was a child. The attraction she feels whenever she is around him is strong, but she fears that their childhood together will stand in their way. They tormented each other for years and Grace is worried that Ewan won’t be able to see her as anything but an annoying little girl. She decides that she will try to distract herself with the attentions of another. At this point, Ewan starts to feel something he wasn’t expec ...more
Melissa
Redeeming the Deception of Grace is a nice reminder of why I love clean historical fiction. It has a bit of everything – beautiful setting, romance, witty banter- all that make up for a great reading experience, and a quick one at that too!

I certainly loved the relationship between Lady Grace and Ewan, the Duke of Greys. They seemed like little kids the way they argued or tormented each other, I swear they would almost stomp their feet every time something did not go as planned, especially Ewan.
Gunnar
Nov 21, 2012 Gunnar rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
This sweet novella has a lot of chemistry between the characters, a simple plotline dominated by emotions rather than events, and a more readable writing style than the average debut epubbed novella.

Although the emotional machinations of the hero and heroine went on a bit long for this reviewer, and although there were the usual Regency-era historical inaccuracies such as a Christmas tree and modern language usage, none of that detracted a whit from my enjoyment of the story. On the contrary, wa
Natalie Ryabenko
I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy this book. It might have been short, but there was no character growth and the two main characters faught through the whole book.
Megan
If you are looking for a good, quick - feel good regancy romance - Look no farther, THIS IS YOUR BOOK!! The characters are loveable, especially Ewan! I loved how Grace's mother knew everyone's feelings when it came to the two of them and called them on it. The storyline was a step away from the typical ruin the girl, marry her out of honor, find out you love one another - and I found that refreshing and endearing! I loved watching the two discover their love for one another from childhood friend ...more
Charissa
Fun, quick regency romance. Lady Grace and The Duke of Greys have known each other since they were children. As they blossom into adults, they continue to tease and trade witty barbs, but try to shun the intense attraction they feel in each other’s presence. When another suitor begins to pursue Grace, she is captivated by the attention, and Greys is insanely jealous. Can he leave behind his life of being a cad to pursue the woman he truly loves and treat her as she deserves to be treated?
Donna (More Than a Review)
This sweet novella has a lot of chemistry between the characters, with fun banter between two people who grew up together as nemisis.
You can see my full review at More Than a Review dot com where I rate the level of sex, violence, language and drug/alcohol use in books.
Kalinya
I enjoyed this story sufficiently to overlook some editing issues. It is a clean Regency romance. There is no sex, and the H doesn't kiss the h until the last few pages of the story.
I prefer stories that have a little more going on at all levels, but this was still a very enjoyable story. If you want a nice quick read, give it a go.
Nanette
Loved it!! I couldn't wait to tell my friends about this one -- and didn't even want to wait for one of my friends to buy it herself. I gifted it. Love the dynamic between Grace and Ewan -- definitely had me laughing.
Rosellina
carino ma "leggero" come lettura
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Ebookie
Ebookie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Laura Parkinson
Laura Parkinson marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Ann Lahaie
Ann Lahaie is currently reading it
Jan 12, 2015
Julie Croce
Julie Croce marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Joselyn Brown
Joselyn Brown marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Glenda Gurney
Glenda Gurney marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Oksana
Oksana is currently reading it
Nov 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Whispered Music (London Fairy Tales, #2)
  • Time for a Duke
  • Two Turtledoves (The House of Renwick)
  • Lady Iona's Rebellion
  • The Maiden At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade, #2)
  • The Lance Temptation (Edgemont, #1)
  • Edge of the Past (Edge, #2)
  • A Lot Like A Lady (Lady, #1)
  • A Bright Particular Star (Cavanagh Family, #2)
  • Rules for a Lady
  • Anything but a Gentleman
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #1)
  • Hint of Desire (The Desire Series, #1)
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)
  • The Marshal Takes A Wife  (The Burnett Brides, #3)
  • The Heart's Haven
Kristin is a stay at home mom of four children. She stays busy with homeschooling three of them and chasing the fourth around the house. Her inspiration for the romance she writes comes from her tall, dark and handsome husband with killer blue eyes. She loves to make soap, sauerkraut, sourdough bread and gluten free muffins. Life is full of blessings and she praises God for the blessed and abundan ...more
More about Kristin Vayden...
To Refuse a Rake Beyond Broken The Only Reason for the London Season What the Duke Wants Living London