Start by marking “My Travels with Capts. Lewis and Clark, by George Shannon” as Want to Read:
My Travels with Capts. Lewis and Clark, by George Shannon

My Travels with Capts. Lewis and Clark, by George Shannon

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  27 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
MY TRAVELS WITH CAPTS. LEWIS AND CLARK BY GEORGE SMITH

Kate McMullan and Adrienne Yorinks

"Delectable period details, surprising facts, and classic moments keep the story lively. An inspiring journey." - Publishers Weekly (starred review)

This fictional journal tells the true story of sixteen-year-old George Shannon's adventures with the Lewis and Clark Expedition, through pe
Paperback
Published January 3rd 2006 by HarperCollins (first published 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about My Travels with Capts. Lewis and Clark, by George Shannon

Julie
Oct 13, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book on Lewis and Clark, written by one of George Shannon's descendents. It is the fictionalized journal of George Shannon, a teenager who participated in the famous Corps of Discovery as they explored previously uncharted land west of the Mississippi River. This is compelling reading, historically accurate, action filled, and based on George Shannon's actual journals. Although this was written for the young adult market (fourth graders on up would like it); I would ...more
Tracy
Apr 19, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing
I read this book so I could help my son with a book report. I found the story engaging, the characters interesting and complex. I enjoyed the diary style of writing for a nice change. At the end, as I read the authors explanation, I was intrigued to know that George Shannon was an ancestor of hers.
I enjoy that the author stayed focused on George Shannon and didn't overly indulge the myths and legends of Capts Lewis and Clark and Sacagawea.
Ethan A.
Nov 09, 2015 Ethan A. rated it really liked it
Imunuhara Ziento
Jul 23, 2014 Imunuhara Ziento rated it it was amazing
The book is a beautiful example of history. It is perfectly thoughtout and does not go into any extremely boring background details. It tells the true story of a real boy, who went on the adventure of a lifetime. I would recommend this to anyone.
Suzan
Apr 06, 2015 Suzan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, history
Though this is a novel, it is based on true accounts of the Lewis and Clark expedition. It is very well written in the voice of a 16-17 year old young man and interesting for anyone who loves history and adventure.
Posie
Feb 08, 2010 Posie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: history people
Recommended to Posie by: my ma
Well, today I finished this book. I thought it was pretty good! Full of adventure, but it could be sooooo slow at times. I recommend it to you history people out there!
Jaeger Matthias
The best book in the "New World"! I like reading about Capts. Lewis and Clark in the Rocky Mountains.

I REPEAT: THE BEST BOOK IN THE NEW WORLD!!
Eileen
Jul 11, 2012 Eileen rated it liked it
This was a pretty good read. Not an actual journal like I thought it was supposed to be, but still based on the history of the exploration.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Told in diary format from the point of view of a teenage soldier who accompanies Lewis and Clark into the wilderness.
Jdgibson Gibson
Jdgibson Gibson rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2010
MJ
MJ rated it did not like it
May 28, 2015
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2012
Solomon Weisgerber
Solomon Weisgerber rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Rhen
Rhen rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Samantha Anderson
Samantha Anderson rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Gabriel
Gabriel rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2012
Myrissa Nearman
Myrissa Nearman rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2010
Tiger
Tiger rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Jan 26, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Good diary
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2009
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Jailynn
Jailynn rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2009
Laura rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Easton
Easton rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2013
Jori Richardson
Jori Richardson rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
May 01, 2012
Taylor Smith
Taylor Smith is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2007
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2008
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2008
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2009
Charmaine
Charmaine marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2009
Moie
Moie added it
Nov 08, 2011
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
MaryJo
MaryJo marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Christopher Maxwell
Christopher Maxwell marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Chrissena Weaver
Chrissena Weaver marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015