Start by marking “House of Cards (Reign of Tarot, #1)” as Want to Read:
House of Cards (Reign of Tarot, #1)

House of Cards (Reign of Tarot, #1)

4.7 of 5 stars 4.70  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Alternate Cover Edition: B009LAH1Q6

You can't escape Fate....

A young nobleman escapes the Reign of Terror in 18th century France to find himself dragged into an even worse fate--a hellish underworld wherein he is cajoled and put on trial by a demon tribunal for crimes he never committed. Can he answer thwart his fate, one worse than the guillotine?
Second, 31 pages
Published October 3rd 2012 by Raven Queen Publications

To ask other readers questions about House of Cards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Cards

Roxanne Kade
This a truly macabre, twisted tale. Revezzo paints a nightmarish picture with her descriptive details and intriguing storyline.

Although it felt a little too fast paced (I find this with most short stories), I still felt in tune with the story from start to finish.

I really wished there was more to this book, and I mean that in a good way. I would love to see this develope into a full length novel, with even more twists and turns, and even more ghastly creatures of the underworld.

All in all, it w
Brandy Nacole
Wednesday, March 20, 2013Taking a Break

Taking A Little Break

Hey fabulous readers/writers/bloggers,

I hope you are all doing well. This week is a little different. There will be no review/author spotlights on Friday/Saturday. Why? Spring Break, Baby :)

No worries tho, everything will be back in full swing next week. I hope everyone has a safe week, along with some good moments and laughs!

If anyone needs anything, you can still reach me through my email: bnacole86@yahoo.com

I leave you with this.

G
Lizzy Lessard
It’s amazing how rare it is to find a short story with a rich atmosphere, three dimensional characters, and a proper ending. House of Cards exceeded my expectations for what a short story should offer. Sinjor is fleeing Paris in a stagecoach (I think that’s the right name for the vehicle) but not fast enough. He is caught in route by something and he must tread carefully to figure out how to survive this encounter. Sinjon’s indecision and often inaptitude in figuring out the quests is a refreshi ...more
M.L. Chesley
This short story was a great read. It packed a solid punch and moved rapidly, but not so much you got lost in the rush. It was just right. It reminded me of Dante's Inferno in the fact it was different levels of hell but were riddles instead. Imagine having to move through the afterlife with just your wits about you. If you went mad, you'd be screwed.
However this story also had some special meaning hidden within, in the form of Tarot cards. How you read the Tarot depends entirely on you and your
S.G. Rogers
This story is set during the French revolution, when anyone of royal blood found themselves arbitrarily dragged to the guillotine. Sinjon's parents put him in a carriage, hoping he will escape France. Angry peasants are not the only thing after Sinjon, however. He finds himself sucked into a trial of the supernatural kind. If he loses, he will become the bridegroom to a woman who makes the Crypt Keeper look cute.I thought House of Cards was really rich in description and imagery. Revezzo has a k ...more
Jeffrey Owens
Jeffrey Owens marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Elle
Elle added it
Dec 08, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Barb McKinley
Barb McKinley marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Amanda Rusher
Amanda Rusher marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Donna Thompson
Donna Thompson marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Robyn Donnelly
Robyn Donnelly marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Ilona E.
Ilona E. marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Jessica Pagan
Jessica Pagan marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Janet Powers
Janet Powers marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Surya
Surya marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
davina
davina marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2013
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Paranormal and Ho...: Gothic supernatural horror 3 28 Dec 05, 2014 09:40AM
Bargain Basement: Free Supernatural horror 1 5 Dec 05, 2014 09:18AM
Paranormal and Ho...: Offering review copies of House of Cards 12 29 Mar 29, 2013 09:45AM
Juli D. Revezzo is a Florida girl with a love of speculative and romantic fiction and legend, and loves writing stories with all kinds of fantastical elements. Aside from Changeling's Crown, she is the author of The Antique Magic series and the Paranormal Romance Harshad Wars series and many short stories. She is also a member of the Independent Author Network and the Magic Appreciation Tour. To l ...more
More about Juli D. Revezzo...
The Artist's Inheritance (Antique Magic, #1) Passion's Sacred Dance (Harshad Wars, #1) Changeling's Crown Murder upon a Midnight Clear Caitlin's Book of Shadows (Antique Magic, #1.5)