Start by marking “Scorcher (Forces of Nature #1)” as Want to Read:
Scorcher (Forces of Nature #1)

Scorcher (Forces of Nature #1)

Orphaned by the accidental use of her pyrokinetic abilities at the age of 11, Aidan O’Donnell had nowhere to turn when the secret criminal organization known as Iris took her in and used her powers of fire manipulation for their own nefarious purposes.

Hoping to one day break free of Iris’s hold, Aidan closely guards the secret of her criminal life as she struggles to main
Published October 8th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Scorcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorcher

Maria Elmvang
Dec 11, 2012 Maria Elmvang rated it really liked it
A 4.5 star review.

I'd had my eye out for this book for quite awhile as I've been reading the author's blog, so when she revealed that it was free of Amazon weekend before last, I jumped at the chance. I started it a few days later, and it didn't take me long to realize that this would have been well worth shelling out proper money on. A quick and very enjoyable read.

In atmosphere, it most of all reminded me of the animated movie "The Incredibles". The entire idea of superheros hiding among us, a
Trunkot
Dec 11, 2012 Trunkot rated it it was amazing
This is easily the best book I have read all year. I usually avoid first time published authors preferring to stick to books that come highly recommended. This book could not have proved me more wrong. Every time I thought I had the plot figured out there was a twist. The lead did not disappoint. It is so nice to be able to relate in strong independent female that does not let you down because she cannot figure out her love life (cough cough Bella cough cough). I am not sure what words I can use ...more
Trine
Dec 17, 2012 Trine rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Trine by: Maria
Shelves: fantasy, e-book, 2012
I didn't know what to expect of this book, but my daughter knows the author and promoted it, so I thought I would give it a try on my cross-country train ride (across Denmark, that is). It turned out to be a very nice time consumer. A mix between a romance and a fantasy novel without falling into the pitfalls and clichés of either. I liked the descriptions of how the supernatural charachters tried to live with their secret identities and how their powers weren't that easy to control. I'll be loo ...more
Nocturnal  Bookworm
Aug 18, 2013 Nocturnal Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Scorcher is a great book. It's definitely a new take on the super hero/villain subgenre of scifi written from the perspective of the conflicted bad girl. Kelly definitely is full of surprises and I can't wait for the next book to come out!
Beth
Jan 22, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing
What a great book!! I couldn't put it down. One becomes totally invested with the characters. I can't wait for the series to continue.
Peter
Oct 30, 2012 Peter rated it it was amazing
Great read. Enjoyed it immensely and can't wait for the sequel.
Bookgirlr
May 25, 2014 Bookgirlr rated it really liked it
When I began comparing the bad to the good when starting this review I began thinking about some other author’s first novels. Exposition, telling versus showing, is something that many authors struggle with (myself included). And the “superfluous language” that the previously mentioned reviewer commented upon is a common byproduct of exposition, trying to get the reader more involved Edwards throws in too many exciting adverbs and adjectives. Keep reading however, after those first few pages Sco ...more
Joanne G.
Jun 25, 2013 Joanne G. rated it liked it
A young girl with the fantastic ability to call forth fire is taken in by a crime syndicate and trained for nefarious purposes. Her dream of escaping her life of crime is complicated when she finds herself falling in love with a man playing for the opposing team.

I had a good idea before picking up Scorcher that it was a superhero story. I didn't realize it was a romance, too. It has kissing, folks! Lots of kissing. Thankfully, the action held my attention, and the romance didn't hurt me too muc
Earicka
Aug 19, 2013 Earicka rated it it was amazing
This is a different take on a villain story ... Is she bad because she was born that way or because it is her job? Or is she even truly bad or is it a misconception due to the circumstances she was forced to grow up in?

This was an engaging story that made me think alot about the nature of the image we perceive of ourselves...are we what we think we are or how others see us? What exactly is our reality?

The action and adventure are nonstop with a dash of suspense and intrigue just to round out t
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Ben Simon
Ben Simon rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Paul Leone
Paul Leone rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2013
james mitchell
james mitchell rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2014
Becky
Becky rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2013
Maricel
Maricel rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2013
Laura Funk
Laura Funk rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
sherry powell
sherry powell rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Joseph Hillenbrand
Joseph Hillenbrand rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Nina
Nina rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
May 24, 2013
Young Yun
Young Yun rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Kipi Guentner
Kipi Guentner rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2014
Lizzi Crystal
Lizzi Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Shannon (Giraffe Days) marked it as to-read
Cody
Cody marked it as to-read
Kristen Jett
Kristen Jett marked it as to-read
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Lacy
Lacy marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Emy
Emy added it
Camilla Hansen
Camilla Hansen marked it as to-read
Brendan O'neill
Brendan O'neill marked it as to-read
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Johanna
Johanna marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
J.M.
J.M. marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Stacey Thomas
Stacey Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Nights
Nights marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Skyril
Skyril marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014